All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
Re: Welcome, Morven! new
      #15874 - 08/01/03 02:42 AM
Morven

Reged: 07/31/03
Loc: Scotland,UK

Thanks RLU!
Its so good to have the boards,was aprehensive at joing at first,but am sooooo glad i have.Have learnt so much already!
I am bias but yes,scotland is gorgeous,i really missed it when i was living in london,makes you appreciate things more when you are away from them.So glad to be back now

--------------------
Morven

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: ??What's one good thing that has happened to you today?? new
      #15875 - 08/01/03 02:53 AM
Morven

Reged: 07/31/03
Loc: Scotland,UK

Thanks Jules,

Am so glad i joined the boards already! Its great! Such a good feeling to know you have people that totally understand what your going through!

--------------------
Morven

Re: RLU, I used to live in Picayune - jr hi - great friends! - nt new
      #15899 - 08/01/03 06:58 AM
RLU

Reged: 02/04/03
Loc: Jackson, Mississippi

COOL! An old college mate buddy of mine lives there now. I know where Picayune is!!!

--------------------
Screen Name: Nan275

Re: I know where Picayune is! Used to live in Mandeville, La. --nt- new
      #15901 - 08/01/03 06:59 AM
RLU

This is cool having people know this part of the country!!!

--------------------

Re: A love story by Me new
      #15902 - 08/01/03 07:03 AM
RLU

GREAT STORY!!!! I love these romance stories.

--------------------

#15923 - 08/01/03 08:52 AM
Ashley62

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Eastern Ontario, Canada

I work for a great company that allows for flex hours (I work 75 hours in 9 days & get every second Friday off!) - as a working Mom this is a lifesaver! Today is my day off, but I'm at work as there are several people on vacation. I will be leaving soon, but the great thing is, I don't mind! I have the flexibility to take the extra time whenever I want.
Also, I'm meeting 2 girlfriends for lunch - we worked together years ago and have recently reconnected. My friend is making Squash soup for me as I have explained IBS to her - what could be better than a friend like that? Aside from all of you guys!!
Have a great weekend - it's a long weekend in Canda!

--------------------
Leah
"Years wrinkle the skin, but to give up interest wrinkles the soul"

Re: Skydiving new
      #16000 - 08/01/03 12:50 PM
Josie

Reged: 03/28/03
Loc: Boston

You know, I never would have thought that I would have the guts (haha no pun intended) to jump from 2 miles up, but what an amazing experience. As soon as the door on the plane opened, it was he most beautiful thing. I did my first jump tandem (with the owner of the drop zone attached to my back) at sunset. We exited the plane with a sommersault, then did a back flip into a sit dive, then into the typical arch position at 120 mph. What a rush! I did the jump in VT and once the canopy opened, it was so peaceful. So quiet and the view of the mountains, Lake Champlain and New York were breath taking. I had it videotaped and the look on my face was priceless! It is such an amazing thing to do, and it is something I can cross it off my list of "things to do before I die". Anyone else every tried skydiving?

--------------------
Be not afraid of going slowly; be afraid only of standing still. -- Chinese proverb

Re: I know where Picayune is! Used to live in Mandeville, La. --nt- new
      #16078 - 08/02/03 04:49 PM
KaybeeC

Reged: 03/14/03
Loc: Ohio

We moved to Picayune in the early '60s (yeah, I'm old!) when my dad worked at a NASA test site. I was in 7th grade and everyone teasingly called me "yankee" since I was from Ohio. I was SO homesick, but I made some wonderful friends. Then, of course, my dad got transferred back to Ohio - and I was even MORE homesick for Picayune! The only thing I didn't really care for was having red beans & rice, sausage and a side of cling peaches for lunch at least once a week! We made lots of trips to Hattiesburg and New Orleans while we were there. Hurricane season wasn't too much fun, though, for a midwestern girl - very scary! I think this was in 1964, and a hurricane was coming thru so Dad packed us all up and we drove to Jackson - and found a tornado waiting THERE, so we just turned around and drove back! Anyway, it's fun to reminisce!

Blessings,
Kaybee C

#16086 - 08/02/03 06:33 PM
Essence

Reged: 03/20/03

Today I made a fantastic fresh strawberry/blueberry whipped cream, cream cheese, sour cream, homemade crust pie... and it's great !!

Evie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 900 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 40116

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review