All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
Re: ??What's one good thing that has happened to you today?? new
      #15726 - 07/31/03 03:28 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

I finally changed out my navel ring and got a pretty butterfly.

(It doesn't take much to amuse me. )

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Where do I start? new
      #15730 - 07/31/03 05:30 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

That's SO GREAT!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: ??Torbetta new
      #15732 - 07/31/03 05:37 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

I had thought of that too but we don't have a lot of room for house plants. I also have a dumb cat with a death wish that eats them and I am not very good at keeping them alive.

#15743 - 07/31/03 07:06 AM
RLU

Reged: 02/04/03
Loc: Jackson, Mississippi

KOOL! Congrats on the dog-bonding!! I decided to get a massage. Since my best friend manages a spa she got it for me as a happy treat (I have the greatest friends!!). An hour and a half it was HEAVEN. I don't have to tell you. Since she knew I had IBS-C she did a special ab massage which was wonderful, since she has it too!! Needless to say I am thinking about spoiling myself once a month with one of those. For those of you who haven't tried it. I highly recommend a deep tissue massage!!! HEAVEN HEAVEN HEAVEN. That is my happy story for the day.

--------------------
Screen Name: Nan275

Re: Oooh ooh! Pick me! Hand waving in the air! new
      #15744 - 07/31/03 07:11 AM
RLU

YEAH !!! I am so glad you had some good news!! I know that is a relief for you!!!

--------------------

#15745 - 07/31/03 07:18 AM
RLU

Jules - Ruchie -

You guys give me hope!!! It makes me smile to read these stories!!! I was in the same situation, but still looking

--------------------

#15748 - 07/31/03 07:30 AM
dlt647

Reged: 06/10/03
Loc: West Chester, PA

My fiance and I were talking on the phone yesterday. He thanked me for picking up his dry cleaning, then he said, "Actually, thank you for being you." It brought tears to my eyes.

Re: Oooh ooh! Pick me! Hand waving in the air! new
      #15751 - 07/31/03 07:48 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Ohhh, Michelle, I cried when I read your post. It sounds like Luke got the teacher that God intended for him to have, and I am so happy for you. Just the fact that this teacher called you ahead of time, set up an additional meeting with you, and asked tons of questions shows that she's really a compassionate person and is concerned about your son. She's also very organized if she said she likes things to be predictable, and from what I understand of Asperger's, that's what these kids need is routine, routine, routine. And her comment that she would "just love him and the rest would work itself out" indicates to me that she truly loves children and wants what's best for each of them---the true mark of an excellent teacher! I have worked as an inclusion teacher (went into the classroom to assist the regular teacher with those students with learning disabilities), and from what you are telling us, this is a great match for your son. Hats off to the school principal or headmaster who made the placement!
As a mother, I know how relieved you must be. We all want our kids to be liked, but especially when one has special needs, we pray and hope that others will have emphathy and love them as we do. It sounds like God has indeed answered your prayers for Luke. Thanks for sharing this with us. It's great news!

#15754 - 07/31/03 08:21 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

I'm a little late responding since I was so busy yesterday, but here goes. A young woman in my neighborhood called me and asked me if I would consider coming over to her house and helping her with decorating. She said she loved "the look" of my house and needed some help, but couldn't afford a decorator. I was honored that she would ask me. I went over there and had the greatest time. I know you may think I'm crazy, but I was having so much fun!!!!!! I was over there all afternoon, helping her select things and rearrange furniture. We went to Lowe's and Home Depot and picked out paint swatches and rugs, came home, tried them, and they looked great. We also went by Linens and Things and I gave her some ideas for colors she could use in her guest room and bathroom.
I ended up spending 5 hours with her, and I was in heaven! I had her pull out things out of her closets and cupboards, and I found a place for them. I felt like I was doing one of those interior redesign shoes for HGTV.
She had warned me that her husband was very picky and very opinionated. We had made so many changes that I was determined to be out of the house by the time he got home from work, just in case all the changes were too much for him, when yikes, he comes in the back door! (Just as all of the accessories were in place, thank goodness.) Caught in the act, what could I do but hope for the best?
I couldn't believe it, but he loved the rugs, the paint colors I had selected, the furniture arrangement, and the accessories I had added. He was amazed at what I had done, and kept saying, "Boy, you are good!" My friend was so happy that he was happy, and boy, what it did for my ego! Maybe I've missed my calling! I could do this everyday.

#15755 - 07/31/03 08:24 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Beaglelover

That's totaly awesome! Maybe you could do this as aside job? Wish you could come help me with my place!!!

-<3-
Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 360 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 40108

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review