All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
Re: ??What's one good thing that has happened to you today?? new
      #15603 - 07/30/03 11:30 AM
tnchawk

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: New Ken, PA

Well, I got to see my friend that used to work with more for the first time in 3 months! We got to go to lunch together and gossip. I also got to see her wedding photos. It was fun to take my mind off of all the stuff that I am thinking about now. My husband and I are trying so hard to move back to Pittsburgh. He is a teacher and jobs there are JUST SO HARD to get. I have something lined up, but if he doesn't then our chances are shot until next year. Sorry... I know that this is supposed to be good stuff...I didn't mean to go off on a tangent. But, I had to vent because you guys are such godd "listeners"

Thanks!
Christianne

--------------------
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about???

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

tnchawk new
      #15604 - 07/30/03 11:33 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

It's great that you got to see your pal for some girl time!

It IS hard to get teaching jobs! I agree! I wish your hubby all the best of luck! Let us know how that goes!

*hugs*

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#15605 - 07/30/03 11:33 AM
britsarah

Reged: 02/16/03
Loc: United Kingdom

Ruchie,
If you think that's fast, wait 'til you hear this - I met my husband to be on my 19th Birthday, dumped my boyfriend the next day. We got engaged 10 days later and married a year to the day after we met, on my 20th Birthday - AND we had our daughter by then who was 10 weeks old - you figure out the math!!
They said it wouldn't last, and we're still ticking along quite nicely...

--------------------
Sarah

Looking for inspiration...

Re: tnchawk new
      #15606 - 07/30/03 11:34 AM
tnchawk

Thanks Ruchie...You are always such a strong positive spirit for us. I appreciate the support. I will kepp you guys posted!

Christianne

--------------------

#15607 - 07/30/03 11:38 AM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

Wow Ruchie, we have similar stories. I got engaged Oct 2002 and broke it off Feb 2003 to someone who wasn't right for me (we had major religious differences). After a year of being single (though my mom put the bug in my ear about my bf -- she knows him from work) I went out on a date with him, a week later he fell in love with me (told me this later), two weeks later we both said the Big L-word to each other, and I've all but practically moved in. We even have our little ankle-biters named already. We're getting engaged this year, sometime, actually, in the next coupla months or so.

I never knew that I could be so sure so quickly. I would have said yes after two weeks also! I called my mom and told her that I was marrying him. She was like "ok, jules" but I didn't think that she believed me. I just knew! and so did he! He wasn't planning on getting married at all (he's 31) because of his past relationships and how he got along with women. We're best friends, and that's what makes the difference. He's also been incredible through all this IBS-crap.

Actually we have the funniest I Love You story. It was two weeks after our first date, and we had gone out bar-hopping with my sister and her bf. My bf ended up driving us home, and while heading down the freeway, he goes into this whole "I know that I probably shouldn't be saying this, but it's what I feel... Although I know it's way early...blah, etc., blah" spiel. I froze, completely knowing what was coming. Then, he said it. "I love you Jules". Mind you, my sister and her bf were in the back seat (though I think that they were making out). I had had a coupla drinks and just sat there in shock after he had said it. This is where we have different opinions on what happened next.

He said that I looked at him, said "awwww" and patted his leg. I like to think that I was a little more tactful, and mumbled something like, "that's so sweet", but he tells it to people the way he thought he heard it. Anyway, we rode in the car in silence until we reached the grocery store (needed more beer). I grabbed my sister and hauled her down the bread aisle and told here everything. She was shocked (in a happy way).

Later that night, I got to talk to bf alone (I still tell him he's a dorkwad for telling me that in front of other people) and told him that he had been drinking and that his judgement was a little off. If he remembered and still felt the same way the next morning, then I would believe him.

Well, of course he remembered and of course he felt the same way. It took a while for me to say it -- about 20 minutes or so -- but here we are, stronger than ever!

Sorry for the novel!

~Jules

--------------------
~jules

#15610 - 07/30/03 11:47 AM
Snow for Sarala

Wow! That's awesome! My hubby and I got married after knowing each other 7.5 months...I wish it'd been sooner (but I guess it doesn't matter now that we're married, right?)

I love relationship stories!!!!

*hugs*

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#15612 - 07/30/03 11:59 AM
Snow for Sarala

That is SO CUTE!!!!!!!!

After two weeks I wanted my hubby to ask me to marry him. He waited--and waited--and waited...he flew on the plane to meet my folks (I was in my last year of college...this was winter break), and I thought FOR SURE he would ask me then (it would have been like a month and a half then). We went to Disney for a day--he'd never been--and I thought he would ask me there. When he was leaving me and my fam, he told me to start looking at wedding magazines. So my mom and Grammy and I went shopping for a wedding dress--even though he hadn't proposed yet! When he got back from meeting my fam, he bought my engagement ring. I had NO idea he'd done this! About a month later he wakes me up at like 4:30am and says "Get up, we're going on a surprise adventure!" We met up and he took me for a ride.

Get this: It was Valentine's Day. He figured as a joke, (we're Jewish, so we don't celebrate V-day), he would have me thinking it was the surprise I'd been asking him for (I'd been begging him for some to surprise me). The whole ride I was thinking "I wish he'd ask me to marry him. But I know he won't...not yet. I'd know if it was coming. He's just doing the surprise I asked him for". So we ended up by the water. He gives me this poem about dancing through life together that he wrote. I'm still thinking to myself "Don't get your hopes up. You'd thought he was gonna ask you a million times before already...he's not, so don't even think about it!" Next, he takes out a black box. I didn't know what it was (I mean, I did...but I couldn't believe what was going on!) I opened it.

I didn't even care about the ring (the poor guy...he wanted me to love the ring...and I was so shocked I hardly looked at it!)

When I finally realized he was asking me to marry I cried and said "yes!"

He's the first person in the world who has ever been able to REALLY surprise me--that's one way I knew he was right for me!

sorry back for the novel

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#15614 - 07/30/03 12:02 PM
tnchawk

What a wonderful, romantic story. We should all be so lucky! ( Just kidding...my husband has his moments of romance; as rare as they are! )

--------------------

#15616 - 07/30/03 12:05 PM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

Aw!!! That's an awesome story! I love proposal stories! My first proposal was rather pathetic (I was going through the same line of thinking -- it is going to be tonight? this weekend?). We'd been dating for three and a half years, and I was starting to get really really impatient. I was asked to be his wife on a normal Saturday evening during half time of a football game. Horribly unromantic. I shoulda said no!

I'm really really hard to surprise also. I can always figure when something is up. Plus, bf doesn't take me out much any more because of my IBS. I'm really curious to see what he does! I'll let y'all know when that happens!

--------------------
~jules

#15617 - 07/30/03 12:07 PM
Snow for Sarala

Guys are all romantic in different ways. In the beginning guys want to impress us by being romantic. Once they "have us," many guys don't see the reason for it (logically). They don't understand that women want a flower that will die in a few days. We want them to go out and get it for us--taking care of us in a sense. They just don't get it--it doesnt' make sense to them. (Not ALL men, but many men). We really re from different planets! We're just so different!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 241 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 40112

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review