All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
Re: Is Ambien addicting? new
      #155455 - 03/01/05 02:31 PM
mindyj

Reged: 05/14/04
Loc: Northern Virginia

On Ambien:
Different people have different experiences with becoming addicitve - and it CAN become addictive for some. That is why the drug is on the DEA list of restricted materials. The most important thing with this drug is that you take it COMPLETELY within the guidelines of your doctor who has given you a prescription for the medicine.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Boost Mobile new
      #155457 - 03/01/05 02:34 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Oooh I found the Boost Mobile commercials, except they don't have the one I was talking about.

http://www.boostmobile.com/commercials.html

Check out the first one though! Just as funny.

--------------------
- Jennifer

Re: Tina, you're such a sweetheart!! new
      #155471 - 03/01/05 03:02 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

You're a cool chick too!

TMJ headaches are awful. I am convinced that they're borderline migraines. I get the nausea and and light sensitivity. The best thing that I've found is Excederin but it's not too gently on the tummy.

I will order a lifetime supply of those Chocolate fudge ripple cake pills. Hook me up Nelly!

So it's settled we're gal pals!

Re: Boost Mobile new
      #155541 - 03/01/05 05:49 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

OK, OK, we're cool. Defense. No problem!

~nelly~Peering out from behind a bush

TOO FUNNY!! new
      #155542 - 03/01/05 05:54 PM
Nelly

I'd never seen those before!!!!! LMBO!!!!

BF just called me "old" for using the term 5-0. Stoopid Gen Y-er. Told me I should go home and play with my Atari.

~nelly~

Re: Hey Ruchie new
      #155559 - 03/01/05 07:08 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

No I didn't...got your e-mail....will write asap *hugs*

Hope you feel great for now beth *hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Exactly! new
      #155574 - 03/01/05 08:36 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Hmmm, Now I know what's wrong with me AND I have a legit excuse! I too breezed through high school (no further due to choosing to have kids very young) without trying at all to get the straight A's I got and now I'm lucky if I can recall putting my wallet in the fridge (yes, I do this constantly and yes, I can NEVER find it). Pretty scary thought really. I'd be interested to know exactly how much someone's brain can shrink in a year when in chronic pain!

--------------------
Amy

Re: Beth new
      #155583 - 03/01/05 09:26 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

Ativan is an anti-anxiety type medication. This is what they give people who go into the ER after a terrible accident or such to calm them down. In the ER, Critical Care Unit, or Intensive Care Unit, they use this drug in extremely high doses to keep the patient calm (can't think of the word to use instead of calm) .

I have been seeing my Psychiatrist for about 6 years, he doesn't ever have to look back and read my chart before I come in, he remembers me. He does though, quite frequently look back to make sure he isn't giving me something that we have tried before and didn't agree with me. The dosage on the Ativan is so low that I do not ever worry about it, though it is addicting, and I am sure that I am addicted to it, but I hate not sleeping and if I do not take something, I will never ever go to sleep and that is a horrible feeling after a week or two. Let me tell ya !

Zanax, I hate it. So many DR's prescribe this stuff by the bottle full and never look back, what is going on with that? I think that these drug companies are making so much money on this stuff, and they give the DR's many gifts. I over heard my Allergy Doc telling one of his reps that he loved his trip to a FOREIGN COUNTRY ( that being another one that I cannot remember) criminy !!!!!! That really upsets me that I cannot use my vocabulary the way I would like, I cannot remember a thing !!!!

I hope you find something that agrees with you soon!

Re: Here again, MY AMBIEN ADDICTION
      #155584 - 03/01/05 09:38 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

It seems I have to learn from my own mistakes. Yes, I was addicted to Ambien, and I have many friends addicted to it. For one thing, I can't remember what it was doing to me when I decided I needed to get off of it. I probably did not even tell my doctor until after the dt's were over. My memory stinks, my h told me it would fry my brain, he was right! I did not know that this med was for short term usage, or, maybe I did and kept on taking it because I thought I was sleeping so good. I know I HATE THIS DRUG. What else can I say, .

Re: Here again, MY AMBIEN ADDICTION new
      #155685 - 03/02/05 07:16 AM
Nelly

Hey Gigi!! Thanks so much for posting this! It's so important to share Rx experiences, and I really appreciate the information. I'm the kind of person who gets every obscure drug side effect when I first take a new prescription!! So any drug warnings I can hear about addiction potential I take to heart!

BIG HUGS!!! So sorry you had to go through this!! I'm glad you can share your story so we can go into taking on a new Rx with our eyes wide open! (no pun on the Ambien!)

~nelly~

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 938 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 26116

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review