All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
Re: Is Ambien addicting? new
      #155399 - 03/01/05 01:04 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

This site: Ambien lists some withdrawl signs following abrupted discontinuation, but mentions that it's unclear if it reveals any clear evidence for withdrawal syndrome.

It also equates 40mg of Ambien to similar effects from 20mg of diazapam.

~nelly~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#155401 - 03/01/05 01:05 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I was told that you don't build up a tolerance, like you do to Xanax or Vicodin. I was told that you may expierence some "rebound" insomnia when you stop taking it. I was told that it was fine to take everynight. Because it works on only one particular section of the brain, the part the controls our sleep, it doesn't give you a buzz or anything like that. But, as mentioned, if you don't get the full 7-8 hours of rest after taking it, it can make you very groggy and forgetful. I find that I have no after effects at all. I've been on it about 6 weeks and have not noticed any side effects. I have been sleeping so well that I haven't wanted to go a night without it, so I take it every night. My dr said that was fine! She gave me three refills and told me to call her if it worked for me! Its so much easier to deal with "life" after you have had a good nights sleep!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#155402 - 03/01/05 01:07 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Excpet that Diazapan(Valium, similiar to Xanax) is a tranquiller and ambien is not! ambiens works on a different part of the brain.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#155404 - 03/01/05 01:11 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

You're absolutely right. I re-read my post and you're right, it does seem like I'm comparing the 2 medications. What I meant was to compare how patients perceived the effects of the 2 medications, not their chemical makeup, addictability, or how they react on the body.

Sorry. Ma fault.

~nelly~

Re: Tina, you're such a sweetheart!! new
      #155407 - 03/01/05 01:12 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Hey Nelly! We all like you here, you're so funny and witty! I always enjoy reading your posts!

I know you aren't suicidal. But if you take meds that play around with the chemistry in your brain you never know what can happen. I am very glad that your BF is by your side and is looking out for you! I know you're not a sad person, gosh no. Not you! I would still smack you even if it was because of something you took. You're a bright gal, I'm sure you have it under control.

I don't know much about RLS. I can imagine that's a big part of why you and your BF can't share a bed though. That's why my ex and I couldn't, my insomnia. But I have a theory that once I'm on my own that my sleep will improve. I'll be under less stress. And if not, who cares, I'll be living alone, just me and my cat!

Ya, I have taken out my mouth guard more times than I've kept it in. Who wants a piece of plastic in their mouth? No me! I broke it a few months back. It was an accident. I swear!!! Expensive accident. A new one will cost me $300.

TMJ sucks, huh! I find that mine comes on with stress. I find the best thing to help ease the pain is damp heat. I have never heard myself grind my teeth, either has the ex. I think I clench more than grind. You must have some massive headaches from that. That's what happens to me when my TMJ acts up.

If you ever come to Canada, let me know! I would love to meet you as well as some of the others on the board if there's another get together in the near future. Toronto is not too far away.

Nelly, I know you have some health issues that are real tough, feel free to email me anytime and I hope you can always keep your amazing sense of humour!

Big hugs!

Re: What does klonopin do? new
      #155408 - 03/01/05 01:16 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Quote:

Hmm, scoring pot. Do you know any teenagers? A really good way to find medicinal herb is to join a local support group. That's how my friend with cancer found some. She told me people were actually offering it to her after group, and they were openly price-comparing. Amazing to me.

LOL I have to go to a support group meeting for either narcotics, alcohol, or cocaine users for a class assignment. I'm currently taking a class called Drugs and Narcotics and my teacher said that there's only 3 reasons someone goes to a support group meeting: 1) the court forced them to as part of their sentance; 2) they voluntarily went; or 3) they're new in town and want to find out where the local dealers are.

This thread is actually helping me a lot because we learned about what exactly these drugs do to your body and the signs of addiction and withdrawl, so you guys are actually helping me study in a weird round-about way! Thanks

--------------------
- Jennifer

Re: My Klonopin Addiction...... new
      #155409 - 03/01/05 01:16 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

How much were you taking?
Is Ativan a prescription drug? If it is my doc isn't going to give it to me. He'd rather give me klonopin for anxiety. I don't know if I should get this drug refilled. Did you wean yourself off of it or do it slowly.

This may explain why I forget that pots are on the stove, where I just put something, why I've lost my saving account book 3 times in one month.

Also why when I ran out for a few weeks, I was crying all the time. I stopped the lexapro at the same time so just figured it was because of that. Perhaps not??

Thanks for sharing your experience. I am very leery about this drug. I have always heard such good things about it and this is the third doctor who has put me on this drug. So I figured if three doctors chose this drug, it must be safe. And I really trust this last doc as he is a psychiatrist as well and an internist.

Hmmm, what to do. My anxiety is a huge issue for me and my IBS. I am in a quandry. Wow, I can't believe I remembered the word I wanted to use. I usually have a hard time coming out with the word I am searching for.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Yes that was the one thing I forgot! new
      #155411 - 03/01/05 01:19 PM
Augie

I have this too!!!! People will be talking about a movie that I know I have seen and I can't even remember what the movie was even about!!

Perhaps I don't have fibro fog, just klonopin fog!

--------------------
~ Beth

Jennifer Rose
      #155413 - 03/01/05 01:20 PM
Augie

What are you going to school for?

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: Jennifer Rose
      #155414 - 03/01/05 01:22 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Quote:

What are you going to school for?

Justice Studies.. I wanna be a criminal law clerk.

--------------------
- Jennifer

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1333 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 26117

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review