All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
Re: Linz, Valerian.. new
      #156093 - 03/02/05 07:46 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

Linz, just wondering, have you read anything about the Valerian interacting with other meds? Thanks.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Is Ambien addicting? Michele..... new
      #156095 - 03/02/05 07:56 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

I know you have been through so much this last year. To tell you the truth, I wouldn't be sleeping if it were me in the same position. It sounds like you have educated yourself well , and are prepared to deal with any problems should they crop up. Good for you!

My best friend has an addictive behavior also, she is taking the Ambien on an as needed basis. It has to be a really bad sleeping situation for her to take it. She knows everything I went through and she helped me so much.

I will be thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers. Take care honey!

Re: Linz, Valerian.. new
      #156164 - 03/03/05 01:58 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Nope, not yet! Hopefully I won't as it seems to be having a good effect.

Valerian new
      #156182 - 03/03/05 03:01 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

My supplement dose (I take 2 tablets) is 600mg of dried standardised Valerian, equivalent to 3.6g of fresh root.

Re: Nelly girl.... new
      #156260 - 03/03/05 07:15 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Addiction is so not your fault! You're so right, it does happen to the best of us! And the more I live the more I see that for all our human similarities, the different brain chemistries we all have! Although the funny part is that all of our experiences in life are very much the same in the end! At the end of it all, any life experience that gives me empathy is totally worth it.

LOL! I just had to laugh at the "running around her house with her arms flailing in the air from some medication" reference!! Hey, I resemble that remark!! Sometimes we all just have to laugh at each other!! Keeps us all sane, you know!!!!

~nelly~ I like you too, Gigi!

Re: Do you take ambien, mindyj?-nt new
      #156262 - 03/03/05 07:17 AM
mindyj

Reged: 05/14/04
Loc: Northern Virginia

Hi Beth.
I have taken Ambien, but only a few times when I was travelling and needed it to readjust my sleep schedule in strange places ( like trains, planes and hotel rooms in third world countries). It works - knocks you out no matter what the circumstances! But I know it can be adictive, so I only take it under those sorts of abnormal circumstances, and I'm always in consultation with my doctor about it.

Re: I HATE that drug!!! new
      #156323 - 03/03/05 08:26 AM
debraruggieri

Reged: 02/28/05

i am new to you guys. and my husband needs serious help breaking the cycle of ibs and what triggers it. i need to ask a question here. is there anybody out there who has ibs with upper gi symptoms. he has severe upper abd./stomach pain and vomiting to the point he's straining to throw his insides out. it's hard to believe that anything this severe can't be helped . i know from his dr. since he is newly diagnosed from vanderbilt there is no cure but my husband is having a serious time accepting this is his prob. even though all the proper tests have been done. he is in misery and i'm affraid he's going to give up. noone should have to live this way. if it weren't true you'd think you were in a nightmare. please somebody shed some light on how he can stop an attack once it's started... it takes him days and a trip to the er sometimes. he is now on meds like reglan, librax, and elavil at night. you know, my husband and i are both nurses but everything went out the door as far as anything that made since anymore when it come to this irritable bowel syndrome... you'd think with all of their technology that they could find something to really help. it's seriously disheartening when you can't even help the one you love. all the knowledge in the world don't seem to help at this point. nothing is calming it down. i've read all the info. from heather and you guys and it is very helpful and i try to believe there is help but nothing is helping right now... i have heathers book "eating for ibs" and am waiting for the other book to arrive "the first year" and hope it has a lot of help... if anyone out there has his kind of ibs please let me know how you deal with it and if there is real hope.... my husband thinks this is how he will die. he is 46 years old..... please help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • need help fast

• Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
    0 registered and 425 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
          You cannot post until you login
          You cannot reply until you login
          HTML is enabled
          UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 26113

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review