All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
RUCHIE -- POST A PIC
      #15346 - 07/29/03 06:19 AM
RLU

Reged: 02/04/03
Loc: Jackson, Mississippi

Ok Ruchie- now that we know what Jules looks like, you need to post a pic as well!!! I have seen you all over the boards and read a lot of your posts since I am IBS-C as well.

Hugs -- RLU (Rhonda)

--------------------
Screen Name: Nan275

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: RUCHIE -- POST A PIC new
      #15351 - 07/29/03 06:36 AM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

You too you too!!!

--------------------
~jules

#15406 - 07/29/03 12:37 PM
britsarah

Reged: 02/16/03
Loc: United Kingdom

I second that! It's great seeing what people look like when you are sharing thoughts and ideas with them - even if we have to guess what you look like now - JULES!!
BTW, I look nothing like my picture, I look much better in real life - I hope LOL!

--------------------
Sarah

Looking for inspiration...

#15411 - 07/29/03 12:41 PM
jules

ok sarah, check this out!

www.lookitjules.freewebspace.com

--------------------
~jules

Re: RUCHIE -- POST A PIC Jules new
      #15421 - 07/29/03 12:57 PM
britsarah

Cool! Thanks for the link, you were very cute as a tot, and I can see how gorgeous you look now too. BTW love the hair - I'm thinking of chopping all mine off, especially now it's warm weather.

--------------------
Sarah

I'd Latch on to that Guy Too! ---nt-- new
      #15426 - 07/29/03 01:04 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Re: I'd Latch on to that Guy Too! ---nt-- new
      #15431 - 07/29/03 01:13 PM
jules

I've permanently latched on to him...he's not getting away!!

Sarah, go for it with the hair thing if you (and your stylist) can pull it off. I chopped mine off my sophomore year in college and it hasn't gotten longer than my chin since. I think it suits me, and it's so easy to do! That's the best part! If you do it, you better post!

--------------------
~jules

Re: I'd Latch on to that Guy Too! ---nt-- new
      #15438 - 07/29/03 01:46 PM
RLU

I second that Sarah. I want to see the new "do" if you do it. I don't have a home computer but you can see me at www.addisonphotos.com go to Photo Gallery/People/Women and I'm Rhonda!!! come on Ruchie, your turn, ante up!!!

--------------------

Beautiful photos Rhonda! -nt- new
      #15440 - 07/29/03 02:16 PM
britsarah

--------------------
Sarah

Re: Beautiful photos Rhonda! -nt- new
      #15448 - 07/29/03 02:53 PM
BL

Wow! Those are great photos. And to think I was thinking of posting my photo. Not anymore!

Rhonda new
      #15450 - 07/29/03 03:00 PM
BL

A Southern gal, I see. I moved to Charlotte from Baton Rouge. I feel like I'm way "up north" here. This is the furthest north I've ever lived! I've been through Jackson many times. Much cooler here, although all the transplanted Northeasterners complain about the heat all the time and it just cracks me up. They don't know what humid weather is like. They need to visit New Orleans in the summertime.

Re: it IS hot up here!! new
      #15487 - 07/29/03 09:17 PM
Josie

Reged: 03/28/03
Loc: Boston

Hey--I am a Northeasterner (grew up in Vermont and now live near Boston) and I think that if you start sweating when you step out of the shower and feel like you need to take another one, that qualifies as hot and humid! Given I have never been to New Orleans in the summer, It doesn't sound like I want to...I hate the humidity and don't understand the people who thrive on it!

I am not saying that 40 degrees below zero wind chill and 4 feet of snow is fun (winter in Vermont...not for the faint of heart!!) but somewhere in the middle is perfect for me!

Have you traveled "way up here" ? I have driven down the east coast to Florida, but never visited much of the south. I imagine its kinda like two different countries...but would love to hear from someone who has lived in New England and down south...

--------------------
Be not afraid of going slowly; be afraid only of standing still. -- Chinese proverb

Re: it IS hot up here!! new
      #15506 - 07/30/03 06:13 AM
BL

Sorry, didn't mean to offend all the Northeasterners! It's just that since I moved to Charlotte, that's all I hear from them is the whining about how hot the weather is. When you're outside in the summertime at noon watering your flowers and you're not even sweating and there's a breeze, heck, that would be considered "fall" weather to me! I've been in south Louisiana and Texas too many years. I didn't even own a coat there and only had two sweaters that I had only worn a couple of times. We used to go to the LSU football games in the fall, and by the time we walked from our car to the stadium, my clothes, including my underwear, would be drenched in sweat, my hair would be wet, and forget the makeup, it was running down my face! Here I don't have to change clothes 3 times a day in the summertime.
I have never been "up North," but would love to and probably will as soon as I get my boys out of high school in several years. I know I couldn't stand the winters there. I about died this past winter here, when we had a huge ice storm and lost our electricity for 4 days. I had never been so COLD in all of my life! Brrrr! Four inches of snow was a lot for me, so no, four feet, I know I couldn't handle. My son won't even consider the universities in the northern part of North Carolina because he says it's too cold there. So I guess we're wimps when it comes to the cold weather. It's just whatever you're used to.

a New Englander's perspective on weather new
      #15510 - 07/30/03 06:31 AM
artist

Reged: 05/28/03

I am a born and bred New Englander (Massachusetts)! Just to let everyone know... that is what we do- complain about the weather! It is like a sport, a pastime. We are never happy. When it is hot we complain, when it is cold we complain. We wait all the VERY long, dark, COLD winter for warmth and sun to arrive. When it does, we complain it is too hot. No kidding. The reason is, the temperature changes are so dramatic here from one season to the next. Our winter can be 10 degrees below zero and our summer can be 100 degrees. By the time our bodies ajust to the heat, IT IS COLD AGAIN. So... we complain. The weather is a constant topic of conversation, mostly because it is so unpredictable. But when the planets align and all is right in the universe, we have the perfect day. No one appreciates and savors this more than a New Englander. I would never live anywhere else! artist

Re: Rhonda new
      #15521 - 07/30/03 07:01 AM
RLU

Hey beaglelover!!! I see your a southern belle too and you better post that pic!!!! I have family in Kenner/Metarie so I am in New Orleans all the time. You don't know what heat is until you've been in New Orleeans in the summertime. By the way I read you are a writer, so I am. Currently taking a course with the Institute of Children's Lit. We'll have to talk shop sometime!!

--------------------

#15522 - 07/30/03 07:03 AM
RLU

Thanks so much!!! Glad to start putting faces with everyone on the board!!! We have to get beaglelover and Artist on here too!!

--------------------

#15535 - 07/30/03 07:53 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Are you writing and Children's book? I taught kindergarten this year!

-<3-
Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#15541 - 07/30/03 08:26 AM
britsarah

It was a great surprise to see your picture up - finally! You look great although for some reason I pictured you as a blonde - you know how you imagine people from what they sound like or in our case, what you post like.
It'll be lovely now to know who I'm chatting with - are you feeling better today? Did you get to Macy's, and what did you get?

--------------------
Sarah

#15545 - 07/30/03 08:55 AM
Snow for Sarala

I actually do have blonde hair...dark blonde. When I was a babe I had platinum blonde hair...it got darker as I got older! So you weren't far off!

I made it Macy's after taking the Pepto. I couldn't decide on what I wanted, so I'm gonna keep looking! I'll let you know when I find what I'm looking for...it's very exciting! I had no idea my hubby wanted to buy a piece of jewelry for our 1 year anniversary...I'm very excited!

Thanks for asking! How are you doing? I bet good with your Florida vaca coming up!

*hugs*

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#15549 - 07/30/03 09:05 AM
britsarah

Can't wait!
My husband has taken this week off as well so we're taking our time getting everything ready. He has 4 weeks off work in total which he needs because he NEVER takes his time off and is really exhausted. We keep panicking about how much money to bring though and changing more into dollars - what the heck, we want to enjoy ourselves, we'll worry about the debts afterwards

--------------------
Sarah

Re: a New Englander's perspective on weather new
      #15573 - 07/30/03 10:23 AM
BL

I loved your explanation. So that's what it is----a sport, a pastime! And I thought it was just because they didn't like Charlotte. The only problem is they whine about everything. It's not just the weather they don't like. The schools, the shopping, the traffic, the restaurants, nothing is good enough for them. They even started a big ruckus last year because none of them liked the bread at the local grocery store. The bread, mine you! It wasn't what they were used to "up north." So now we have different bread. When will it stop? And they wonder why people here are not friendly to them. Maybe they need to stop complaining so much. I think Charlotte is a beautiful place. I'm not complaining! Sorry, didn't mean to get on my soapbox, but I needed to get that off my chest.

#15576 - 07/30/03 10:28 AM
BL

Not after everyone has revealed how young they are. I'm a 44-year-old housewife whose body is beginning to fall apart. Maybe I could post of photo of my two cute beagles, Mulligan and Bitsy. Now, they are adorable!

#15580 - 07/30/03 10:32 AM
Snow for Sarala

Age is only a number--it's how you feel inside that counts! Honest!

My mom and her cousin, my Aunt Susan, are 50. (Shhh, don't tell them I told you their age!) They are GORGEOUS and young looking...because they're both young at heart! They don't look a day over 30!

I'm sure you're very pretty...I hope you'll consider sharing with us (and if not, that's ok too! Whatever you're comfortable with!) I had no idea you were 44 until you told us btw!!

*hugs*

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#15587 - 07/30/03 10:38 AM
BL

Cool! Another writer. I have worked as a reporter for a daily newspaper (writing and taking photographs), as a public relations coordinator for a technical school, as a high school journalism teacher, and was even brave enough to teach preschool, kindergarten and first grade. Now, I'm decorating friends' houses, along with my own. (It's that bipolar thing. I have to jump from one thing to another or I'm not happy.) If you want to read one of my recent stories, you can go to www.tribeagles.org and look up the summer newsletter. I wrote a story there about our foster beagle, Bitsy. You won't see my photograph, but can see how darling Bitsy is!
Also, one of my sisters lives in Old Metairie, off Hollywood Blvd. She is coming to Charlotte next week to visit me for the first time. I'm a little embarrassed to admit this, but she and I are going to the American Idol concert to see Clay Aiken. Can you imagine that? Two middle-aged women swooning over a teeny-bopper. My mom thinks this is hilarious, but the two of us watched the show from the beginning and got hooked on it.

#15589 - 07/30/03 10:39 AM
BL

Funny how us IBS'ers have so much in common.

#15595 - 07/30/03 10:49 AM
Josie

Ok, so complaining about bread is silly, I agree! I do think that all of it depends on what you are used to. If you grow up in one part of the country and get transferred somewhere else that you don't want to be, I can see people being less able or willing to quietly adjust. If you move there by choice, then you should find out what you are getting in to first!

I guess each region of the country has their own way of doing things and sterotypes of the other parts, we all just have to make lemaonade outta the lemons we are handed, be it weather, bread or IBS. I am sure you wouldn't trade the South for anything as we wouldn't trade the North for anything (well, I could go for a little milder winter..lol). Sorry all the people from the northeast bother you so much...

--------------------
Be not afraid of going slowly; be afraid only of standing still. -- Chinese proverb

You are in MA, me too! new
      #15597 - 07/30/03 10:52 AM
Josie

Artist--Where in MA are you? I am about 45 mins west of Boston (Marlborough). I work in Concord at Emerson hosital, my husband works on the North Shore as a paramedic...

--------------------

Attn. Ruchie new
      #15598 - 07/30/03 11:04 AM
britsarah

Ruchie,
Whereabouts on the East Coast are you? (if you don't mind me asking). My husband is off work and was reading posts over my shoulder, I told him about your picture being on the board now, and he was being nosy asking about you... I take it your not as far down as Florida

--------------------
Sarah

Re: You are in MA, me too! new
      #15631 - 07/30/03 12:36 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

My aunt and uncle live in Concord!! We were suppose to go there on Friday but we couldn't. My parents will be visiting them for till Saturday and then it is off to Maine. I love it up there. I can't wait to visit again.

#15683 - 07/30/03 03:47 PM
artist

I think josie is absolutely right. When people grow up in a specific region, they tend to be very loyal to that area. It feels like "home" to them. When they are not "home" for whatever reason, nothing feels right. It is like when you were a kid and stayed over a friends house. Their mom's spaghetti just didn't taste right and their sheets were scratchy.
I happen to be from Western MA, Belchertown. (THERE WILL BE ABSOLUTELY NO IBS JOKES ABOUT THE NAME OF MY TOWN. Yes, I am aware it says "belcher" in the name. My kindergarten students giggled about this daily. Nothing is funnier to 5 year olds than burps or poops.) We also have a summer place in Wells, ME. artist

Artist, are you serious? new
      #15684 - 07/30/03 04:32 PM
BL

Belchertown? There really is a town named Belchertown? That's so funny!

Re: Artist, are you serious? new
      #15687 - 07/30/03 04:47 PM
artist

Yes, ok make fun. Just get it over with. It is the most wonderful community in the world, I guess is makes up for the name. artist

#15741 - 07/31/03 06:55 AM
RLU

I am taking a children's writing course, working with an already published author as my teacher. Hopefully I will be published by year's end!!! Kudos to you for teaching. I admire someone that has that stamina. Teaching is not my gift and I am always amazed by people who can!!!

--------------------

#15742 - 07/31/03 07:00 AM
RLU

I can't wait to check out the article and Bitsy. Do you have an email address? I have a contest story I would love for you to review before I enter it. Love to have feedback from a professional!!! Ruchie is right age is only a number your as young as you feel. I'm 34 heading fast toward the 35 mark. I think you and your sister are hip and cool for going!!! It really is funny how much some of us have in common.

--------------------

#15746 - 07/31/03 07:21 AM
Snow for Sarala

That's so great! I admire people that finish their writing projects...I'm also a writer and the only thing I finish are poems!!!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#15747 - 07/31/03 07:25 AM
Josie

Small world! How long does it usually take you to get to concord from NY? It is only about 20 mins from me.

--------------------

#15891 - 08/01/03 05:40 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

It always took us about 8 hours with the stops. I haven't been there in four years. We took Madeline when she was 16 months old. I found out I was pregant with our second when we got back. It was a happy time. I love MA and ME.

#15965 - 08/01/03 10:14 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Actually - funny coincidence - nothing is funnier to men than belches and poops too.

Funny how we make a full circle in maturity LOL.

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 189 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10676

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review