All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: a New Englander's perspective on weather new
      #15573 - 07/30/03 10:23 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

I loved your explanation. So that's what it is----a sport, a pastime! And I thought it was just because they didn't like Charlotte. The only problem is they whine about everything. It's not just the weather they don't like. The schools, the shopping, the traffic, the restaurants, nothing is good enough for them. They even started a big ruckus last year because none of them liked the bread at the local grocery store. The bread, mine you! It wasn't what they were used to "up north." So now we have different bread. When will it stop? And they wonder why people here are not friendly to them. Maybe they need to stop complaining so much. I think Charlotte is a beautiful place. I'm not complaining! Sorry, didn't mean to get on my soapbox, but I needed to get that off my chest.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Beautiful photos Rhonda! -nt- new
      #15576 - 07/30/03 10:28 AM
BL

Not after everyone has revealed how young they are. I'm a 44-year-old housewife whose body is beginning to fall apart. Maybe I could post of photo of my two cute beagles, Mulligan and Bitsy. Now, they are adorable!

Re: Beautiful photos Rhonda! -nt- new
      #15580 - 07/30/03 10:32 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Age is only a number--it's how you feel inside that counts! Honest!

My mom and her cousin, my Aunt Susan, are 50. (Shhh, don't tell them I told you their age!) They are GORGEOUS and young looking...because they're both young at heart! They don't look a day over 30!

I'm sure you're very pretty...I hope you'll consider sharing with us (and if not, that's ok too! Whatever you're comfortable with!) I had no idea you were 44 until you told us btw!!

*hugs*

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Rhonda new
      #15587 - 07/30/03 10:38 AM
BL

Cool! Another writer. I have worked as a reporter for a daily newspaper (writing and taking photographs), as a public relations coordinator for a technical school, as a high school journalism teacher, and was even brave enough to teach preschool, kindergarten and first grade. Now, I'm decorating friends' houses, along with my own. (It's that bipolar thing. I have to jump from one thing to another or I'm not happy.) If you want to read one of my recent stories, you can go to www.tribeagles.org and look up the summer newsletter. I wrote a story there about our foster beagle, Bitsy. You won't see my photograph, but can see how darling Bitsy is!
Also, one of my sisters lives in Old Metairie, off Hollywood Blvd. She is coming to Charlotte next week to visit me for the first time. I'm a little embarrassed to admit this, but she and I are going to the American Idol concert to see Clay Aiken. Can you imagine that? Two middle-aged women swooning over a teeny-bopper. My mom thinks this is hilarious, but the two of us watched the show from the beginning and got hooked on it.

Re: Rhonda new
      #15589 - 07/30/03 10:39 AM
BL

Funny how us IBS'ers have so much in common.

#15595 - 07/30/03 10:49 AM
Josie

Reged: 03/28/03
Loc: Boston

Ok, so complaining about bread is silly, I agree! I do think that all of it depends on what you are used to. If you grow up in one part of the country and get transferred somewhere else that you don't want to be, I can see people being less able or willing to quietly adjust. If you move there by choice, then you should find out what you are getting in to first!

I guess each region of the country has their own way of doing things and sterotypes of the other parts, we all just have to make lemaonade outta the lemons we are handed, be it weather, bread or IBS. I am sure you wouldn't trade the South for anything as we wouldn't trade the North for anything (well, I could go for a little milder winter..lol). Sorry all the people from the northeast bother you so much...

--------------------
Be not afraid of going slowly; be afraid only of standing still. -- Chinese proverb

You are in MA, me too! new
      #15597 - 07/30/03 10:52 AM
Josie

Reged: 03/28/03
Loc: Boston

Artist--Where in MA are you? I am about 45 mins west of Boston (Marlborough). I work in Concord at Emerson hosital, my husband works on the North Shore as a paramedic...

--------------------
Be not afraid of going slowly; be afraid only of standing still. -- Chinese proverb

Attn. Ruchie new
      #15598 - 07/30/03 11:04 AM
britsarah

Reged: 02/16/03
Loc: United Kingdom

Ruchie,
Whereabouts on the East Coast are you? (if you don't mind me asking). My husband is off work and was reading posts over my shoulder, I told him about your picture being on the board now, and he was being nosy asking about you... I take it your not as far down as Florida

--------------------
Sarah

Looking for inspiration...

Re: You are in MA, me too! new
      #15631 - 07/30/03 12:36 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

My aunt and uncle live in Concord!! We were suppose to go there on Friday but we couldn't. My parents will be visiting them for till Saturday and then it is off to Maine. I love it up there. I can't wait to visit again.

#15683 - 07/30/03 03:47 PM
artist

Reged: 05/28/03

I think josie is absolutely right. When people grow up in a specific region, they tend to be very loyal to that area. It feels like "home" to them. When they are not "home" for whatever reason, nothing feels right. It is like when you were a kid and stayed over a friends house. Their mom's spaghetti just didn't taste right and their sheets were scratchy.
I happen to be from Western MA, Belchertown. (THERE WILL BE ABSOLUTELY NO IBS JOKES ABOUT THE NAME OF MY TOWN. Yes, I am aware it says "belcher" in the name. My kindergarten students giggled about this daily. Nothing is funnier to 5 year olds than burps or poops.) We also have a summer place in Wells, ME. artist

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 498 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10703

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review