All Boards >> The Living Room

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Forget "Friends"
      #15245 - 07/28/03 02:56 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

I guess I'm telling my age, but I just don't get "Friends." You guys much be much younger than me. The show was funny when it first came on, but it's just not cute anymore. The characters need to get a life, as far as I'm concerned. They ramble on and on about the same ol' thing every week!
Now "Everybody Loves Raymond"----that I could watch every night, and sometimes I do watch it twice in one day. That "thing" between the married couple, his brother, the in-laws, and the funny parenting stories have me rolling on the floor laughing. Did anyone see the Halloween episode where the father-in-law accidentally put condoms in the bags of the kids that came to Ray and Deborah's door? What about the episode where Deborah had bad PMS and she kept screaming "I don't have a problem with my hormones" as she threw things and yelled. Also, the show where Raymond had to bring snacks to their kid's soccer game---that was a hoot! Anybody else addicted to "Everybody Loves Raymond?"

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Forget "Friends" new
      #15302 - 07/28/03 08:59 PM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

I love Everybody Loves Raymond!!!
It comes on Monday nights and usually I miss those, because I'm putting my kids to bed. But...I love watching the reruns at 10:30p.m.

#15308 - 07/28/03 11:15 PM
Josie

Reged: 03/28/03
Loc: Boston

Well, I am 20-something and love friends. In fact, the whole Thursday line up is great. But I would have to go to ER as one of favs! Although I am a MA going for my RN and my husband is a paramedic so we pick up on the silly errors, I still don't miss an episode. I really love Raymond too. I think that for us women who are married, we all can see a bit of our mom-in-law in "Marie" and a bit of the Ray male moron mentality on our husbands (no mater how much we love them). I think the shows that you can relate to are the ones that crack you up the most. It also makes me thankful that my in-laws are not THAT bad! Thank goodness for comedies, cause as they say, 'Laughter is the best medicine" and we all need a few doses to make it through our day. Do you ever watch "Whose Line Is It, Anyways", that always get me laughing hysterically.

Happy laughing,
johanna

--------------------
Be not afraid of going slowly; be afraid only of standing still. -- Chinese proverb

#15329 - 07/29/03 04:45 AM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

I love Everybody Loves Raymond too! I'm 25, not that young! I love watching the reruns every night. I also love Thursday night TV, Scrubs is quickly becoming a favorite!!

--------------------
~jules

#15331 - 07/29/03 05:02 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I used to love Whose Line...the original though. With the English man...on Comedy Central. Too funny!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Ok, Jules.... new
      #15338 - 07/29/03 05:52 AM
BL

You are going to think I'm ancient. I just turned 44, so technically, I am old enough to be your mother. Ohhh, that's a scary thought! (not that you could be my daughter, just that I could have a daughter that's 25). I have 2 teenage sons, so heck, I could use a daughter around here.

You crack me up saying "I'm only 25!" That's a baby.
I will tell you that I was at the grocery store the other day and the young man (teenager) checking me out made my day. I laughed and told him I was spending some of my birthday money on groceries. He wanted to know why anyone would do that. I told him, "Well, when you get to be 44, that's just the way it goes, I guess." He said, "Ma'm, you don't look 44 years old!" I thought I was going to kiss him. That sweet young thing didn't just make my day, he made my year. Ha! Of course, when I told my boys this story, they rolled their eyes and said, "Mom, I'm sure he was just trying to be nice. He probably wanted a tip." Boy, they sure know how to burst a girl's bubble. So I obsessed about whether the kid was wanting a tip, then realized, unlike a waiter, he can't accept a tip at the grocery store. So, hey, a woman can BELIEVE he meant it. Huh?

#15339 - 07/29/03 05:56 AM
BL

Ok, maybe there's not this generation gap afterall, because I also love "ER" and "Whose Line Is It?" While on vacation, my parents, sister, brother-in-law, my hubby and I watched "Whose Line is It Anyway?" and got into a big discussion (argument) afterwards about whether the things they do on that show are really impromptu or are they planned out in advance. What do you guys think? Notice I'm holding off here telling you which side of the fence I'm on. I want to hear your comments on this!

#15354 - 07/29/03 07:06 AM
tnchawk

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: New Ken, PA

See, now I am a die-hard Friends fan. My husband bought me the trivia game for Christmas and called me a "geek" when I got almost all the answers right...that is pretty sad now that I think about it. Anyway, I like Raymond, etc. but another one of my faves is According to Jim...it is pretty funny. And, my Saturday night date with Ty Pennington on "Trading Spaces... " Can't ever miss that!

Christianne

--------------------
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about???

#15364 - 07/29/03 09:19 AM
berky

Reged: 06/26/03
Loc: New York state

I LOVE 'Everybody Loves Raymond!'- both those episodes you mentioned were hysterical! ( I noticed my husband kept giving me significant glances during the PMS episode...hmmmm, wonder why??:) )
The other episode I saw recently that cracked me up was when Marie changes the label on the herb needed to teach Deborah how to make her meatball recipe-classic!!

--------------------
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." ~ Groucho Marx

#15368 - 07/29/03 09:36 AM
vcarson

Reged: 06/23/03
Loc: Alabama

I read that Whose LIne is totally impromtu. So sayeth Drew Carry, anyway. The folks on there have to be EXTREMELY talented!
valerie

Whose Line Is It? new
      #15428 - 07/29/03 01:09 PM
BL

Ok, am I naive or what? My family thinks that all of the material on "Whose Line is It?" is planned in advance and I don't. We had this huge argument when I was at their house over the Fourth of July and we watched the show together. They just don't believe anyone could make up that stuff without some advance preparation. They laughed at me and told me I was so naive. Gosh, if this is true, then I've been a fool. But I believe that's the whole point of the show. What do you guys think?

Re: Whose Line Is It? new
      #15433 - 07/29/03 01:17 PM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

I think that the cast is incredibly talented, and some of the skits (especially after working in an audience member's suggestion) have to be improv. Have to be!! Unless they have a plant in the audience and Drew takes his cue from him.

It's funny, but I never really got into the show. I like the old bald guy, though. He's my fave.

I also love the Food Channel (ok, so it's not a sit-com). I could sit in front of that channel for hours. Drives my bf bonkers! He's always saying "Why do you watch that show? You can't eat any of it and it's just tempting you."

I'm obsessed!

--------------------
~jules

I'm Addicted to HGTV (among other things!) new
      #15434 - 07/29/03 01:24 PM
BL

Anybody else addicted to Home and Garden Television. Even my husband will now sit and watch it with me. I love decorating! They make it look so easy, and then I go to Home Depot or Lowe's to get the stuff for the project, and can't figure it out. Go figure! They need a show called "Decorating for Idiots." Ha!
My two teenage boys kid me about watching it, but obviously, one of them has been watching it with me too much. One day I returned a throw pillow to Steinmart. When the saleslady asked me if there was anything wrong with it, my 16-year-old son said, "It just wasn't enough texture!" He was just making fun of me, but heck, the lady sure was impressed that he would say something like that. (This is my macho sports-enthusiast son who would never admit to his friends that he ever said that.)

Re: Josie new
      #15439 - 07/29/03 02:13 PM
BarbaraS

Have you started your RN program? How long will it take since you already are MA?
I've been accepted for the RN program in my area and have to wait until Jan. 2005 to start. If the govt. in WI can agree on a new budget I'll beable to start Fall 2004.
Right now I'm getting Chemistry, A&P, and microbiology out of the way. Hate to take those classes along with my nusring courses.

#15479 - 07/29/03 07:13 PM
berky

Reged: 06/26/03
Loc: New York state

I read in the paper that the cast rehearses some of the games they'll be playing during the week, but do not know the characters, skits, song suggestions, etc. till they are doing the actual show live. I think they are AMAZING! LOOOOVVVE Wayne Brady and Colin Mochrie!

--------------------
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." ~ Groucho Marx

Re: Nursing School new
      #15485 - 07/29/03 08:56 PM
Josie

Reged: 03/28/03
Loc: Boston

Hi there--The only thing that transfers from my medical assisting program is A+P, which is nice cause it is 4 credit class but..The way my school breaks up A+P 1 and 2 is half the body systems in 1 and the other half in 2. So I feel like I would be short-changing myself if I don't take both.

I am lucky that I took a lot of gen ed classes before I got into medical assisting, so those help. I am just finishing Chem now (Thursday is my final) as it the one pre-req to get into the program. I think I will be starting in Fall '04. Seems like forever away. Until then, I will take what classes I can to make the load lighter when I get to those 16 credit nursing classes! I have signed up for bio and a 2 credit class (Critical Thinking--what fun!) for the fall.

Are you in the medical field now? Are you going for your ADN or BSN? How many years have you been out of school? This "adult learning" is fun, but challenging to balance work, husband, home etc with it! I am sure it will be so worth it in the end!

--------------------
Be not afraid of going slowly; be afraid only of standing still. -- Chinese proverb

#15499 - 07/30/03 05:57 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

My friend and I were talking about how we love food network. She doen't have cable now and she said that would be her only reason to get it again. We both love Alton Brown. My husband does too. Funny huh?

Re: Nursing School new
      #15508 - 07/30/03 06:19 AM
BarbaraS

Well like you I have a lot of general ed. classes from my communciations degree earlier. However, I have to retake all my science courses, except Biology.
I'm 35, so I have been out of school for awhile. I took pretech Chemistry last month and finishing pretech A&P today. The courses are offered free, so why brush up on my skills before taking the real classes.
In the Fall semester I'll be taking Chemistry and the CNA course.
My medical background is in Eyecare. I started off as an Optician and eventually worked as a Opth. Tech.
For now I'm going for my ADN and after a few years in the field I'll go back for the BSN. How about you?
Barb

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 530 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7280

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review