All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)
Re: What is your new
      #153089 - 02/23/05 07:38 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

Fav Color
-blue or purple or teal depending on mood

Fav Food
CHOCOLATE!

Fav music
anything

Fav sport
to do- bike/run... to watch- figure skating

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#153094 - 02/23/05 08:01 AM
Luther Maze

Reged: 07/09/04
Loc: Tampa, Florida

New music;
Metallica. I personally like load. However if metallica were in need of redemtion i think they achived it with St. Anger. I loved that cd from the first listen.
Ozzy. I love Ozzmosis. Also his old black sabath paranoid and solo, diaries of a madman are my two favorites
Sting. The last one he put out i listen to regualarly was ten summoner's tales. I've given his latests a listen but haven't gone back to them.

One thing I like about Alice n'chains is that you can hear the music and lyric maturing with time, same with ozzy. And Alice n'chains left the stage when they were done, not before or after.

--------------------
Life is but a memory on the breath of a dying man.

#153144 - 02/23/05 09:43 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Fav Color: this varies for me. As a kid it was yellow, then blue, then purple, then red...now I'm into pastels and bright colors!

Fav Food: Vegetables! Since discovering veggie soups and roasted veggies...I'm in love

Fav Music: I love Jewish and Israeli music. Anyone ever heard of Lanzbom...they're great! I also like classicl and anything relaxing. Jazz is fun to listen to too!

Fav Sport: I like volleyball but haven't had oppurnity to play in years. I like bike riding and hiking. Yoga's great (not a sport...but wantes to put it down anyways)

What a super idea Heather!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

I must not be normal new
      #153257 - 02/23/05 12:24 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

I think I'm the only woman in the world who does not like pink! All those pink clothes, shoes, handbags, rugs, in the store right now. I walk in--- and I walk right back out!

Give me a black and white bathroom ----and my pulse gets to going. My guest bedroom is chocolate latte brown with dark woods and a white matelesse coverlet. Lots of pillows with color, but I have to have tranquil everywhere else.

I'm a pillow and basket freak!!! I can decorate an entire room around a pillow!!!!!

Re: I must not be normal new
      #153263 - 02/23/05 12:37 PM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

It's not just you, BL! I hate the color pink with a passion....always have. My ex-roommate loved pink, drove me crazy!

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

BL, Melitami- fellow pink hater! new
      #153322 - 02/23/05 01:54 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

I HATE pink. I didn't like it as a kid, but didn't hate it. Then , I went through a pink phase a couple years in my teens (even tried to dye my hair it ). Now I hate it, and since it is the big color fashion trend it is EVERYWHERE! There are so many times I find outfits I like but don't get them cause they are pink. I refuse to wear it! Sometimes if it is a little tiny detail I can ignore it and make do. I do have a pair of pink socks right now, but they were a present and are ultra comfy and have other colors mixed in.
I can't wait til dark colors are in! I am def a black and dark blue and dark green clothing person...

--------------------
-Sheri

Glad to know I'm not the only one..... new
      #153390 - 02/23/05 04:24 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

who hates pink. But obviously, we're in the minority. Someone's buying all that pink stuff at the mall. I thought it was bad last year, but it's BACK again this year.

Even men's clothes are pink and lime green.....yeah, like my husband's gonna wear a pink shirt to work. It aint gonna happen with him----or either one of my teenage sons!!!

Re: BeagleLover, this is the color scheme I am into right now.... new
      #153489 - 02/23/05 10:23 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

Pepto Bismol Pink on the walls??? Uh UH, no way! I am thinking a soft green, maybe lime greeen, or even a smooth creamy cream...with soft pink accents. I love cyrstals, my sister bought a beautiful candleabra at Yankee Candle during the holidays, it has crystals hanging down from the votives....beautiful. When I went to get one for me the sale was off and the price was too high for my tastes. Should have gotten the darned thing anyway. I have had a pretty plumb color in that bathroom, but, the pink has always been my fav, and my h does not care, he understands that I have been the only girl all of these years. So, whatever I want pretty much goes. I also love Gold accents, in our bedroom, which is getting ready to get a new floor, no more carpet in my house, hate the stuff. I am going to take down the border in my bedroom and bathroom. Then I am going to do some type faux gold leaf looking something or other, not quite sure how I am going to work that in, I want to hand paint some pretty fluffy flowers into it also, with the bugundy and pinks, a little brown and dark green also. I also want to paint some words....soemthing romantic, like, "always kiss me goodnight". maybe not that exactly, but I have plenty of time to work it out. can't wait for that new floor, the master bath is getting ceramic tile and a new counter top. I am so excited, if I could just get rid of this sinus infection and get the taxes finished, I could get started on that room. We are going to lay the bedroom floor ourselves. Thinking about a Pergo type laminate. No wood for this part of the country. Anyway, I bet my color scheme is grossing you out???? hahahahahah, I bet we could agree on a good mexican restaraunt though, huh?

Re: I must not be normal new
      #153513 - 02/24/05 03:05 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

BL- I love the sound of your guest bedroom, sounds really modern and classy. I have just decorated (or am in the process of decorating) my bedroom and I have painted it the colour of baileys liquer and a dark dark wine colour. Once the curtains are hung I will post a pic.

I was going to do black and white in my new bathroom but I went for white with a blue mosaic tile trim, it looks fantastic. (again I think I am overdue in posting pics)

I like pink for clothes but not for walls. I got a fab pair of pale pink shoes in Nine West when I was in the States, how I love them! As I little girl I wasn't a pink child, my favourite was lemon yellow and my Mam always dressed me in baby blue because I had big blue eyes. I love baby pink at the moment and got a very cool hot pink tshirt in old navy on holidays that everyone has commented on (gotta love Old Navy)

OK, there's my views on pink

gigi- I stayed in an old hotel last year that had a pale green carpet, a tiny floral pattern white wallpaper with teeny weeny pale pink and green motif rosebuds and a pale green and pink bedcover. It was really romantic and had lots of dark wood in it too. pale pink and pale green work really well together.

--------------------
S.

#153554 - 02/24/05 06:06 AM
Stonegate

Reged: 06/30/04
Loc: Lawrence, Kansas

Fav Color: Definately blue
Fav Food: Has to be ice cream
Favorite Music: 70's and 80's rock
Fav Sport: Most anything that requires an engine. However I admit to having a weakness for watching Tiger Woods on the golf course.

--------------------
Sometimes I walk backwards to see where I have been!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 850 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 38608

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review