All Boards >> The Living Room

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Worried Over Nothing....
      #151538 - 02/18/05 06:32 AM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I was talking to my boyfriend yesterday and he said his friend had crashed at his place the night before and woke up throwing up. He had his friend stay at his place all day yesterday and he was throwing up the whole time, couldn't keep anything down.

I started to get all paranoid and told him to send his friend home!! I know that's probably so mean of me....but I'm supposed to be going to his house today and I REALLY am paranoid that I'm going to catch this stomach bug that his friend has infested the house with!! Acck!! I'm worried now that because my boyfriend spent all day with him (he didn't seem to think it was a big deal at all) that he's now carrying this stomach bug and I'm gonna go there tonight and catch it.

I know I'm just being silly and worrying for no reason but I don't know how to calm myself down about this. I'm not going to want to use his washroom because his friend has been throwing up in there all day yesterday but I feel like a freak asking him to disinfect it.

What to do.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I could have written that post myself! new
      #151543 - 02/18/05 06:50 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I don't have any advice, because I'm SO paranoid and emetophobic that I would just not go over there... for a week. LOL! But I just wanted to say that I understand your panic completely and you're definitely not alone!

When Adam was sick last week, I literally wouldn't go in the bathroom in my own house without spraying the ENTIRE thing down with Lysol first. I feel like a complete freak, but I give up - it's just how I am and I think I have to deal with it.

No I'd be worried out of my mind too new
      #151567 - 02/18/05 08:36 AM

Unregistered

Don't feel silly or mean or whatever because I would be doing exactly the same thing.

I'm sure your boyfriend understands that you can't help feeling this way - and just tell him to spray everything with Lysol or a bacteria killing something and was your hands and don't put them in your mouth...and maybe wear a mask?? Just kidding maybe don't go that far, but good luck because I'd be freaking out too and probably wouldn't even go over for like 3 days at least (till the boy's germs are dead and your boyfriend is in the clear).

Are you feeling any better by the way?

I'm exactly the same! new
      #151596 - 02/18/05 09:44 AM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

I'm so freaked out when it comes to stomach bugs or anything that might make me throw up...once when I was younger my parents made me stay home and babysit my little sister who had the stomach flu and I wore a surgical mask the whole day! (and got sick anyways - go figure). Anyways, if you're too worried to go over there I'm sure you're bf will understand...if you go, just try and not worry about it and maybe pump some extra fluids and vitamin C! Who knows, the friend may not even have anything contagious, lots of things can cause vomiting.

Good luck!

Re: Worried Over Nothing.... new
      #151602 - 02/18/05 10:02 AM
Gail1

Reged: 09/04/03
Loc: Calgary, AB, Canada

Hi Kimm, I don't blame you for being worried. What if you took over with you that Perel stuff that you can use without using water. YOu just put some in you hands and rub them together. Or what about descreatly taking in some lysol wipes and wipe down the toilet handle and faucet and door knobs. Just a thought. Good luck Gail

Just Talked To Him.... new
      #151607 - 02/18/05 10:07 AM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I just talked to him and he could tell that I was paranoid about the stomach bug. He said, "Don't worry babe, I'll disinfect everything for you." Which I thought was really sweet cuz I didn't even have to say it.

I asked him how he's feeling and he said he's feeling great. So if it was a stomach bug his friend had...and it was contagious....wouldn't he be feeling sick by now???

Re: Worried Over Nothing.... new
      #151704 - 02/18/05 12:57 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I totally understand. I have obsessive=compulsive disorcer and I terrorize about germs and viruses. I have no advice to give you. I only totally understand your fears. It's a terrible thing to be so worried. Hugs to you, and congrats on being smoke free! If only I could be so brave.....
Hugs, Han.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

I'm paranoid too! new
      #151742 - 02/18/05 02:23 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

When DH brings home a gastro bug from work I obsessively clean the toilet, the taps and sink after he's used them and follow him around the house with glen 20 disinfectant spray. I even sleep on a camping bed in the loungeroom so I won't have to breathe in his "fumes". It drives him crazy but I often manage to avoid them (unless the kids get them then it's a waste of time cause they sick all over the place and need cuddles). Don't really have any advice other than turn off taps with your jumper pulled over your hands (turn doorknobs in the same way)and try not to get too close to him. Is there any way you can get out of going over there?

--------------------
Amy

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 722 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2910

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review