All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Job interview today!
      #151041 - 02/17/05 03:27 AM
Michelle N.

Reged: 12/15/04

I have a job interview for a front desk position with a new dentist today. I have hearn nothing but good things about the practice, but I'm still nervous. Thank goodness for Xanax! I do have one question for my fellow board members - if and when do you tell the new employer about the IBS? I hope this change will reduce a lot of the stress in my life and help bring this season of suffering to an end.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Job interview today! new
      #151043 - 02/17/05 03:48 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Good luck Michelle!

I still haven't told my boss about IBS but the choice is all yours.

#151048 - 02/17/05 04:01 AM
Michelle N.

If I can learn to de-stress and manage it I hope to never need to tell the boss. But right now my guts are churning and I feel like I'm going to throw up. I just took my morning Xanax, so I hope that sets in quickly. I have had problems with my nerves since my second baby came along - my doctor says that my hormones and neurotransmitters are off from childbirth and thyroid problems. But he's over a year old! I wanna go back to "normal"!

#151050 - 02/17/05 04:06 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Everyone gets very nervous at job interviews. Top that with your neurotransmitters problem. Oh no. Take some Imodium and try so hard to relax. The best way to go in there is confident.

I have a trick that I use. I go in there convinced that I won't get the job but might as well be as funny, and professional as possible "just in case". It takes the pressure off and got me my current job that I've been at for 5 years.

I used it for another job interview but they weren't offering me enough money so I had to say no.

Deep breaths and think positive!

#151055 - 02/17/05 05:30 AM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Good luck Michelle! The only advice I can offer is be yourself. That is all. Remember your qualifications get you in the door. Its your personality that your potential employer wants to see on the interview. You will be fine, just believe in yourself!

--------------------

#151304 - 02/17/05 12:17 PM
Michelle N.

Half an hour to go, and my belly had decided to bloat up with gas! I'm popping a couple ginger Altoids - I'm not interviewing to be a "musician"!

#151352 - 02/17/05 02:32 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Hope it all went well! I wouldn't tell them for awhile, if at all. Let them fall in love with you first!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 109 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 485

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review