All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)
Re: My boy troubles...... new
      #150860 - 02/16/05 02:31 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

hi Nat
i agree with Tina, you need to have that chat. What would be best is to orchestrate bumping into him when you are both alone to be able to ask him if he'd like to check out that new film some night etc...

Re him not making a move yet, P and I knew each other, chatted, held hands and stayed up all night talking for a month before we kissed...and the rest is history.

Best of luck!

--------------------
S.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

tina new
      #150867 - 02/16/05 02:43 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

only replied to Nat's bit, and have just read yours now.
Tommy is right, you make the decision.
I think though if you don't like the idea of the next ten years with bf then its time to get out. he will thank you in the long run...honest.
take care you and good luck apartment hunting

--------------------
S.

Re: tina new
      #150887 - 02/16/05 03:24 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Thanks Sinead. You take care too.

I'm late too... new
      #150893 - 02/16/05 03:52 PM

Unregistered

..sorry I'm not getting to this until now, but I did just want to tell you that you are a great great person and you don't deserve to sell yourself short. Not that I'm one much to give advice for lack of experience, but I imagine that it's easy to stay with something that so comfortable routine wise, even if he doesn't treat you right..if that makes sense. I think you know what you need to do which is good, now you just have to do it. I think it will be the best thing for both of you in the long run and you'll find someone no problem! I remember when you'd posted a few months back about all this boyfriend trouble and possible moving out and I had hoped things had made a huge change for the better since I didn't really remember hearing about it anymore since then. Well enough rambling - just know we'll all be here for you and this is your life and you need to live every moment doing what will make you happy . Big hugs and lots of luck!!

Re: I'm late too... new
      #150895 - 02/16/05 04:03 PM
Sara-Sage

Thanks Brittany!

I like what you said about it being best for BOTH of us in the long run. When I do it I will try to stress that point to him. We just don't bring out the best in each other. We both deserve people that do!

Nothing's changed since I posted about it months ago. Nope.

Thanks and I hope to be able to have this over with before too much longer!

Thanks guys..... new
      #150897 - 02/16/05 04:04 PM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

Yea sinead Im not worried about the fact that he hasnt tried to kiss me yet or anything....all my friends are thinking the worst...but my mum always said to me that its the best relationships that sometimes take the longest to get together....my mum and dad were just like you and P it took my dad ages to make a move apparently! I quite like the fact that we've been becoming friends and that first anyway, its making me feel more comfortable around him before anything happens...if it does. I have other reasons to go around to his flat next week anyways....and once Ive got him on my own I'll somehow manage to have the 'serious' conversation without it being made to be a big deal...cos I know thats why hes not saying anything cos boys hate those conversations! I'll keep you all posted dont you worry....I know I have to do it when he gets back cos tina you're right about the momentum thing....I'll sort it dont you worry....cant wait till that awkwardness is over though...I hate waiting!

--------------------
Natalie

Natalie new
      #150903 - 02/16/05 04:09 PM
Sara-Sage

I also believe that the ones that take longer to develop can possibly last the longest!

Natalie, you're quite pretty so don't be so shy! Make your move! He seems like he's even more shy than you. Someone has to make the first move!

Re: Whenit comes to germs... new
      #150965 - 02/16/05 06:09 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

OMG finally someone who understands my germaphobic condition! Yes, we'd be two peas in a pod wouldn't we!

Not sure if they make any that are non smelling cause I can see how they give you a headache. They are rather strong. I'll have to look the next time I'm at Bath & Body works for ya girlfriend. However, I'm pretty stocked up for now. I went out to the outlets and stocked up in November.

OMG, they just opened up a new grocery store here and I nearly almost jumped up and down with excitment when I saw the wipes at the door for your carts. That is the first time I ever saw that! Yep, Lisa uses one every Sunday when I grocery shop. Whoever started it would get a great big kiss from me (with a mask on of course )

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Re: Tina, its YOUR heart.... new
      #150993 - 02/16/05 07:45 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

you know something Tina, I would have a serious problem with someone who didn't care if he kissed me or not. And, on that being sick stuff, come on, we need to be taken care of and seen to when we are ill. To have someone not give a flip one way or the other that you are so sick you are begging to die ? To me, thats cold hearted !

Hope it goes smoothly. Thinking of you, you are so sweet and so pretty, I know you will have no problems moving on inlife.

Re: Whenit comes to germs... new
      #151021 - 02/16/05 08:44 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Yes we would be great together! We could even teach each other new ways to be germaphobics

I was SO EXCITED when they put the wipes at the store! I was like "Yes! They shoulda done this a LONG time ago!" LOL I was also thinking it might not be a bad idea to buy the wipes for myself instead of the antibacterial hand wipes. I wonder if they come in small purse size packs?! I'll let you know if I find some!

Hmmm...maybe I should wear one of those masks to give hubby a kiss the next time someone in his office gets a cold It would make me feel better...but I'm not sure what he'd make of it?

Seriously...when he comes home telling me someone in the office is sick...I rip out the vitmain C and even make him take it too I am sick enough...I don;t need anything else!!!

Thanks for making me laugh...and for your tips! *hugs* Night germaphobic sis!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3767 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 43165

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review