Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: Currently having attack :( new
      #150319 - 02/15/05 10:48 AM
mindyj

Reged: 05/14/04
Loc: Northern Virginia

Hi Nelly,
I'm so sorry you're feeling crappy (no pun intended) today! I had D this morning too, but thankfully I've felt alright since then. On the lamaze type breathing - yeah, done that - did it on Friday night when I was having an attack on the way home from a bar. Will and I were in the back of a cab and he thought I was hyperventalating - I said no, but I think I might die if I don't get this pain to calm down! I spent the next couple hours curled up with my heating pad and then headed to bed! I would defenetly reach for the heating pad to see if that helps before you go for the meds. The ones you listed would just clog you back up again, and if you havn't had a BM in 6 days you need to get things moving - even if the process is not a nice one to get started. I hope you feel better soon hun, and I'm glad you're home!
By the way - did you get the note I emailed last thursday?

Hugs,
Min

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Currently having attack :( new
      #150320 - 02/15/05 10:49 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I don't have insurance, so I bought these off of a, uh, street pharmacist. He charged me $5 apiece for them and I bought 10. They're the 7.5 Es kind, I've had them before.

I haven't tried asking my doctor for them because he's already hesitant to give me an Rx for the Tylenol 3's-- I get 60 of those a month, but I always run out after about 2 1/2 weeks. I'm so used to not being believed about the urgancy of my pain, I just take what I can get now. I'm hoping to buy a bunch of over the counter codiene while I'm in England and bring them back. It just sucks being sick and no one understands. Except you guys that is.

~nelly~

You're so sweet, Tommy! new
      #150322 - 02/15/05 10:51 AM
Nelly

That's funny, I guess you wouldn't watch that particular show.

Thanks for the good thoughts!

~nelly~

You get it-- new
      #150326 - 02/15/05 10:56 AM
Nelly

I guess I'm not the only one who does lamaze breathing!! I guess it's weird for those watching, cos we're obviously not pregnant!

Yeah, the drugs are great for the unending cramps and do help the D a lot, but when I'm trying to go, I find myself without adequate pain management if I forgo the pills.

I think now that my body is just not ready to complete the attack, so I'm going to go back on the pain management in a sec. Basically I'm just getting cramps that come and go at this point!

I got your email!!! Thanks!!! I'll reply to it right now!!

~nelly~

Re: You're so sweet, Tommy! new
      #150328 - 02/15/05 11:00 AM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Thanks Nelly... For some reason I have been getting "Tommy you're so sweet" lately... What's up with that? C'mon, I am the tough Nyer here! tough as nails, red meat eating NYer! Grrrrr... Not sweet! LOL

--------------------

If all my worst attacks were babies... new
      #150329 - 02/15/05 11:00 AM
Nelly

... I'd have 3,432 children conservatively, for 3 attacks a week since I was 12. Ooo, that's an ugly number.

Thanks for the well wishes! I appreciate it! Off to drug myself now (hour 17 of my attack).

~nelly~

Oh yeah. I hear you new
      #150330 - 02/15/05 11:02 AM
Nelly

... on those 5 pounds. When you weigh how much you eat during the day vs. how much put out, and multiply that by 6 or 7 days... It adds up. Not fun.

~nelly~

Re: You're so sweet, Tommy! new
      #150332 - 02/15/05 11:03 AM
Nelly

I mean, Tommy you're so throbingly handsome and powerful!!! What was I thinking?? Sweet??

~nelly~

Cable TV... new
      #150339 - 02/15/05 11:08 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

... is such a necessity for me!! Man, when I am really sick and am on the couch with a heating pad and a frown, I would go out of my bloody mind if I didn't have my TV!! Now that I am back in Canada, I am extra lucky 'cause my parents upstairs have like 'super cable' so we get lots of extra, really bizarre channels and US channels so we can watch stuff 3 hours earlier and stuff, it's wicked.
I TOTALLY do the breathing thing! And the funniest thing is, I think I started doing it without realising it! I guess sometimes when I get a bad cramp, I breathe out really slowly and I only noticed 'cause Adrian would say, "Tummy pain?" and I thought he was psychic or something before I realised what I was doing, hee hee.

I know what you mean about wanting to get emptied out after not having a BM for so long.. if I go too long, even if it's not uncomfortable, I start to get panicked and try to make myself go.. and then I think, "where's that D when I need it??" and then it comes and I kick myself for wishing it on myself.

Anywho, I'm sorry you're in the middle of a full fledged attack, it sounds bloody awful. 15 hours, yeesh! It must be even longer now if it's still carrying on... Hmm, shoulda read the other replies to see where you are at.. damn lazy Stephanie..
If I remember right, you don't do well on peppermint do you? I was gonna say drink lotsa pep tea if you are forgoing meds, but then I remembered that so... yep, I officially have no advice...
I hope you feel better really, really soon and don't forget to breath! Hee hee.
*hugs*
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: Cable TV... new
      #150355 - 02/15/05 11:25 AM
Nelly

LOL! Cable TV ROCKS! I am headed for the meds right now, cos these cramps are going nowhere!! Stoopid D, can't come when I need it. Ah if only IBS could be controlled by willing it away.

I have to get some more of those Canadian channels!! I got totally addicted to DiGrassi Jr. High (don't laugh! ) way back when!! That's the only Canadian show I can think of right now but I know there are more!!

Hey Steph, are codiene pills still available over the counter in Canada? Do you have what's it called... paracodol or panadol or something like that?

~nelly~

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 239 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3397

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review