All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Purse survey!
      #149889 - 02/14/05 10:57 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Ok Girls, I need a new purse and I think I'm actually going to treat myself to a nice one! I usually just buy $20 ones at Kohles or something like that! I have almost a $100 credit on my Marshall Fileds card so thought I might use if for a new purse. Will said he would throw in some extra money for my V-Day gift towards a nice purse!

I've always had purses with shoulder straps but lately, find I don't really use the shoulder straps much! I currently have a back-pack style purse but usually just use the little hand strap on it. I have several little "hippy" style pouch bags that I use for shopping at the mall and stuff so I don't have to carry a big purse with me. They are just big enough for money, id, chap stick and cell phone!

I'm looking for a medium size everyday purse but can't decide on what styly strap to get? What does everyone else us????? I can't believe I'm contemplating spending this much on a purse but I've never had a nice one before and I want to do something nice for myself! Any pointers on purse shopping???

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

mom loves her coach purses... new
      #149908 - 02/14/05 11:55 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

she actually has 2- a wallet on a string for when she goes shopping and bigger bag it goes in every day...

I have found since I use my phone/pda for almost everything I actually cna make do 95% of the time with the dinky little purse I had at heathers.. I have 2 mathcing ones except for color... and I have a few larger ones I an carry a book or knitting project in.

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: Purse survey! new
      #149912 - 02/14/05 12:03 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

My sister got me one that the strap goes across my body last Christmas and I LOVE it,it might be a bit casual for your needs though but it carries the load and distributes the weight really well. I love it so much I got another one in red leather in the sales, they are just so comfy to carry.

--------------------
S.

#149917 - 02/14/05 12:09 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

I always buy the purses with smaller straps that you just put over your shoulders..

but I agree.. I love coach purses.. they are pretty and last forever. worth the investment. (I'm a poor student and still splurge on coach.. I have about four purses, a wallet and a wristlet. can you tell i'm obsessed! )

--------------------

Re: mom loves her coach purses... new
      #149928 - 02/14/05 12:28 PM
michele

I was looking at some from coach. I think I really want a purple or lime green one! Or maybe pink!! I just love color!! I just can't decide on what style! I guess I'm nervous because I've never spent more than $20-30 for a purse! I've decided though that I'm an adult now and I deserve a nice purse! If it stops raining here, I may stop on my way home from work tonight and look again!

--------------------

#149976 - 02/14/05 01:45 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

I am like you never spent more than 30 dollars on a pruse before!LOL

All I know is I want pics when you get and have a blast buying it!!! HUGS!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

#149984 - 02/14/05 01:57 PM
suarez

Reged: 11/19/04
Loc: ILLINOIS

Do you have any outlet malls by you?
My girlfriends and I went shopping to the outlet mall that
had a Coach store. They had a special on the blue purses
that day for about 47.00. It was a great buy with about
6 different styles so all of us bought a purse. It was a lot of fun.

Maybe you can go online and see if they offer any of the sales online.

#149988 - 02/14/05 02:08 PM
michele

Hmm, there is an out let mall in birch run, I'll goggle it and see if they have a coach outlet!

--------------------

#150000 - 02/14/05 02:23 PM
michele

All google came up with for coach outlest stores was one in Napa CA?!! Does anyone know if there is one in Michigan? They have a beautiful purple suede purse I really like on the web site but its $300.!! I was hoping to keep it under $200.!! I can't believe I'm even contemplating spending that much on a purse!

I guess I'm just jealous! I see all these women coming into my office with these beautiful purses and when I compliment them on the purses they say "Oh, thank you, its a so-and-so bag!" and several have asked me what kind of purse I have and I'm too embarrassed to tell them! I'm 34, I guess its time I bought a big girls purse!

--------------------

#150003 - 02/14/05 02:33 PM
michele

GASP! I just looked at some from Neiman Marcus, I didn't see a purse under $700.00!! Most of them were over a thousand dollars and even a few over TWO THOUSAND, for a purse??!! I don't think so!! Holy Cow!! I guess I know why I don't shop at that store! Too Rich for my blood! Does anyone really spend that much on a purse??

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 571 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 16694

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review