All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: Well, I did it!! new
      #150226 - 02/15/05 07:22 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I went shopping last night. I LOVE that pinkish/purple suede bag from coach, so I went to the coach store last night to look at it a little more closely. I really wanted purple and it is much more pink than the picture on the web site shows. Ok, that was fine, it was still a nice color but it had gold color hardware and I don't do gold, I'm strictly sterling silver. If I was to spend $298.00 on a purse, it was going to be perfect! Not to mention, I would have still needed to buy a wallett.

So, I walk through the mall a bit and checked out a few other stores. I ended up getting a purse from Brighton. Here's the one I got http://www.brightonretail.com/store/wishlist.php?m=product_detail&p=H60330
I also got the matching wallett. Its definetely pink but its a darker, real prety pink. It stands up on it own and had both the regular hand handles and a detachable shoulder strap. I love it! They put it in its own cloth bag, than in its own box for storage. I feel a bit quilty about spending $218.00 on a purse and wallett, but darn it, I think I deserve a treat after all I've been through! I figure I better get this kind of frivilous spending out of my system before we have a baby!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I'm glad you found something you like! new
      #150228 - 02/15/05 07:33 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

And yes! I agree that deserve to spend some money on a treat for yourself, especially after what you've been through! Enjoy hon!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

very cute Michele! new
      #150251 - 02/15/05 08:27 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

well wear!

--------------------
S.

Oh! It's a brand! new
      #150253 - 02/15/05 08:39 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Light dawns.

Ooo... new
      #150254 - 02/15/05 08:41 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

...that is a NICE bag! Enjoy sweetie, you deserve it!

Re: Well, I did it!! new
      #150256 - 02/15/05 08:42 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Very cute!

Re: WHAT NELLY??? new
      #150259 - 02/15/05 08:47 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Yeah, I buy upscale stuff. But I use what I buy and mend things if they break. I don't even donate stuff to charity cos I'm still using all of it. I only have 6 or 7 pairs of jeans for instance, and 3 of them are $58 Gap ultra low rise. But the others are $160 Diesel jeans or $180 DKNYs, also ultra low rise. I think top end merchandise fits better and lasts longer, personally. I also was ultra-poor growing up (think free government cheese) so I'm sure that has to do with my materialism.

But I'm tall too and have to alter pants, jackets, etc. to fit my height so everything I buy is an investment. I'd love to be able to wear a size medium abercrombie sweatpants offf the rack (that'd be so easy!!!!), but they come up to right below my knees! I have a 35" inseam, but I wear a 37" pants leg cos I wear shoes with little heels. I'm so psyched to go to the UK and do some shopping cos they have my sizes over there!!!! I do my best shopping overseas!!!!

~nelly~

Don't think Coach rocks as hard as it once did... new
      #150263 - 02/15/05 09:02 AM
ptillen

Reged: 06/27/04
Loc: Milwaukee WI

I've been unimpressed with the look of Coach bags in recent years; I think they're too trendy and cutesy. My attraction to classic Coach is just that it IS classic- timeless design that you buy once and use for the rest of your life... which would never happen with some ditsy little lime green pouchy, like Coach has been turning out lately.
That having been said, my daily companion is a 5 year old red Coach Hamptons diaper bag that's just the right size to shlep music, book, lunch, and everything else I need for work and gigs. It's probably gonna last me the rest of my professional life (and for the amount I paid for it, it had better )

Re: WHAT NELLY??? new
      #150347 - 02/15/05 11:13 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Hey, if you can afford it, knock yourself out!

Must be tough being tall. I'm a shorty pants.

LOL! new
      #150356 - 02/15/05 11:27 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

LOL! Can't afford it actually, but you know, a girl's got to have what a girl's got to have!!

~nelly~

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 125 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 16709

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review