All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Stuck between a rock and a hard place
      #149197 - 02/12/05 04:15 AM
Ravenndark

Reged: 11/28/04
Loc: the internet

You know, sometimes, it really makes me sad that I can't be part of those families who ALWAYS seem to have money!

My parents are all so, so broke, and they are spending all their time and money trying to keep me happy, and driving me to this doctor and that test, and I feel so-completely-horrible when I think about how much money they have spent on me lately.

I start driver's ed. soon, which is $400, I need a guitar for music class, I'll need a car by august so I can get a job, and then the insurance for the car...

I just wish my family could be well off, but with three households, four parents and a total of six children...

I feel so useless!

I'm actually considering selling some of my things, so get some extra cash towards a car, or a cheap guitar.

Alright, I'm done rambling now.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I get ya! new
      #149203 - 02/12/05 04:45 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Being broke SUCKS! Is there any baby-sitting or something you could do to help raise money for driving lessons, etc? If you DO have any stuff you don't want, get on E-Bay!!

Re: Stuck between a rock and a hard place new
      #149209 - 02/12/05 05:00 AM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

awww, Isabel, that is rough. But growing up in a situation like that is what builds character. Do NOT feel bad about your parents spending money on you, either. I used to feel like that til I realized that parents KNOW that kids will be expensive, they are the most expensive commitment they will ever make. Your parents probably get mmore joy out of seeing you master your guitar skills then to have some extra cash.
I like Linz's idea, and also yours! maybe you can combine efforts with your parents, and offer to get rid of thier old stuff if you can keep part of the proceeds. No sense on keeping stuff around you don't want/need if someone else would be happy with it, right?

--------------------
-Sheri

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 320 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 269

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review