All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: **Update** Oh it gets even better! new
      #149102 - 02/11/05 05:40 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Ugh! A and E is hopeless. I've sat there so many times with major problems (usually something wrong with one of the kids) only to be sent home and told to do nothing then ended up back there when they get worse. I hope you get some relief soon. I'll pray it's an ulcer and not your gall bladder and then the Nexium should kick in and help. I'll have you in my thoughts. Big hugs. Feel better soon.

--------------------
Amy

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: **Update** Oh it gets even better! new
      #149414 - 02/12/05 08:16 PM

Unregistered

You are going throught a lot!! I meant to respond to this yesterday when I saw it but didn't have the chance since I was in class at school - but I just want you to know that I'm sending you my thoughts and I hope you're feeling better soon. I can't imagine going through all of that - you are brave!!

Hope Dan gets well soon too so you can see him. Take care of yourself and don't let silly doctors push you around!!! Big hugs and keep us updated.

-bump- nt new
      #149514 - 02/13/05 09:00 AM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

--------------------

You poor thing!! new
      #149516 - 02/13/05 09:04 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

It's so hard when you're sick to shop around for care when there are so many uncaring doctors who don't see the big picture. If you're in pain now, you need to be seen now!!! I'd shop around emergency rooms at different hospitals until one admits you.

I hope you find that perfect doctor, but until you do, please take care of yourself. I'll be thinking about you and sending good thoughts your way.

~nelly~

UPDATE I am going to MY doctor tomorrow new
      #149573 - 02/13/05 01:29 PM
RnbwConnection78

Reged: 05/05/03
Loc: Bensalem, PA (right outside of Philadelphia)

I get to go to my doctor tomorrow for a follow up appointment. I originally didn't really want to go see him as he really can't do much for me. I plan on all but demanding the blood test for ulcers. If nothing else, it will give me ANSWERS. I want answers. I am still barely able to eat. I ate yesteday, not a whole lot but teeny tiny bits of food only to have a SEVERE attack of whatever sort it was last night. 50 mg of Phenergan barely put me to sleep. I slept in a very light sleep for about 8 hours. If you've ever taken Phenergan you know that's bad. 50 mg of Phenergan would normally put me out clear til next week. I ate a teeny bit again today. I am in a lot of pain today again. I had a nervous breakdown today. Lots of tears and freaking out. I deal with IBS on a daily basis and this pain and nausea makes IBS seem like simple indigestion. I fight so hard and then something like this happens. And no one is helping me. I have my mom and dad and they have helped a lot but no one that has the capacity to really help me is doing that and it's really frustrating.

There is some good news... Dan is coming over to spend time with me before he goes back to Ship. No Valentine's Day but at least I'll get to see him.

--------------------

I'm so sorry about everything! new
      #149580 - 02/13/05 01:53 PM
Angie113

Reged: 12/31/04
Loc: Alternate b/w Northern and Southern California

Wow, I can't believe everything that's happened. I just saw this post, and I feel so much sympathy for you!! I hope when you see your doctor, he will be able to help. I agree with everyone that you should have that awful doc at the ER reported and sue if anything bad happens. I can't imagine what you're going through, but I hope that it all works out in the end and you feel better very soon! I'm also glad that you get to see your BF, hopefully that will help a little. You will be in my thoughts and best of luck!

--------------------
~Angela

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 61 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2001

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review