All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | >> (show all)
Re: I'm really hurting new
      #148400 - 02/09/05 10:12 PM
MissS

Reged: 02/11/04

Ruchie,
I can certainly identify with some of what you said. When I was young, I had a terrible time trying to figure out who I was. I had no idea, because I had always been who my parents wanted me to be. As a child, I learned very quickly who I needed to be, to stay out of serious trouble with my dad, and how to please my perfect Mom.

I am 50 now, and I was 34 before I was truly able to free myself of their "hold" on me. Yes, it took me that long to finally become who God made me to be, and not who they wanted me to be. (Parents often want their kids to be little versions of themselves or who they wish they were.)
OH, it's so complicated.

I'm not saying that it will take you that long to become yourself and like who you really are. (I now am able to make all the mistakes I want, and can forgive me right away without guilt and just move on as if it never happened!) I can honestly say that I like me very much; even with ALL of my faults. And, I don't care what others think of me. That's a real freedom, isn't it?

I just want you to know that you must never give up hope and always use your faith to help you get to where you need to be. God will guide you and He will help you. It takes time and it's a process. I have heard that it is painful when a snake sheds its' skin. Well, it is painful for us, too. It's not easy, but it will happen because you want it to. Honey, you ARE likeable, lovable, and so kindhearted. You can make mistakes and you can even sin and you know what? God still loves you just as you are. He doesn't wait for us to change before He loves us. Here is a quote that I really like:

"God loves us the way we are, but He loves us too much to leave us that way."

You don't need to worry so much about changing; God will guide you where you need to go and He will love you all the way through it. He did it for me, and He will do it for you, too. It's okay to relax and just let yourself live. No one is perfect and we will never be, as long as we are on this earth in these imperfect bodies. So, don't try to be perfect. God will guide you your whole lifetime and He will mold you. If He loves you all the time; just as you are; then you should love yourself, too and don't let anyone keep you from it. He is the one who's opinion matters and He loves you as you are. So, who cares what anyone else has to say? His opinion is the one that matters, and He always loves us; no matter what!!!

I feel like I'm rambling here. I hate when that happens. To wrap it up; I guess I'm just trying to say that you must have hope and NEVER give up your quest to find out who you are. Try to cut yourself some slack. Treat yourself the way that you treat others or the way that you want others to treat you. That can do amazing things for yourself!

There IS hope after abuse of all kinds. It takes time to become whole and it won't happen overnight; but it WILL happen. There are many of us who have been where you are (more than you may know) and we have made it. You will too. You really, really will.
I'll be thinking of you,
Terri

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#148412 - 02/10/05 12:49 AM
thepurplelollie

Reged: 11/11/04
Loc: Wellington, New Zealand

Oh, Ruchie! I think you're amazing... whether you're eating marshmallows and jelly beans for breakfast lunch and tea, or whether you kick the sugar altogether.
You are such an inspiration to me, if I could throw myself in front of what's hurting you, I would.
I know it's real hard to give up sugar... and that it's real hard to be Ruchie, but you're stronger than you give yurself credit for. Don't let this wee slip get you down! Get back on that horse, girl. You really are the most amazing internet person I've never met.

--------------------
*Emma*

Ruchie, had a bit more to say once the kids went to bed. You have email-nt new
      #148416 - 02/10/05 12:57 AM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

--------------------
Amy

Re: Tina *hugs* new
      #148425 - 02/10/05 02:55 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Ruchie,

Don't worry about it. I'm sure your husband knows how much you love him.

If intimacy scares you, just hold his hand or give him hugs and lots of kisses. You can still do that if you're having an IBS attack or feeling tired from your fibro. Or just lie in bed with him and cuddle. There's lots of ways to show you care about him.

Dalia! new
      #148432 - 02/10/05 03:20 AM
Sara-Sage

I also have a passion for naturopathy! But I am not studying it such as you are. What exactly are you taking to get this degree? What courses does it involve?

And Iridology is fascinating stuff! I used to work at a photocopy place and this natural doctor always came in with his Iridology charts and explained a bit of it to me. Are you able to detect early signs of trouble by looking at someone's iris yet? Now I want to meet you! I could talk about this and alternative healthcare for hours!

I also believe that the tongue shows signs of illnes as well. Not sure if this has a techical name. Tongue reading? I studied this and the results I got were very accurate for myself!

Ok, I could go on and on...

Ruchie new
      #148437 - 02/10/05 03:47 AM
Sara-Sage

You don't have to be bubbly all of the time. Gosh no! We all have our moods and bad days.

You'll never be banned or hated. We all care about you, silly!

#148448 - 02/10/05 05:16 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Ruchie - I'm a perfectionist too. I am so hard on myself it's ridiculous. You need to be okay with being less than perfect. We're all human and we all make mistakes. You have to forgive yourself. ALso remember you did NOT deserve the abuse in the first place. You were just a little girl - an innocent victim. Nurture that part of you.
And of course we'd still love you! Are you kidding? Don't worry about saying the wrong thing. No one is going to kick you off the boards. I have never even once thought anything you said is inappropriate. Give yourself a break. You're a terrific, wonderful, loving, sweet person and a great friend. We're fortunate to have you with us. Hang in there.
TONS AND TONS OF HUGE HUGS!!!!!!!

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

I know its an addiction.. but.. new
      #148463 - 02/10/05 06:09 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

sometimes going cold turkey is harder to do then allowing those little slips.. as long as they aren't happening all the time and your not gorging yourself sick on the sugar (which you aren't!) then you're still controlling the addiction and no one stops anything cold turkey the first time succesfuly without a ton of assistance.. and often times slip ups.. you'll get back there...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

DALIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Help please! new
      #148481 - 02/10/05 06:56 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

Ok I am a total sugar ADDICT. I think I have to be the most addicted person ON EARTH! People cannot believe the amounts of sugar I can tolerate and not get sick from. I know it is AWFUL for me, but it is SO hard for me to give up. I REALLY want to give it up.

Could you tell me a typical day for you?? Diet-wise?

I have been *pretty* good the last few weeks giving up candy - like jelly beans, taffy, etc. But - I still eat lots of jelly, honey, PB, graham crackers, teddy grahams, ginger cookies, etc - which is obviously all sugar too! If you have any suggestions I would LOVE to hear from you!

If you want to email me it's cara4503@yahoo.com. I would really appreciate it so much!! Thanks Dalia xxxx!

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: Dalia! new
      #148516 - 02/10/05 07:58 AM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

hey tina!!
thats so cool that you are passionate about naturopathy too! I started studying it in London and am finishing up here. Learning it is all a bit of a mess, because there is no real legislation to regulate who teaches it, so you have some colleges out there that just want your money and don't teach you the real thing..so I take courses at different places to build up my skills. I am very careful because at some point the law is going to change and these colleges will be banned (there are lots of 'natural doctors' out there who take a two week course and then start prescribing strong herbal combinations to people - herbs can be just as potent as real medicine), and when the law changes I do not want to be associated with such careless people. I DO treat with herbs, but mainly with dietary changes. My hero is Dr. Bernard Jensen, you can google him...he was an amazing man.
And yep, I can read peoples eyes and tell them pretty much exactly what is going on - I can tell how many toxins they are carrying around, the state of all their major systems, bowel health, stress levels, immunity etc....everything! Its wildly accurate and pretty scary! In a nice way of course!
I've not got into tongues yet, but I can see how mine changes with my health!!

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 239 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 22238

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review