All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
I think Beth said it all for me. Big hugs. I'm thinking of you-nt new
      #148339 - 02/09/05 05:40 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

--------------------
Amy

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

DALIA new
      #148368 - 02/09/05 07:35 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Wow, I see you are a naturopathic student...right on! I was actually going to e-mail you but you don't have an e-mail addy listed I wanted to know why you went off sugar? Any reasons in particular? If you don't want to discuss it here...e-mail me at Ruchily@yahoo.com

I am hoping that you can help me get off sugar. I was anorexic from about age 12-21. Then I switched over to overeating (long story). Anyhow...I want to be healthy now and I am betting you know a LOT about this being a naturopathic student. I have SO MUCH respect for you and what you Dalia! Where are you taking classes?

Anyhow...I look forward to hearing from you and I DEFINATELY think you can help me here! I'll be your 1st patient

How are you doing these days? Do you believe in taking medication? Have you ever tried any for your IBS?

Anyhow...thanks for responding and for being here for me. It means a LOT! *hugs*

Ruchie

P.S. What does Dalia mean? It's Hebrew right?

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Tina *hugs* new
      #148369 - 02/09/05 07:39 PM
Snow for Sarala

Thanks Tina *hugs*

The thing about intimacy is that I don't know yet how to be close to someone. Trust is VERY hard for me as I've been hurt by the people I am supposed to be able to trust. I wish I could just be CLOSE to hubby...

I think you're right...I'll get there one day. G-d, I hope so! But I need the support from all you amazing pople on the boards. You have all helped me learn to build my trust these past coupld of years since joining the boards. I NEVER would have been able to be so open about my past without people like you here on the boards. And I am just so greatful *hugs*

Thanks again!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Beth *big hugs* new
      #148370 - 02/09/05 07:45 PM
Snow for Sarala

You are a VERY special gal...but it doesn't mean anything if others see it if you don't. And I feel you know EXACTLY what I mean.

BUT i will say this....the more positive things we hear about ourselves (same goes for the negative!), the more we believe it's true. So I hope you'll stick around so we can make a new tape to play in your head forever with positivity and love!

Thank you for your kind words. I hope I can believe them one day soon, G-d willing!

The problem with the sugar is that it's NOT about a diet for me. I use food to hide behind. It is an addiction for me. Sugar is my "drug of choice." So when I eat sugar it is not like other people eating sugar...make sense?

It's so sad that so many of us in our generation struggle with self esteem issues. I believe people that hurt us did so cause they were hurting. There is just a lot of pain in the world today.

The GOOD news is that we can have GOOD in our lives and give that goodness to our children! BUT FIRST we have to love ourselves and give ourselves that goodness....easier said than done. I believe it is possible and it is my goal in life!

Please keep in touch..andd -email me anytime *hugs* I'm glad I have you for a friend

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Knowing oneself takes practice. If you have a "Higher Power," call on that, first. And... new
      #148371 - 02/09/05 07:49 PM
Snow for Sarala

Thanks Bob! I like that advice: Do at least one thing a day to make yourself happy. Thanks!

I am reading a book called "Why Can't I Ever Be GOOD Enough" and the author discusses how import. it is to take care of ourselves first. And I agree with that! I just have to learn how 1st

Anyway, thanks againf ro the advice--I really appreciate it. Take care!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: I'm really hurting new
      #148372 - 02/09/05 07:52 PM
Snow for Sarala

Thank G-d you've never been abused Han! I am greatful for that! *hugs*

I like what you said...to do th best I can...that's all anyone can do.

I expect perfection of myself. Actually, I am scared no one (yes, including you guys!) will like me if I'm not perfect, happy, and bubbly all the time.

Don't get me wrong--I SINCERELY care so much about everyone in the world...and on this board! But I am scared if I have a bad day and I'm not saying just the right things to everyone I will be banned and hated forever.

But it's going to be better one day...I have hope! I keep telling myself over and over day afte rday that it will get better. IT HAS TO...no one deserves this, not even me!

Thanks for being here Han *husg*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: *HUG* new
      #148373 - 02/09/05 07:54 PM
Snow for Sarala

Thanks Amie! The sugar is about an addiction for me. Not a diet. Otherwise I WOULD go slow and it wouldn't be as big a deal. But you know what? I decided what I did was ok today. I got right back up, posted here, went on with my healthy choices, and even biked 20 mins today! And you know what? I'm actually proud of myself! I made a mistake but I didn't let it get me down. And I couldn't have done it without all of you *hugs*

THANKS!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Ruchie new
      #148374 - 02/09/05 07:57 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

Hey sweetie
Thanks so much for all your sweet words...Dalia is the dahlia flower in Hebrew! My Daddy named me :-)
My email address is dalia_yael@hotmail.com...don't know why I don't list it on the site..feel free to email me ANYTIME!!
I like to think I have a mountain of knowledge. I am passionate to death about naturopathy and also practise a method called Iridology where I read the iris of a persons eye and can tell there general constitution and health problems. It is extremely accurate and uninvasive. I am utterly inspired with all of it and am weeks away from my Iridology qualification...I am also about to begin studying to be a registered nutritionist,.. I am not too keen on classic/conventional nutrition but I want the qualification so I can fit my holistic nutrition beliefs into the main stream out there!
I would love to help you...
Why did I give up sugar? Well, I used to live on black coffee with loads of sugar, coca cola, cookies, chocolate and I saw an iridologist about my IBS in Israel when I was 21 and really suffering. That was the moment that changed my life. It was almost religious! He made me sob with relief that finally someone was listening to me..
He put me on a special diet that really minimised my IBS and he never mentioned sugar to me, but just told me to eat only what was on the list he gave me...and sugar wasn't on it. I was so desperate to try anything and I am a pretty disciplined person and saw it as a challenge. I haven't looked back. I am now 25. I have a little raw sugar these days, maybe 1 tspn in something every few days (like a carrot cake or hot almond milk)...
About the same time I started to give it up I began to read up about it...and I truly believe that sugar in the amounts it is eaten these days is a sheer utter poison. Sugar used to be used as a condiment, these days it is used as a food!! Sugar is the major cause of osteoporosis in our societies, diabetes type 2, it lowers the efficiency of your immune system by a huge percentage. Which is a vital factor for you Ruchie. I think everyone with IBS would do very well with going on a pure pure diet with no refined sugars. I have strong opinions about it , but I base my opinions on research and established fact, I am not simply some fanatic!!
As for my IBS...well, I tried Heathers way for about 6 months and it really hasn't helped much. So I recently decided to go back to naturopathic eating: and so far so very very good. It was soo scary for me because I have kind of become reliant on the white stuff to settle my tummy and naturopathy doesn't really believe in those kinds of foods...so there I was expecting a huggeee D outbreak...its taking time to get used to it but I feel much less foggy and fatigued...its very high fibre!:-) Much more nutritious.
Ruchie I would be delighted to help you eat as nutritiously as you can. I have never worked with someone with fibromylagia before, but I do know a lot about immunity boosting and the best thing you could do for yourself first would be to kick the sugar habit. I will hold your hand (in cyber space) the entire way! You will feel soooo good about yourself...I promise!
With love XXXX

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Sheri new
      #148375 - 02/09/05 07:59 PM
Snow for Sarala

Thanks Sheri! *hugs* I have a feeling I know who I am...I'm just too scared to find out. I've been hiding somewhere inside of me for such a long time...I don't know how to get in touch with who I REALLY am...too much repressed stuff. But that's why I'm in therapy and OA trying to work these things through. You guys help me give the confidence to persevere and keep moving forward. Thanks again...I needed your words *hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Hi Dalia....I sent ya an e-mail AND new
      #148380 - 02/09/05 08:24 PM
Snow for Sarala

I wanted to respond to some of your post here too.

I LOVE your name...it's beautiful. My hebrew name is Shayna Ricklah. Shayna is Yiddush (not hebrew really) for Yaffa and Rickla for Rivka...I go by Rivka a lot. :-)

Do you like not having sugar in your life? I have to say when I don't have it in my life I seem to be a much healthier person!

Anyhow, thanks for everything...and I can't wait to hear back from you! *hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 269 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 21854

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review