All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
What did I do?
      #147974 - 02/08/05 07:07 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

I just broke up with Chris tonight. This time it was for real. We are still friends, but still hurting. It is hard to break up with someone after two + years together for almost no reason. He wasn't a bad BF< just not what I needed. I NEED someone to be romantic and exciting. I have been waiting two years this week to give him chances to change, and he hasn't.
I gave up
Who dumps their bf right before valentine's day?
Oh, that's right, I do!
If there was a giant self destruct button for life, I would be compulsivly pushing it every couple of months, cause that is basically what I do!
Anyone have any words of wisdom to get me through this? I have not been single for more than a week since i was 17 years old and still in *gasp* high school.

--------------------
-Sheri

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What did I do? new
      #147977 - 02/08/05 07:12 PM

Unregistered

Aww Sheri I can't imagine what you're going through. Whether or not it was a good move for you to make considering your own needs and all, it doesn't make it any easier. Well if it makes you feel any better, my older brother and his girlfriend just broke up on Saturday night. It's good that you and Chris can still be friends. But don't feel bad about this because if it felt right then it was. There's no reason that you should have to settle. You're young and beautiful and there's plenty of time to meet someone that is just perfect for you and you'll know it when it happens.

Big big hugs and treat yourself to something nice

SHERI!!! new
      #147981 - 02/08/05 07:18 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Sheri!!! Wow.

You know what, I think you made the right decision. You were not happy. From my own experience, i could see that! I want to break up with mine too, you know. I have met someone else that is making me realize that my current BF isn't all that great!

I have not been single in years and years too! I think you're very pretty and still so young that you will find an ideal guy in no time. Why waste time with someone who doesn't do 'it' for you?

Valentine's day is just a stupid day. Don't worry about it. Buy yourself some flowers.

So what next? Are you going to move out?

HONEY!!!! new
      #147986 - 02/08/05 07:35 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

BIG HUGS!!! You did what you felt you needed to!! You can't make someone else happy if your not happy! You are a strong women and I know you will be ok! It will just take a little time!!!

BIG HUGE HUGS!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: SHERI!!! new
      #147987 - 02/08/05 07:35 PM
Sheri01

Oh, I live by myself, he just stays over one the weekend. Since we are still getting along we are chatting online to see how we are gonna split things up. The only *real* issue besides giving back cds and stuff is that our gym membership is together on one, i am gonna speak to the salesman. It is in Chris's name and he said that he doesn't mind keeping it together because he knows Iwon't stiff him on the money. I think it is a bad idea, he may just be trying to grasp at straws to keep me in his life but he is handling things well.
He is kinda unpredictable right now. He is eaither gonna get worse or get over me really quick. We'll see.
I already have plans to go out with a new friend (girl) from North Jersey (10 minutes from NYC) next weekend. We are going to Hoboken and NYC to go to clubs and stuff. It sounds like alot of fun. I will stay at her house. These are the types of things I need to be doing! I don't have really any friends at all, so this will be a real treat.
Funny thing is, I know I will be in bad shape this weekend when I am holed up in my apt all alone, but right now i feel SOOO good. I feel so liberated. I need this. I grew up alot since we started dating, and we are just not the same two people anymore, and not compatable in that way I guess.

Remember when we both started to go through this problem months ago? Weird it comes back up for both of us at the same times...
Good luck to you Tina, in deciding what is best for you. These things are so tough! Especially when you don't hate the person, I nver had a *nice * break up before.
This all had to happen the night before I have to go interview that woman at the school! And I still have to test out how to drive there, i have no idea where i am going.

--------------------
-Sheri

#147989 - 02/08/05 07:38 PM
Sheri01

thanks Brittany, you settled me alittle! I am confident this is the right decision. AS much as it will hurt I am gonna tough through it, it is the only thing that is fair to both of us. Ut oh, I guess I will have to do somehitng about my profile pic... maybe i will steal someone's dig camera

--------------------
-Sheri

Re: HONEY!!!! new
      #147990 - 02/08/05 07:40 PM
Sheri01

Thanks for the hugs! You are right, I cannot make him happy if I am not happy.

BTW_ hope everything worked out with you and RIch, it sounds tough being a mommy!

--------------------
-Sheri

From the sounds of things... new
      #147991 - 02/08/05 07:44 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

... it sounds like you did the right thing. *big hugs* Like everyone else has said, you know what you need in a relationship, and there's no reason to settle for less.

Of course it'll hurt for a while, but you'll be fine.

Oh Sheri! new
      #147992 - 02/08/05 07:46 PM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

Unfortunately I don't have any words of wisdom. I've never really been in a situation where I was making a hard decision like this. I'm sure you did what you felt was right. Try not to be too hard on yourself. HUGS sweetie! Hang in there!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Re: SHERI!!! new
      #147993 - 02/08/05 07:48 PM
Sara-Sage

Sheri,

It's good that you don't live together as that REALLY complicates things. if we didn't live together, I would have already left. No kidding.

You need to make some friends and try be independant. My BF and I did break up for 6 months at one point and I felt so good after we went our seperate ways. But we ran into each other one night and both had too many beers and the rest is history...

We did start thinking about this around the same time. You're right. Sheri, you will be ok. It's good that it wasn't a messy break up. Plus, I think breaking up because there's no spark is a prety good reason to end things!

Good luck at your interview. Try to put on a happy face.

Big hugs. if you ever want to email me, here's my address: tina.spafford@ottawa.ca

Email me any time, ok!

Good luck at your interview!

#147995 - 02/08/05 07:50 PM
Sara-Sage

Yes and post a hot new picture of yourself!

One more thing... new
      #147997 - 02/08/05 07:55 PM
Sara-Sage

If you guys don't live together and he was only going over on weekends and still not giving you what you needed then you should be happy that you made the right decision. Sex is important.

#147999 - 02/08/05 08:39 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

Hey Sheri-

breakups suck.. but it sounds like you guys are making yours as civil as possible.. I honestly think you made great decision.. because honestly.. like you said.. interestingly enough the same problem came back up a few months later. I honestly believe, from alot of experience, that most problems like that don't get solved or go away.. things may get better and lovely for awhile.. but they almost always come back no fail.

you are still so young and its better to break the cycle now, if its not meant to be.

oh and as for the kisses and makeout sessions.. my dad and mom (married 25 years) still make out and my dad grabs her butt and thinks she's the hottest thing in the world. Because of them, I won' t settle for anything less, and I don't think that that is a bad thing!

--------------------

Oh no. I'm so sorry. new
      #148008 - 02/08/05 11:14 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

But if he wasn't right for you you did the right thing. It doesn't matter what time of year it is, it's still right. And no matter how great he was if he wasn't romantic enough then you need to be open to find someone who is. Break ups are awful though whether you've broken up with them or vice versa. I hope you are okay, and if you're feeling sad we're all here for you. Big hugs.

--------------------
Amy

you'll meet the right person yet... new
      #148027 - 02/09/05 01:18 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

and as someone told me years ago.. and I have seen it proven a few times.. dont' jump into a relationship again just because you've never been single before- enjoy being single.. then when you do meet the right guy, it will be truly meaningful and you'll know it.. you should never have to change a guy to suit your needs- just won't happen... and you can't expect it.. so it sounds like you did the right thing, though it was probably as bad as my ex boss and I having to can someone on orders from higher up in the company on Christmas Eve a few years back.

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Ashley new
      #148033 - 02/09/05 02:48 AM
Sara-Sage

Wow, that is great to hear about your parents! I want that too!

#148035 - 02/09/05 02:53 AM
Sara-Sage

Sheri, I just looked at your profile and see that you are just 21. You made the right decison!!! Since you are so young, these are these years that you should date several different people and not be tied down to one guy who isn't even what you're looking for.

#148036 - 02/09/05 03:08 AM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Sheri, I am sure the last person you want to hear from is a guy but I hope you don't mind... Tina is right, you're still a young gal.. You will find many more guys that will sweep you off your feet or maybe you'll sweep them off their feet...

--------------------

#148040 - 02/09/05 03:32 AM
Sara-Sage

That's right Tommy!

Sheri, you never know what can happen in life!

#148056 - 02/09/05 05:25 AM
TommyNY

Thanks Tina... Its true you never know who may walk into your life when you least expect it. If there is anything I've learned in my near 29 years on this earth is this "expect the unexpected."

--------------------

#148063 - 02/09/05 06:04 AM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

First take a deep breathe.

If you've been feeling this for a while (and it sounds like you have) then you did the right thing by breaking up with him rather than dragging it out for even longer.

Of course you're going to be upset and miss him. You guys were together for a long time!! Just be strong and I promise you after a week or two you'll feel so much better!

Get together with your girlfriends to take your mind off things. Keep busy!!

Remember we're always here for you!! *HUGS*

#148068 - 02/09/05 06:17 AM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

Hi Sheri...wow, I totally remember what it feels like to be where you are right now. Its hard. But tell me...do you feel inside somewhere, a weight being lifted off you by the sheer power of true honesty? something is telling you this relationship isn't right for you..so just go with it...be true to yourself. a period of no contact with him will probably be best. how did he feel about it? you should be proud of yourself for being in tune with your ultimate goals for what you want in a man!! Hugs...

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

#148069 - 02/09/05 06:18 AM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hi Sheri,

I'm sorry you are feeling bad. I agree with the others that you are still so young and have plenty of time to find the right person. It's good that you can still enjoy a friendship with Chris, though. It would have been a lot worse if you had ended it on a bad note!

Just try to keep yourself busy and hang in there.

Barbie

--------------------

#148103 - 02/09/05 08:06 AM
Sara-Sage

Yes!

#148109 - 02/09/05 08:22 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I was dating the NICEST guy in the world. Romantic, sweet, etc. But something just "went away" and I had to break up with him cause he wasn't the right person for me. And I needed to be with the right person.

Are you sure the only thing was that you needed him to be more romantic? My husband is a WONDERFUL man...but he never buys me flowers, etc. So I buy em' for myself! LOL No joke! i buy myself cards, etc. I buy myself gifts and I am "romantic" for myself. I know my hubby loves me more than anything even though he doesn't know how to express it....

Anyhow...you have to do what is best for you no matter what!

What do you do now? Feel the pain. Cry. Call your friends. Post on the boards. Feel awful for a while. Time DOES heal things...but you're not going to feel good right now. That's because you're a sensative, caring person and you are not only hurting but someone you care about is hurting too. PLEASE give yourself time with this. Go get a facial. Throw a sleep over party. On V-day do something for YOU that will make you happy. If you like reading...buy a new book. If you like art...start a project or work on whatever you;re doing. Take time to indulge in yourself. You're worth it!

Don't feel bad for the timing of the break up. I got broken up with on V-day before. (The guy was rotten but for other reasons....). It doesn't matter WHEN it happens...it hurts no matter what. You needed to do this for yourself! PLEASE don't feel guilty. (Only one thing to consider though: Maybe he had something planned for V-day and you were afraid he WOULD be romantic and then you would "have" to stay with him? Maybe there are other things too? Just a thought).

You didn't do anything wrong. On the contrary. You are VERY brave and you took care of yourself and did what would be best for both of you.

You're VERY strong Sheri! And remember...we love ya and we're always here for you, ok? Keep posting and venting and crying and whatever...cause we care!

Love,
Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Ruchie new
      #148113 - 02/09/05 08:28 AM
Sara-Sage

I have to buy myself flowers too! And really great advice to Sheri, Ruchie!

I agre with the timing. I once got broken up with the day before my birthday (current BF). That was a low blow!

I'm sure next year you'll have some romantic guy on Valentine's day!

Sheri new
      #148114 - 02/09/05 08:30 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

I don't have any words of wisdom for you. I just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you. I know this is hard for you, but only you know what is best for yourself. Follow your heart!

And as an old married woman, hey, being single sounds fun!!! Enjoy it for awhile! Here's a drink on me!

#148122 - 02/09/05 09:04 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

So sorry sweetie, I know its rough right now but it will get better. Don't doubt yourself, its not like these feelings that the relationship wasn't right just popped up over night. You will find the right guy. Take some time and enjoy YOU. Find a new hobby. Hang out with some girlfriends. Remember, there is a big difference between being alone and being lonely! Hugs to you!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Wow Sheri! new
      #148164 - 02/09/05 10:48 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Girl, you've showed a lot of guts. Good for you. You deserve the best life has to offer, and if that picture doesn't include Chris, well kudos to you for stepping up and doing what's best for yourself!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS!}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Doesn't valentine's day really bring this out? I've had my fair share over vd too, so been there, sistah! I'm sending good thoughts your way, and I know you're not going to stay single for long, having had the pleasure of meeting you in person. You're such a great, pretty girl and you have the world at your feet. Lots of love to you!!

~nelly~

AShely new
      #148169 - 02/09/05 11:06 AM
Sheri01

yeah, you are right, if these types of things are a problem, they often stay that way! I am glad that we are both grown up to realize that we are just in differnet places right now and are not a good fit for each other.
That is great about your mom and dad, that is what I want! And I know one day that I will find it, and actually I don't WANT to find it for awhile, because I am not ready to settle in!
Thanks for your support

--------------------
-Sheri

Amy new
      #148171 - 02/09/05 11:09 AM
Sheri01

Thanks for realizing that break ups are hard either way! Us breaker-uppers never get sympathy, but as we were talking, Chris made it sound like he was unhappy with me, too, so he should have broken up with me in that case! That is why we are counting this as mutual. he even admitted to me that he is a "codependent" and that is why. I need someone stronger, and more full of life.
I am not feeling sad now, but I know I will come Friday or Saturday night!

--------------------
-Sheri

Sheri new
      #148173 - 02/09/05 11:12 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

No problem anytime!

As for my mom and dad.. its great and I know I'll never stop looking for that either. I mean when we were little kids my brother and sister and I would pretend to puke whenever they would start kissing and making out in the kitchen, but now we can appreciate it.. and if anything its made us more picky about who we settle down with, because we have seen everyday what is possible.

--------------------

Amie new
      #148175 - 02/09/05 11:14 AM
Sheri01

oh yes, I will enjoy being single! I honestly am not gonna have TIME for a BF if I wanted another one! I am also not someone that "looks" for BFs. I used to never jump from guy to guy when I was younger, it is just how things worked out from my first post high school serious BF, to the next one (my last one). Chris is the only guy I ever dated that wasn't a loser, so this makes it tough cause I am letting a great guy go. But he is not a great guy for me and that is what matters.
It worried me when we got together that I went from one BF to the next, but I didn't want to wait and him find someone else, he had been single for a long time at that point.
Since he kinda wanted it too and since he kinda initiated our last 'uncomfortableness' (not quite an argument)- I don't think timing was too bad for him. He is not into Valentine's Day anyways. and since it is on Monday we will be both busy with work and school.
Thanks for your post!
All of you have been really helping!

--------------------
-Sheri

#148176 - 02/09/05 11:17 AM
Sheri01

Thanks Tommy, and I never mind hearing the male perspective!
I guess the only thing bugging me is that I let such a good guy go, but if we weren't compatable, then we weren't meant to be. I am not used to having to go through this situation so it just feels alittle weird. And I have no doubt that i will find *that* guy one day. Like I said in another post, I don't want it quite yet, though, I am too young to top out at the best person for me too soon!
Thanks for the support Tommy, you really take care of all of us gals!

--------------------
-Sheri

Kimm new
      #148180 - 02/09/05 11:22 AM
Sheri01

That is right, I felt like I was dragging him along and that it wasn't fair. It would be easy to stay with someone that was still a friend, just for convenience. But what would happen when i met *someone*, would I get rid of him then? That wouldn't be cool at all. I would never do that to someone I cared about, so I thought this was best for him and me.

You are right, iwill feel better! Saturday night things will really kick in, I never spent a weekend alone in my apt. Fridays get so busy I will pass right out, but saturday.. I already talked to my mom and Imay sleep over my parents house, and i may go out with my sister if she is not working. Then the next weekend I am going to a friend's in Norht Jersey, AND i have plenty of homework, so I will be in good shape I think

Thanks for the help!

--------------------
-Sheri

barbie new
      #148182 - 02/09/05 11:25 AM
Sheri01

it is kinda a double edged sword, I think. If we weren't getting along and hated each other, things may be easier. I would feel like "good riddance!" and not miss him at all.

yes, oh boy am I busy! I took the day off from work (already planned) and got barely any thing done that I wanted to.
Ithink I am holding up quite well, though!

--------------------
-Sheri

dalia new
      #148184 - 02/09/05 11:28 AM
Sheri01

Yes, you hit everything on the nose! I hate being dishonest, and I feel alot better now. I thought I would be a mess today, but I am not . I think it is because I felt lonely with him anyways, or atleast lately.
I am coming to terms with things today, and am feeling alot better. I think this was the right time and I am proud of myslef for doing what needed to be done, even though it was hard

Nice to hear from you

--------------------
-Sheri

I just have to say... new
      #148185 - 02/09/05 11:28 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

Sheri, I think you are dealing with this quite well! I've read all of your responses and you seem to be a very healthy individual. I'm so glad that you feel as though you and he did the right thing by calling it quits, and that you're both on the same page. Good luck this weekend... we're here for you if you need us!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Ruchie new
      #148186 - 02/09/05 11:31 AM
Sheri01

I agree with Tina, nice advice Ruchie! I think I am coping well. I love having 'me' alone time, so this is going to be ok. I do believe my main problem was the *spark*, because if it was just him not being romantic Iwould have tgotten over that. I like that I will be so busy on V_day, Iwon't even know what day it is!
Thanks for your support, nice to know that you are all here!

--------------------
-Sheri

BL new
      #148187 - 02/09/05 11:33 AM
Sheri01

Thanks, and I will have a *Couple* drinks for you! I am one of the IBSers that can still drink quite often, remember?

--------------------
-Sheri

Michelle new
      #148188 - 02/09/05 11:35 AM
Sheri01

I like that! "remember there is a difference between being alone and being lonely" I will remember that one!
I will pull through this, thanks for that nugget of wisdom

--------------------
-Sheri

Re: Wow Sheri! new
      #148191 - 02/09/05 11:40 AM
Sheri01

Aw, Nelly, you are making me blush!
Yes, I thought this was not vday related, but maybe it is. The problem we were having started right before vday two years ago, our first one. and still comes up every couple of months, i go through a stressful argument with him, almost breakup, then he promises things would be different and we would wind up back together.
I am changing everything else Idon't like about my life, I guess it was time to change this too!
I think I am gonna like this being single stuff, and although i need a guy break for alittle while, I can't wait to find a guy that will be right for me when the time comes!

--------------------
-Sheri

Thanks Rachel! new
      #148192 - 02/09/05 11:41 AM
Sheri01

It makes my day to see that someone can see those good things in me!
Thanks again!

--------------------
-Sheri

#148510 - 02/10/05 07:50 AM
Nelly

I'm telling you, you probably have interested guys circling you right now you never dreamed were interested. How about this trainer guy? Fancy him? I just know after this weekend out on the town you're going to have to swat them off like flies!!!!!

~nelly~

#148550 - 02/10/05 09:27 AM
Sheri01

Agh- no, I have been so 'over' the trainer guy thing. He is way too old for me, and I think he may be gay. That crush fizzled fast, thankfully!
Hhmmm... I know that it won't be too hard to find guys to flirt with, even when I went out with Chris to places if he left me alone for alittle while the guys would start making their way to me. I am not quite looking to jump in another guys lap quite yet, I have to concern myself with school, and my new job/volunteer oppurtunies.
I just have a hard time thinking that guys could like me sometimes, or decent ones atleast, since I have ugly duckling syndrome. I grew up alot the last couple years, and now I know that I AM attractive, but it is hard to get used to having the self esteem to go along with it, if you know what I am saying!
Oh, and it is NEXT weekend I am going away, so I am hoping I make it through this weekend ok. I may stay with my parents and go out with my sister (she is about my age and single too) to distract myself.
You have to stop flattering me, I am gonna get a big head!

P.S.- I dressed 'cute' to work today because afterwards I am going straight to my pysch class and that is the class with 'cute tattoo guy'

--------------------
-Sheri

Edited by Sheri01 (02/10/05 09:28 AM)

Re: Your Welcome! new
      #148577 - 02/10/05 11:04 AM
michele

I had a difficult life and went from one bad situation to another, especially when it came to men. I ALWAYS had to have a boyfriend, even if he was a bad one, I think because I was always afraid of being alone. When I was in my mid-20's, things got super bad. I was living with a physically and mentally abusive man, addicted to drugs and often had thoughts of sucicide because I just didn't see any way out.

Well, one day after a long drug binge, I looked in the mirror and saw a very pathetic girl with an extremely swellon black eye. That was it. I filed for a restraining order (which didn't do any good) but eventually got out of the abusive situation and cleaned myself up. For many months, I didn't do much except go to work. I rented a LOT of movies, had the cleanest house in the world and just got to know MYSELF. It was very hard at first. I was afraid to be home alone, literally afraid of the dark. That took some time, even today I sleep with a night light . Anyway, I came to the realization that until I LOVED myself, no one else was going to love me. I realized that just because I was alone, didn't mean I had to be lonely.

Eventually, I started to branch out, dated a bit and one day decided to move 2 hours away and make a complete fresh start. A month after I moved, I met Will, we were married a year later! That was 5 years ago!

Anyway, my point is, take some time for you. Get to know you. Figure out what is REALLY important to you. What is really important in a mate. Find happiness in yourself and everything else will fall into place!

--------------------

Sheri? new
      #148580 - 02/10/05 11:10 AM
Sara-Sage

Sheri, who is cute tattoo boy?

sheri new
      #148634 - 02/10/05 01:10 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

just want to say I am sorry that you are feeling bad about this but you should feel no guilt. You are young and the last thing you need is to be in a relationship that you are not getting the most you possibly can out of.

Enjoy being single for a while and have some fun!

--------------------
S.

#148638 - 02/10/05 01:16 PM
Nelly

You know what? I think people who have ugly duck syndrome are the most beautiful. Course I'm biased cos I am one too. Gotta dig up a picture to show you guys, but I'd definitely win the dog prize!!

There's nothing like a chick who peaked at 16 and has no personality to show for it! Or looks left, either!! Count yourself special you were a late bloomer. My DBF is one too and there's no way I could have gotten my hands on him if he hadn't been a prince who thought he was a frog!

But you don't need compliments from me! I'm just stating the obvious again, that's all! ALl us late bloomers have to stick together!!

~nelly~

Sheri! Tell us about cute tattoo guy!! -nt- new
      #148640 - 02/10/05 01:19 PM
Nelly

~nelly~

Michele new
      #148642 - 02/10/05 01:21 PM
Nelly

Michele, all your trials and triumphs make you really beautiful.

~nelly~

Nelly new
      #148643 - 02/10/05 01:21 PM
Sara-Sage

You are no ugly duck Nelly! And youa re not either Sheri!

Re: Aw Nelly new
      #148669 - 02/10/05 02:11 PM
michele

Thanks! Your too kind! I truely believe overcoming all that I have has made me a much stronger women! Hasn't done much for my tummy though!

--------------------

Michele new
      #148672 - 02/10/05 02:15 PM
Nelly

Isn't it horrible when your tummy absorbs all the stress?? I feel like the Picture of Dorian Gray sometimes, with my stomach and guts rotting away and everything else on the surface showing no signs of injury! No, really i tell people, I'm sick!! *sigh*

~nelly~

Re: Michele new
      #148676 - 02/10/05 02:17 PM
Sara-Sage

I know. When I have bad IBS days, I tell my friends. And they look at me and say "What, you look fine!"

#148679 - 02/10/05 02:20 PM
michele

Yeah, its hard to explain to others just how much pain your tummy can cause you when you look ok! If only they knew....

--------------------

Tina new
      #148682 - 02/10/05 02:22 PM
Nelly

Don't you HATE that??????? I actually got in trouble for lying down at a conference like 6 years ago. The horrible supervisor told me afterwards that everybody was looking for me, and this other girl was pregnant and SHE was there.

I'm like I'm not pregnant, you B*TCH, I'm SICK! Idiot. IDIOT! Makes me so mad. Sorry. Calming down now.

~nelly~

Nelly! new
      #148685 - 02/10/05 02:25 PM
Sara-Sage

Yes it does make me mad!!! Even when I am sick with a cold or the flu people always tell me I look 'fine'. Uh, no, I have a fever and sneezing and have body aches. I guess I should go in without makeup and not style my hair and maybe then they'd believe me!

But the IBS is the worst. How can you look like you have awful cramps and 'd'.? What does that even look like???

Deep breaths Nelly.

HEY- How's the yoga going? And did you see my post about my BF and I also having seperate bedrooms???

YES! new
      #148688 - 02/10/05 02:29 PM
Nelly

I saw that! It makes me realize that #1: I'm not alone and #2: there are some SMART chicas on this board!!

I totally missed yoga this week. I have to do some on my floor to catch up! I've been trying to get my mom into it as well, tho I'm not calling it "yogy" just "stretching." Don't want to put her off by the new-aginess.

~nelly~

Re: YES! new
      #148702 - 02/10/05 02:53 PM
Sara-Sage

Glad you saw it! Funny stuff, huh!?

I am missing yoga tonight as I was off sick today. I'll ahve to make up for it on the weekend and do a dvd instead.

Cute tattoo guy... new
      #148775 - 02/10/05 06:04 PM
Sheri01

A guy in my intro to psychology class! He has ALOT Of tattoos though, and very visible like on his neck and fingers. He has those guaged ear things, too, which I don't mind, but he had them out tonight and you could see the big holes in his mishappen ears and that looked alittle weird.
I got to talk to him for alittle, we are trading articles for a paper we have to do (we have to do so many articles on different areas of psych, and we had different topics, this will keep us from going to the library again).
Just about the paper, nothing personal. he is friendly and talks to people you think a guy that looks like him wouldn't talk to!
And he is VERY polite, when the whole class went over to the library a couple weeks ago, we kept getting to the doors at the same time, and he would open them for me
And he hates the cold, too! HE seems smart and like a dedicated student, just like me. I think I heard him say that he is a tattooist. If he is, I can start a convo with him cause I was thinking of getting another and Icould 'need his professional opinion"
But, it probably will amount to nothing, I am just a secret admirer, don't even know what his name is!
I wish I sat near him, but he sits farthest away from me as possible, and we are kinda settled in our seats now, and I don't want to take someone else's... I may start making my way up.
I am so boy crazy right now I can't stand it!
I met a police officer at the school I toured yesterday (probably work there in the summer) and he was soooo hot! And if I do get the temp job, I will get to work with him probably
Somebody stop me! I think I am purposely getting attracted to the types of guys that would just be flings, cause I am NOWHERE near ready for a relationship... I never had an adult fling before! I have been in serious relationships since before I was 18! I don't want to sound like a 'ho', but the possibilities seem endless and there is just so much fun to be had! (I don't mean that I want to have sex with alot of guys, I would never be that type of girl!) I can't wait to go to philly on saturday, I never went to any bars or clubs there.

--------------------
-Sheri

Re: Nelly new
      #148794 - 02/10/05 06:31 PM
Sheri01

No, no, no Tina! Ugly duck syndrom is about the fairy tale. The one duck was uglier than all the other ducklets, then when he grew up, he grew into a beautiful swan, and the other ducks were just ducks. But, UDS applied to people is that you grow up as an ugly or awkward kid, then the glasses and braces come off, you either lose or gain weight, you grow into your nose, and BAM! You are twenty and beautiful , but still humble, or sometimes have low selfesteem (hopefully not), becuase you had to build character cause you couldn't get around just on looks, cause you didn't have any! You also don't act like you are 'all that', cause you don't realize you are attractive. I mean you can tell, but it is hard. Like, I have to tell myslef that I am a goodlooking chick, cause I still see myself as hideous. UDS people are the real gems to find i think there was a scene in "Shallow Hal" that explained the concept. Yo umay have known all this, sorry if I misunderstood!
thanks for the compliment, i love hearing that i am not an ugly duck

--------------------
-Sheri

#148796 - 02/10/05 06:33 PM
Sheri01

I agree! Michelle, you have sure been through the wringer, but you are one h@3l of a woman!

--------------------
-Sheri

Re: Nelly new
      #148797 - 02/10/05 06:34 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

My brother calls that "reformed fat girl syndrome." According to him, fat girls always have the best personalities, so funny, bubbly, etc ... and then when they grow up and grow out of their weight, they still have the same personality but are also hot and low-maintenance. And yes, my SIL is a reformed fat girl. Unfortunately, my brother is a non-reformed fat guy ....

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Rock on, grl!! new
      #148809 - 02/10/05 06:51 PM
Nelly

Cool tattoo guy!! You must find out his name! You know there's a trick I used to meet cops when I was in college-- go for ride-alongs. The guys are sooo nice, and if you get a cute one he 'll ask you out with his cop buddies after his shift. Course you have to go from like 12am to 5am, but you sit in the passenger seat and waatch him pull over speeders, drunk people andrespond to calls like kids smoking pot in the dorms.

The cops are really nice, the ones who participate in the programs, and they usually go out to a diner after their shift with the other guys. I've actually had a cute cop ask me, So, have you ever been in handcuffs before? To which the proper answer is: No, not outside the realms of erotic behavior!! The cop smiled and goes: Me too! LOL!!!!!!! True story!!

Plus, if you ever get pulled over, now you know the cops!! Works all around!!

Well, not that you need my help anyway!

~nelly~

Oops Sheri - thanks for the explanation! -nt- new
      #148812 - 02/10/05 06:58 PM
Sara-Sage

Re: Cute tattoo guy... new
      #148813 - 02/10/05 06:59 PM
Sara-Sage

Ha ha Sheri! Have some fun!

#148820 - 02/10/05 07:09 PM
jenniferlynn

Reged: 02/10/05
Loc: Pittsburgh, PA

I just recently got out of a 5 year relationship. I was engaged for 2, and we have a house together. We had set a date for the wedding and everything. He came to me and said he wasn't ready for marriage? How can you buy a house with someone and propose and not be ready?

We still live in the same house together...we have no choice until we sell. I will be alone for the first time on valentine's day too. Mine is just like yours, a great guy, but not the right guy. It sucks right now...things do get better!

Too bad you don't live closer...we could have a girls nite!
Keep your head up and stay positive.

Re: Rock on, grl!! new
      #148821 - 02/10/05 07:11 PM
TommyNY

Ahhh the advantages of being a female... My good looks don't get me that far with the police... I mean not that I get into trouble all that often... I swear, hey the new job hired me, my record is clean d@mmit!... well except for that incident in Ireland but that was a long time ago well past the statute of limitations.... JK!!

--------------------

#148837 - 02/10/05 08:10 PM
Sheri01

That is true Jennifer, that stinks you don't live closer! Wow, just read your profile, you were with your ex since you were young, about 19ish?
I don't know what the nearest happening city is to you, but this weekend my sis is taking me to Philly, and next weekend a friend is taking me to Hoboken and NYC. You should do same/similiar... you need to get out and clear your head about things!
I really feel for you, you can't *fully* get over him til you both can move out. You need that seperation to move on. maybe stay the weekend at a buddy's or a parent's? Another trick I am doing to cope...
Good luck

--------------------
-Sheri

JenniferLynn new
      #148844 - 02/10/05 09:01 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Hey, So sorry to hear about your breakup.. sounds like a drag as well.

I was noticing that you are 24 and from pittsburgh. I'm from upper st. clair and will be 24 in august. Where in pgh are you from? (I'm in boston now for school, but went to highschool in usc)

--------------------

#148850 - 02/10/05 10:00 PM
RGS

Reged: 07/13/04
Loc: Queensland, Australia

Hi, i can relate to your situation, I have this theory that having to put up with IBS all my life, i constantly look for other areas in my life to be maybe not perfect, but really how i want them to be to compensate. This certainly has affected relationships. I constantly find myself yearning for that elusive soul mate. I consider that while my peers were out confidently getting this all sorted and settling down, i was waging the IBS battle. Sometimes feel a little cheated. Just my thoughts, maybe way off track.
Ralph

Re: JenniferLynn new
      #148921 - 02/11/05 08:08 AM
jenniferlynn

Reged: 02/10/05
Loc: Pittsburgh, PA

I live in Munhall now. I went to Allderdice High School. Thanks.

Re: JenniferLynn new
      #149888 - 02/14/05 10:55 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

oh really awesome.. I used to play field hockey and lacrosse in highschool and we played allderdice!

--------------------

#152888 - 02/22/05 12:06 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

I can't beleive I missed this whole thread!!

I'm guessing from the new pics of you that you are doing well.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 263 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 19848

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review