All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
Michelle new
      #148188 - 02/09/05 11:35 AM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

I like that! "remember there is a difference between being alone and being lonely" I will remember that one!
I will pull through this, thanks for that nugget of wisdom

--------------------
-Sheri

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Wow Sheri! new
      #148191 - 02/09/05 11:40 AM
Sheri01

Aw, Nelly, you are making me blush!
Yes, I thought this was not vday related, but maybe it is. The problem we were having started right before vday two years ago, our first one. and still comes up every couple of months, i go through a stressful argument with him, almost breakup, then he promises things would be different and we would wind up back together.
I am changing everything else Idon't like about my life, I guess it was time to change this too!
I think I am gonna like this being single stuff, and although i need a guy break for alittle while, I can't wait to find a guy that will be right for me when the time comes!

--------------------
-Sheri

Thanks Rachel! new
      #148192 - 02/09/05 11:41 AM
Sheri01

It makes my day to see that someone can see those good things in me!
Thanks again!

--------------------
-Sheri

#148510 - 02/10/05 07:50 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I'm telling you, you probably have interested guys circling you right now you never dreamed were interested. How about this trainer guy? Fancy him? I just know after this weekend out on the town you're going to have to swat them off like flies!!!!!

~nelly~

#148550 - 02/10/05 09:27 AM
Sheri01

Agh- no, I have been so 'over' the trainer guy thing. He is way too old for me, and I think he may be gay. That crush fizzled fast, thankfully!
Hhmmm... I know that it won't be too hard to find guys to flirt with, even when I went out with Chris to places if he left me alone for alittle while the guys would start making their way to me. I am not quite looking to jump in another guys lap quite yet, I have to concern myself with school, and my new job/volunteer oppurtunies.
I just have a hard time thinking that guys could like me sometimes, or decent ones atleast, since I have ugly duckling syndrome. I grew up alot the last couple years, and now I know that I AM attractive, but it is hard to get used to having the self esteem to go along with it, if you know what I am saying!
Oh, and it is NEXT weekend I am going away, so I am hoping I make it through this weekend ok. I may stay with my parents and go out with my sister (she is about my age and single too) to distract myself.
You have to stop flattering me, I am gonna get a big head!

P.S.- I dressed 'cute' to work today because afterwards I am going straight to my pysch class and that is the class with 'cute tattoo guy'

--------------------
-Sheri

Edited by Sheri01 (02/10/05 09:28 AM)

Re: Your Welcome! new
      #148577 - 02/10/05 11:04 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I had a difficult life and went from one bad situation to another, especially when it came to men. I ALWAYS had to have a boyfriend, even if he was a bad one, I think because I was always afraid of being alone. When I was in my mid-20's, things got super bad. I was living with a physically and mentally abusive man, addicted to drugs and often had thoughts of sucicide because I just didn't see any way out.

Well, one day after a long drug binge, I looked in the mirror and saw a very pathetic girl with an extremely swellon black eye. That was it. I filed for a restraining order (which didn't do any good) but eventually got out of the abusive situation and cleaned myself up. For many months, I didn't do much except go to work. I rented a LOT of movies, had the cleanest house in the world and just got to know MYSELF. It was very hard at first. I was afraid to be home alone, literally afraid of the dark. That took some time, even today I sleep with a night light . Anyway, I came to the realization that until I LOVED myself, no one else was going to love me. I realized that just because I was alone, didn't mean I had to be lonely.

Eventually, I started to branch out, dated a bit and one day decided to move 2 hours away and make a complete fresh start. A month after I moved, I met Will, we were married a year later! That was 5 years ago!

Anyway, my point is, take some time for you. Get to know you. Figure out what is REALLY important to you. What is really important in a mate. Find happiness in yourself and everything else will fall into place!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Sheri? new
      #148580 - 02/10/05 11:10 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Sheri, who is cute tattoo boy?

sheri new
      #148634 - 02/10/05 01:10 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

just want to say I am sorry that you are feeling bad about this but you should feel no guilt. You are young and the last thing you need is to be in a relationship that you are not getting the most you possibly can out of.

Enjoy being single for a while and have some fun!

--------------------
S.

#148638 - 02/10/05 01:16 PM
Nelly

You know what? I think people who have ugly duck syndrome are the most beautiful. Course I'm biased cos I am one too. Gotta dig up a picture to show you guys, but I'd definitely win the dog prize!!

There's nothing like a chick who peaked at 16 and has no personality to show for it! Or looks left, either!! Count yourself special you were a late bloomer. My DBF is one too and there's no way I could have gotten my hands on him if he hadn't been a prince who thought he was a frog!

But you don't need compliments from me! I'm just stating the obvious again, that's all! ALl us late bloomers have to stick together!!

~nelly~

Sheri! Tell us about cute tattoo guy!! -nt- new
      #148640 - 02/10/05 01:19 PM
Nelly

~nelly~

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 878 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 20117

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review