All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
Amy new
      #148171 - 02/09/05 11:09 AM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

Thanks for realizing that break ups are hard either way! Us breaker-uppers never get sympathy, but as we were talking, Chris made it sound like he was unhappy with me, too, so he should have broken up with me in that case! That is why we are counting this as mutual. he even admitted to me that he is a "codependent" and that is why. I need someone stronger, and more full of life.
I am not feeling sad now, but I know I will come Friday or Saturday night!

--------------------
-Sheri

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Sheri new
      #148173 - 02/09/05 11:12 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

No problem anytime!

As for my mom and dad.. its great and I know I'll never stop looking for that either. I mean when we were little kids my brother and sister and I would pretend to puke whenever they would start kissing and making out in the kitchen, but now we can appreciate it.. and if anything its made us more picky about who we settle down with, because we have seen everyday what is possible.

--------------------

Amie new
      #148175 - 02/09/05 11:14 AM
Sheri01

oh yes, I will enjoy being single! I honestly am not gonna have TIME for a BF if I wanted another one! I am also not someone that "looks" for BFs. I used to never jump from guy to guy when I was younger, it is just how things worked out from my first post high school serious BF, to the next one (my last one). Chris is the only guy I ever dated that wasn't a loser, so this makes it tough cause I am letting a great guy go. But he is not a great guy for me and that is what matters.
It worried me when we got together that I went from one BF to the next, but I didn't want to wait and him find someone else, he had been single for a long time at that point.
Since he kinda wanted it too and since he kinda initiated our last 'uncomfortableness' (not quite an argument)- I don't think timing was too bad for him. He is not into Valentine's Day anyways. and since it is on Monday we will be both busy with work and school.
Thanks for your post!
All of you have been really helping!

--------------------
-Sheri

Re: What did I do? new
      #148176 - 02/09/05 11:17 AM
Sheri01

Thanks Tommy, and I never mind hearing the male perspective!
I guess the only thing bugging me is that I let such a good guy go, but if we weren't compatable, then we weren't meant to be. I am not used to having to go through this situation so it just feels alittle weird. And I have no doubt that i will find *that* guy one day. Like I said in another post, I don't want it quite yet, though, I am too young to top out at the best person for me too soon!
Thanks for the support Tommy, you really take care of all of us gals!

--------------------
-Sheri

Kimm new
      #148180 - 02/09/05 11:22 AM
Sheri01

That is right, I felt like I was dragging him along and that it wasn't fair. It would be easy to stay with someone that was still a friend, just for convenience. But what would happen when i met *someone*, would I get rid of him then? That wouldn't be cool at all. I would never do that to someone I cared about, so I thought this was best for him and me.

You are right, iwill feel better! Saturday night things will really kick in, I never spent a weekend alone in my apt. Fridays get so busy I will pass right out, but saturday.. I already talked to my mom and Imay sleep over my parents house, and i may go out with my sister if she is not working. Then the next weekend I am going to a friend's in Norht Jersey, AND i have plenty of homework, so I will be in good shape I think

Thanks for the help!

--------------------
-Sheri

barbie new
      #148182 - 02/09/05 11:25 AM
Sheri01

it is kinda a double edged sword, I think. If we weren't getting along and hated each other, things may be easier. I would feel like "good riddance!" and not miss him at all.

yes, oh boy am I busy! I took the day off from work (already planned) and got barely any thing done that I wanted to.
Ithink I am holding up quite well, though!

--------------------
-Sheri

dalia new
      #148184 - 02/09/05 11:28 AM
Sheri01

Yes, you hit everything on the nose! I hate being dishonest, and I feel alot better now. I thought I would be a mess today, but I am not . I think it is because I felt lonely with him anyways, or atleast lately.
I am coming to terms with things today, and am feeling alot better. I think this was the right time and I am proud of myslef for doing what needed to be done, even though it was hard

Nice to hear from you

--------------------
-Sheri

I just have to say... new
      #148185 - 02/09/05 11:28 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

Sheri, I think you are dealing with this quite well! I've read all of your responses and you seem to be a very healthy individual. I'm so glad that you feel as though you and he did the right thing by calling it quits, and that you're both on the same page. Good luck this weekend... we're here for you if you need us!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Ruchie new
      #148186 - 02/09/05 11:31 AM
Sheri01

I agree with Tina, nice advice Ruchie! I think I am coping well. I love having 'me' alone time, so this is going to be ok. I do believe my main problem was the *spark*, because if it was just him not being romantic Iwould have tgotten over that. I like that I will be so busy on V_day, Iwon't even know what day it is!
Thanks for your support, nice to know that you are all here!

--------------------
-Sheri

BL new
      #148187 - 02/09/05 11:33 AM
Sheri01

Thanks, and I will have a *Couple* drinks for you! I am one of the IBSers that can still drink quite often, remember?

--------------------
-Sheri

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 660 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 20118

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review