All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
What did I do?
      #147974 - 02/08/05 07:07 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

I just broke up with Chris tonight. This time it was for real. We are still friends, but still hurting. It is hard to break up with someone after two + years together for almost no reason. He wasn't a bad BF< just not what I needed. I NEED someone to be romantic and exciting. I have been waiting two years this week to give him chances to change, and he hasn't.
I gave up
Who dumps their bf right before valentine's day?
Oh, that's right, I do!
If there was a giant self destruct button for life, I would be compulsivly pushing it every couple of months, cause that is basically what I do!
Anyone have any words of wisdom to get me through this? I have not been single for more than a week since i was 17 years old and still in *gasp* high school.

--------------------
-Sheri

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What did I do? new
      #147977 - 02/08/05 07:12 PM

Unregistered

Aww Sheri I can't imagine what you're going through. Whether or not it was a good move for you to make considering your own needs and all, it doesn't make it any easier. Well if it makes you feel any better, my older brother and his girlfriend just broke up on Saturday night. It's good that you and Chris can still be friends. But don't feel bad about this because if it felt right then it was. There's no reason that you should have to settle. You're young and beautiful and there's plenty of time to meet someone that is just perfect for you and you'll know it when it happens.

Big big hugs and treat yourself to something nice

SHERI!!! new
      #147981 - 02/08/05 07:18 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Sheri!!! Wow.

You know what, I think you made the right decision. You were not happy. From my own experience, i could see that! I want to break up with mine too, you know. I have met someone else that is making me realize that my current BF isn't all that great!

I have not been single in years and years too! I think you're very pretty and still so young that you will find an ideal guy in no time. Why waste time with someone who doesn't do 'it' for you?

Valentine's day is just a stupid day. Don't worry about it. Buy yourself some flowers.

So what next? Are you going to move out?

HONEY!!!! new
      #147986 - 02/08/05 07:35 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

BIG HUGS!!! You did what you felt you needed to!! You can't make someone else happy if your not happy! You are a strong women and I know you will be ok! It will just take a little time!!!

BIG HUGE HUGS!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: SHERI!!! new
      #147987 - 02/08/05 07:35 PM
Sheri01

Oh, I live by myself, he just stays over one the weekend. Since we are still getting along we are chatting online to see how we are gonna split things up. The only *real* issue besides giving back cds and stuff is that our gym membership is together on one, i am gonna speak to the salesman. It is in Chris's name and he said that he doesn't mind keeping it together because he knows Iwon't stiff him on the money. I think it is a bad idea, he may just be trying to grasp at straws to keep me in his life but he is handling things well.
He is kinda unpredictable right now. He is eaither gonna get worse or get over me really quick. We'll see.
I already have plans to go out with a new friend (girl) from North Jersey (10 minutes from NYC) next weekend. We are going to Hoboken and NYC to go to clubs and stuff. It sounds like alot of fun. I will stay at her house. These are the types of things I need to be doing! I don't have really any friends at all, so this will be a real treat.
Funny thing is, I know I will be in bad shape this weekend when I am holed up in my apt all alone, but right now i feel SOOO good. I feel so liberated. I need this. I grew up alot since we started dating, and we are just not the same two people anymore, and not compatable in that way I guess.

Remember when we both started to go through this problem months ago? Weird it comes back up for both of us at the same times...
Good luck to you Tina, in deciding what is best for you. These things are so tough! Especially when you don't hate the person, I nver had a *nice * break up before.
This all had to happen the night before I have to go interview that woman at the school! And I still have to test out how to drive there, i have no idea where i am going.

--------------------
-Sheri

Re: What did I do? new
      #147989 - 02/08/05 07:38 PM
Sheri01

thanks Brittany, you settled me alittle! I am confident this is the right decision. AS much as it will hurt I am gonna tough through it, it is the only thing that is fair to both of us. Ut oh, I guess I will have to do somehitng about my profile pic... maybe i will steal someone's dig camera

--------------------
-Sheri

Re: HONEY!!!! new
      #147990 - 02/08/05 07:40 PM
Sheri01

Thanks for the hugs! You are right, I cannot make him happy if I am not happy.

BTW_ hope everything worked out with you and RIch, it sounds tough being a mommy!

--------------------
-Sheri

From the sounds of things... new
      #147991 - 02/08/05 07:44 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

... it sounds like you did the right thing. *big hugs* Like everyone else has said, you know what you need in a relationship, and there's no reason to settle for less.

Of course it'll hurt for a while, but you'll be fine.

Oh Sheri! new
      #147992 - 02/08/05 07:46 PM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

Unfortunately I don't have any words of wisdom. I've never really been in a situation where I was making a hard decision like this. I'm sure you did what you felt was right. Try not to be too hard on yourself. HUGS sweetie! Hang in there!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Re: SHERI!!! new
      #147993 - 02/08/05 07:48 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Sheri,

It's good that you don't live together as that REALLY complicates things. if we didn't live together, I would have already left. No kidding.

You need to make some friends and try be independant. My BF and I did break up for 6 months at one point and I felt so good after we went our seperate ways. But we ran into each other one night and both had too many beers and the rest is history...

We did start thinking about this around the same time. You're right. Sheri, you will be ok. It's good that it wasn't a messy break up. Plus, I think breaking up because there's no spark is a prety good reason to end things!

Good luck at your interview. Try to put on a happy face.

Big hugs. if you ever want to email me, here's my address: tina.spafford@ottawa.ca

Email me any time, ok!

Good luck at your interview!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 192 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 19854

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review