All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
Re: What did I do? new
      #148063 - 02/09/05 06:04 AM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

First take a deep breathe.

If you've been feeling this for a while (and it sounds like you have) then you did the right thing by breaking up with him rather than dragging it out for even longer.

Of course you're going to be upset and miss him. You guys were together for a long time!! Just be strong and I promise you after a week or two you'll feel so much better!

Get together with your girlfriends to take your mind off things. Keep busy!!

Remember we're always here for you!! *HUGS*

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#148068 - 02/09/05 06:17 AM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

Hi Sheri...wow, I totally remember what it feels like to be where you are right now. Its hard. But tell me...do you feel inside somewhere, a weight being lifted off you by the sheer power of true honesty? something is telling you this relationship isn't right for you..so just go with it...be true to yourself. a period of no contact with him will probably be best. how did he feel about it? you should be proud of yourself for being in tune with your ultimate goals for what you want in a man!! Hugs...

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

#148069 - 02/09/05 06:18 AM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hi Sheri,

I'm sorry you are feeling bad. I agree with the others that you are still so young and have plenty of time to find the right person. It's good that you can still enjoy a friendship with Chris, though. It would have been a lot worse if you had ended it on a bad note!

Just try to keep yourself busy and hang in there.

Barbie

--------------------

#148103 - 02/09/05 08:06 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Yes!

#148109 - 02/09/05 08:22 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I was dating the NICEST guy in the world. Romantic, sweet, etc. But something just "went away" and I had to break up with him cause he wasn't the right person for me. And I needed to be with the right person.

Are you sure the only thing was that you needed him to be more romantic? My husband is a WONDERFUL man...but he never buys me flowers, etc. So I buy em' for myself! LOL No joke! i buy myself cards, etc. I buy myself gifts and I am "romantic" for myself. I know my hubby loves me more than anything even though he doesn't know how to express it....

Anyhow...you have to do what is best for you no matter what!

What do you do now? Feel the pain. Cry. Call your friends. Post on the boards. Feel awful for a while. Time DOES heal things...but you're not going to feel good right now. That's because you're a sensative, caring person and you are not only hurting but someone you care about is hurting too. PLEASE give yourself time with this. Go get a facial. Throw a sleep over party. On V-day do something for YOU that will make you happy. If you like reading...buy a new book. If you like art...start a project or work on whatever you;re doing. Take time to indulge in yourself. You're worth it!

Don't feel bad for the timing of the break up. I got broken up with on V-day before. (The guy was rotten but for other reasons....). It doesn't matter WHEN it happens...it hurts no matter what. You needed to do this for yourself! PLEASE don't feel guilty. (Only one thing to consider though: Maybe he had something planned for V-day and you were afraid he WOULD be romantic and then you would "have" to stay with him? Maybe there are other things too? Just a thought).

You didn't do anything wrong. On the contrary. You are VERY brave and you took care of yourself and did what would be best for both of you.

You're VERY strong Sheri! And remember...we love ya and we're always here for you, ok? Keep posting and venting and crying and whatever...cause we care!

Love,
Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Ruchie new
      #148113 - 02/09/05 08:28 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

I have to buy myself flowers too! And really great advice to Sheri, Ruchie!

I agre with the timing. I once got broken up with the day before my birthday (current BF). That was a low blow!

I'm sure next year you'll have some romantic guy on Valentine's day!

Sheri new
      #148114 - 02/09/05 08:30 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

I don't have any words of wisdom for you. I just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you. I know this is hard for you, but only you know what is best for yourself. Follow your heart!

And as an old married woman, hey, being single sounds fun!!! Enjoy it for awhile! Here's a drink on me!

#148122 - 02/09/05 09:04 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

So sorry sweetie, I know its rough right now but it will get better. Don't doubt yourself, its not like these feelings that the relationship wasn't right just popped up over night. You will find the right guy. Take some time and enjoy YOU. Find a new hobby. Hang out with some girlfriends. Remember, there is a big difference between being alone and being lonely! Hugs to you!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Wow Sheri! new
      #148164 - 02/09/05 10:48 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Girl, you've showed a lot of guts. Good for you. You deserve the best life has to offer, and if that picture doesn't include Chris, well kudos to you for stepping up and doing what's best for yourself!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS!}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Doesn't valentine's day really bring this out? I've had my fair share over vd too, so been there, sistah! I'm sending good thoughts your way, and I know you're not going to stay single for long, having had the pleasure of meeting you in person. You're such a great, pretty girl and you have the world at your feet. Lots of love to you!!

~nelly~

AShely new
      #148169 - 02/09/05 11:06 AM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

yeah, you are right, if these types of things are a problem, they often stay that way! I am glad that we are both grown up to realize that we are just in differnet places right now and are not a good fit for each other.
That is great about your mom and dad, that is what I want! And I know one day that I will find it, and actually I don't WANT to find it for awhile, because I am not ready to settle in!
Thanks for your support

--------------------
-Sheri

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 211 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 20119

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review