All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
Re: What did I do? new
      #147995 - 02/08/05 07:50 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Yes and post a hot new picture of yourself!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

One more thing... new
      #147997 - 02/08/05 07:55 PM
Sara-Sage

If you guys don't live together and he was only going over on weekends and still not giving you what you needed then you should be happy that you made the right decision. Sex is important.

#147999 - 02/08/05 08:39 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

Hey Sheri-

breakups suck.. but it sounds like you guys are making yours as civil as possible.. I honestly think you made great decision.. because honestly.. like you said.. interestingly enough the same problem came back up a few months later. I honestly believe, from alot of experience, that most problems like that don't get solved or go away.. things may get better and lovely for awhile.. but they almost always come back no fail.

you are still so young and its better to break the cycle now, if its not meant to be.

oh and as for the kisses and makeout sessions.. my dad and mom (married 25 years) still make out and my dad grabs her butt and thinks she's the hottest thing in the world. Because of them, I won' t settle for anything less, and I don't think that that is a bad thing!

--------------------

Oh no. I'm so sorry. new
      #148008 - 02/08/05 11:14 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

But if he wasn't right for you you did the right thing. It doesn't matter what time of year it is, it's still right. And no matter how great he was if he wasn't romantic enough then you need to be open to find someone who is. Break ups are awful though whether you've broken up with them or vice versa. I hope you are okay, and if you're feeling sad we're all here for you. Big hugs.

--------------------
Amy

you'll meet the right person yet... new
      #148027 - 02/09/05 01:18 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

and as someone told me years ago.. and I have seen it proven a few times.. dont' jump into a relationship again just because you've never been single before- enjoy being single.. then when you do meet the right guy, it will be truly meaningful and you'll know it.. you should never have to change a guy to suit your needs- just won't happen... and you can't expect it.. so it sounds like you did the right thing, though it was probably as bad as my ex boss and I having to can someone on orders from higher up in the company on Christmas Eve a few years back.

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Ashley new
      #148033 - 02/09/05 02:48 AM
Sara-Sage

Wow, that is great to hear about your parents! I want that too!

#148035 - 02/09/05 02:53 AM
Sara-Sage

Sheri, I just looked at your profile and see that you are just 21. You made the right decison!!! Since you are so young, these are these years that you should date several different people and not be tied down to one guy who isn't even what you're looking for.

#148036 - 02/09/05 03:08 AM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Sheri, I am sure the last person you want to hear from is a guy but I hope you don't mind... Tina is right, you're still a young gal.. You will find many more guys that will sweep you off your feet or maybe you'll sweep them off their feet...

--------------------

#148040 - 02/09/05 03:32 AM
Sara-Sage

That's right Tommy!

Sheri, you never know what can happen in life!

#148056 - 02/09/05 05:25 AM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Thanks Tina... Its true you never know who may walk into your life when you least expect it. If there is anything I've learned in my near 29 years on this earth is this "expect the unexpected."

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1201 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 20120

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review