All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: Back from the doctor---I'm in shock new
      #146941 - 02/05/05 08:58 AM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Oh BL...I can't imagine how you must be feeling. I'd be a wreck too! I can't understand why doctors are that way. Knowing what's wrong but giving you no inclination of what it is. Maybe he just wants to be sure what really is wrong instead of worrying you. (too late for that though huh!)

I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers that all results come back fine! Take care and try not to worry!!!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Gayla new
      #146942 - 02/05/05 08:59 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Gayla, thank you. You are so sweet to be thinking of me when your family is going through such a hard time.

Thankfully, I started back on my BP med several weeks ago. My doctor told me the same thing you did---that this was not the time for me to be stopping it. He is the one who encouraged me to see another doctor about the back pain. He said I must get my health issues resolved, and he stressed how important it is for me to get some sleep. Sleep deprivation is bad enough on anyone, but when you have BP, it can make matters worse. Sometimes it can bring on a manic or depressive state.

I am very down today---after thinking about my doctor's appt. My husband didn't say much at all to me last night about it and i needed to talk about it. I am scared to death that I have something that will be disabling. I had hoped this back pain was temporary, but now I'm beginning to wonder. I kept thinking it was just a pulled muscle and I needed to give it time. But if the doctor saw something unusual on the X-ray, now I'm wondering .....

Why this ever go away? I don't want to live my life in pain.
I told myself last night before bedtime that if I have to take pain medication every day, then so be it. And then I took it, and it didn't work.

I'm sorry, but I need to vent. Guess what? I wanted a good cry---now I'm getting it. The tears are flowing and they won't stop.

Re: Its OK honey, new
      #146949 - 02/05/05 09:14 AM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

Crying is ok, we all need to do it now and then.

I know this is easy to say, but try not to dwell on the what-ifs. You know how it is with MI, a moment at a time, then a minute, and so on. So just treat this as one of those moment to moment things. Love on your little mess makers, they are always ready to share thier love with you.

Even if they are dogs, sometimes thats the best love you can get.

Our poor h, if they can't fix-it with a hammer or drill, they get over whelmed so easily. Mine does acts that way too!

BIG HUGE HUGS TO YOU TODAY HONEY, {{{{{{{{{{HUG,HUG,HUG}}}}}}}}}}}}, and lots of prayers!

God Bless YOU !!

Re: Back from the doctor---I'm in shock new
      #146951 - 02/05/05 09:17 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Ooh- I'm sorry your doctor gave you such scary news but I'm really glad that one of them finally listened to you and you're on your way to not suffering the pain anymore. Hopefully the medicine helps!!

So sorry, BL...... new
      #146955 - 02/05/05 09:28 AM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

I know lots of people with back problems and they all have seemed to get some relief with different types of treatment.There are so many new treatments for back pain now.

I'm sure your doc will help you.....you need to be persistent and let him know how much pain you are in.

I'm so sorry the Lortab didn't work. Ask your doc to prescribe another type of pain pill. Each person has a different tolerance to different pills and maybe another one will work. I know this must be discouraging for you.

Hang in there, I know this is a tough time for you.....I'm sending lots of hugs your way.

Barbie

--------------------

Gayla, funny you should say that new
      #146963 - 02/05/05 09:43 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

about my dogs, because that's just what I did. I went out in the backyard, ran and played with the beagles. They love to play chase! We are having a beautiful, warm sunny day that feels like spring.

Now, I feel much better! They are therapy for me!!! They're always happy to see me. (unlike my 18-year-old son whom I asked for a hug last night and he shrugs his shoulders and walks away~)

Puppy love is good! Even if they do have bad breath!

{{{HUGS}}} new
      #146992 - 02/05/05 12:58 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I'm so sorry BL. Let your doc know about this ASAP...at least he's taking you seriously!

Drugs are funny though, maybe it just wasn't the one for you. And maybe you do have a pinched nerve...those are HORRIBLE.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 399 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3872

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review