All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
I took Lortab after a horrible car accident... new
      #146864 - 02/04/05 06:17 PM
XXXXX

Reged: 11/23/04
Loc: South East Texas

I don't remember any additional "C"...of course the stress from the accident would have caused "C" anyway.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Back from the doctor---I'm in shock new
      #146872 - 02/04/05 07:19 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Of course you'll be in my thoughts! Wow. What an awful thing to be told when you're not expecting bad news! I can't believe 2 doctors mis-diagnosed the problem! That's just unbelievable. I really hope they find out once and for all what's going on and that the problem is fixed. Good luck and keep us updated on what's happening. Big hugs for you.

--------------------
Amy

#146894 - 02/04/05 09:23 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

So sorry to hear that! Try really hard to relax and try not to worry about it for the next two weeks while you wait for the results. You'll be in my thoughts

Kelly

Re Prayers for you BL honey !!! new
      #146895 - 02/04/05 09:26 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

OMGosh, I am not surprised that you have been passed around like stale bread. THat is very unprofessional and rude!!

I like this guy, at least he seems to care and want to find out what the problem really is. I sure hope you can get some rest, good rest. You are in my prayers honey, and big huge {{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}!!!!!

#146896 - 02/04/05 09:28 PM
thepurplelollie

Reged: 11/11/04
Loc: Wellington, New Zealand

I'm sorry to hear that. It must be scary, but I know you're strong... because you're on here... and because IBS hardens everyone up!
I guess if it's a *thing* instead of *no*thing... then there's a solution/treatment for it.
I know you'll be okay.

--------------------
*Emma*

Oh my goodness BL new
      #146899 - 02/04/05 10:35 PM

Unregistered

I would be so crazy with anticipation if I were you! I can't believe what you are going through and I wish I knew what to say, but at least you've finally found a doctor that can help you. If he's not worried about it being 2 weeks until you're back in there then he must not be THAT worried about it. I will definitely be keeping you in my prayers and please keep us updated and come back and unload on us anytime you're feeling stressed out or worried because I imagine that that is a lot to deal with. Please take care and I hope at least you can enjoy a good night's sleep. Big big big hugs and thoughts and love!

Oh wow, BL... you're in my thoughts and prayers! -nt- new
      #146910 - 02/05/05 05:03 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I took the pain medication and it didn't work new
      #146921 - 02/05/05 06:58 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

How can that happen? I took the Lortab before bedtime and everyone had warned me that it would knock me out. Well, I was up for hours trying to go to sleep! (wide awake!) I tossed and turned for the longest time.

I finally went to sleep---and then woke up with the pain again. It wasn't quite as intense as before, but it was still bad enough that I could not sleep in the bed. So I crawled into the recliner again!

I was so disappointed that I still had the pain! I never imagined that that would happen. How can that happen? The only thing I can think of is maybe I have a pinched nerve---and the pain med doesn't work for that.

Ok, maybe now people will believe me when I tell them I'm in pain. I think some of my friends were beginning to think I was a hypochondriac. Even my mother kept telling me that if I would just relax that maybe I could go back to sleep at night (like it was all in my head!)

I'm tired of people telling me to just take a warm bath or a
couple of Tylenol. It's not that simple. This pain will not go away at night.

Re: I took the pain medication and it didn't work new
      #146929 - 02/05/05 08:29 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Sometimes people have different reactions to medications. Could it be that it wasn't strong enough for you and instead of knocking you it did the opposite?

I have bad insomnia and have tried lots of things for it. I have also been told to take hot baths, try to relax, etc. Are people kidding??? I have found that with me some pain/sleep aid meds either don't work, make me hyper or work but leave me as a zombie the next day.

Don't let anyone make you feel bad! You're in pain and it's VERY real. If they felt what you do they would act the same way. I hope your husband is supportive of you! You need it.

Re: Back pain ... new
      #146930 - 02/05/05 08:30 AM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

Hey BL ! So sorry that the Lortab is not working for you, if it is keeping you awake the DR. needs to know. He can give you something else that might work better. I totally understand back pain, and I know you are hurting.

Have you gone back on your anti-depressants yet? I am worried that this may not be the time for you to go off. I do understand about that too, when you went off of yours, I decided that it might be a good time for me to do the same. After this last week, the stress has been inexplicable, I did go back on mine, it was the right decision for me. Being BP, I know you know this, but I just want to say it for you, doing everything possible to remain mentally stable is of the utmost importance for you right now.

Please think about this, if you have made changes please let me know, I am concerned about the stress heaped on you by your DR's appt. Please don't take this wrong, I am not against you, I am for you. The pain is hard enough to deal with. I am here for you girl !

love to you, gayla

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 250 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3872

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review