All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
This is for doubletrouble
      #145614 - 02/02/05 07:13 AM
FEMBETH

Reged: 09/20/04

I can feel for you I have a son that is 8 and twins that are 4. I will tell you there looks like there is no hope in sight but there is. It seems like magic you will notice a differance in a year or so. It is very hard and frustrating dealing with twins. The one thing I like is that my twins entertain each other. They didn't at age of two but they do know. I swore I was going to be on Jerry Springer with twins that hated each other. Some how they have a nack that if one is not giving you a hard time the other takes over. Like they want to make sure you do not have a ounce of sanity left. I am still a referee but they are not so dependant on me and it will come for you also someday. I remember I was so overjoyed when the time came I could leave the bathroom door open. I also went through the nap time thing I got to the point it wasn't even worth trying to do nap time because I would go into yell at them and find the toy box move or the toddler beds tipped over or all the dresser drawers pulled out. Please believe me it will get better. Don't get me wrong it is still hard now but time will payoff. My only sanity is going to work in the evenings 4 nights a week. Lots of Luck and if you ever need to vent I am here.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: This is for doubletrouble new
      #146104 - 02/02/05 09:32 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Thank you so much. Sometimes it feels like no-one knows how hard it is! People always say "awwww, so cute" and I'm thinking "no, not cute, maddening!". I love them dearly but nothing in the world prepared me for toddlerhood with 2. I must say that it is a tad easier now that my eldest is at school and I've given up on the day nap for the same reason as you did. I was more stressed trying to make them have it than just leaving them up! Thank you for your thoughts and also for letting me know it gets a little better. You're right. They seem to take turns with tantrums, screaming and everything else naughty so it feels like there's someone going 24 hours a day! I think I lost my marbles about 3 months ago. DH found me one night really late sitting in bed with a naughty kid who refused to go to bed and I was just laughing and laughing. I'd been yelling at her all night and she knew she was being naughty but was being so darn cute! I either had to laugh or kill her but I think DH thought I was ready for the loony bin. It's so nice to talk to other twin mums! Thanks for letting me know you're there!

--------------------
Amy

Hey, I can relate! new
      #146177 - 02/03/05 06:49 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

I have two boys, only 13 months apart, so I feel like I had twins. In some respects, I feel like it would've been easier if they had been twins because at least they would've been at the same stage at the same time. Like when one was on the bottle, the other was just starting baby foods. Then when the other got to baby food, the other was on finger foods!!!

Naptime was a zoo!!! One would go down, and the other one would be running around playing. Then when that one crashed, his brother would just be waking up! I never got a break!!!

And my two fought like cats and dogs! All the time! They
were so physical---always hitting and picking on each other. Many days, about 4 p.m., I would call my husband at work crying, saying, "I can't take one more minute of them!" He would say, "What do you expect me to do? I'm at work!"

By the time he walked in the door, I was ready to hand both of them to him---and walk out the door! (not really). The only break I got was to get in the shower. I would lock the door---and the boys would bang on it. Ahhhh, for some peace and quiet!

Now that mine are older (18 and 19), I realize what the struggle was----they are so different. They are total opposites in personality. One is very quiet, serious and studious. The other is outgoing, athletic and not very interested in school. People can't believe they're brothers!

Enjoy these moments with them, as difficult as they may seem. They do grow up so fast! Now when I see a young mother in Target with two little ones, my heart breaks! It seems like just yesterday that that was me with my boys.

My 6 ft., 2 "baby" will be going off to college this fall.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 295 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 441

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review