All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)
Rock on! new
      #145666 - 02/02/05 08:11 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I'm loving the visual of the purple liberty spikes. I can relate. I was more of a metalhead/stoner type, but I was honor roll all the way.

I loved bio... that was the only science class that ever interested me, and I think 99% of that was getting to show off because I was the ONLY girl in the entire grade who WANTED to dissect the pig. I hacked right into it. My lab partner was suitably grossed out.

The rest of the science classes were real snoozers, though.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Nelly... new
      #145675 - 02/02/05 08:18 AM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Nelly, Calc I, II and Linear Algebra cost my graduating with honors. I received a c+ in each of those classes. graduated with a 3.41 overall GPA or something like that..

Hey, you been ok, you never responded back to my email. Just curious, I am sure you've been busy with the new job and all...

--------------------

Re: Rock on! new
      #145676 - 02/02/05 08:18 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I think we would have got along great, though I was straight edge I had a bunch of stoner friends! I hacked into the pig too, but I got bored and lit a spot of formaldehyde on the table. It was connected to a bigger spot and so on, til it lit up the pig. Think thick, brown noxious smoke. Think the look of horror on the lab partner's face. Think fire alarm. Think a week of detention (my teacher covered for me). I had to give up my zippo.

Good times.

~nelly~

Re: Nelly... new
      #145681 - 02/02/05 08:21 AM
Nelly

When I email you, it bounces back from your account. But I ended my contract negotiations yesterday ($35/hr, yeaaa!) so now I have to wait to see if I'm awarded the contract. The actual job starts March 1, so I'm spending my time planning my vacation and and getting facials and massages and otherwise spending my cash.

What are you up to?

~nelly~

Re: Wow am I the only math nerd here? :) -nt- new
      #145683 - 02/02/05 08:21 AM
TommyNY

I'm somewhat of a Math nerd. My math has to serve a purpose like a practical business application. If it doesn't I lose interest and do enough to get by as evidenced in my calc classes. I did really well in my Finance classes (Finance was my major and I had a 3.7 overall in those classes)because I saw a busines spurpose to it. The good ole Black-Scholes model for calculating Options prices! Woohoo!!

--------------------

#145684 - 02/02/05 08:23 AM
TommyNY

Same old thing... I can't believe it is bouncing back from my account. You're sending it to the one on my profile? huh, weird. I may have some good news shortly... For now, lets keep our fingers crossed...

--------------------

MEL WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -nt- new
      #145685 - 02/02/05 08:24 AM
Nelly

~nelly~

YOU GOT THAT RIGHT!! Mel WINS!!! -nt- new
      #145686 - 02/02/05 08:25 AM
TommyNY

--------------------

#145687 - 02/02/05 08:25 AM
Nelly

Hey that's great!! You're very hirable, Tommy!! Does anyone at work know you're shopping around yet?

~nelly~

#145688 - 02/02/05 08:28 AM
TommyNY

I think they'd have to be Momos not think I'm going to take care of Tommy NY. Then again I have a momo that sits behind me (nose-blower and blow-up doll lover) so that is quite possible. My boss is a cool guy and smart so I am sure he knows. He is actually a good friend but I obviously can't tell him. If the news does happen and I leave I know he'll be happy for me.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 178 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 14604

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review