All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)
Amanda Panda!! new
      #145771 - 02/02/05 10:16 AM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I've smoked those a bunch of times with a few friends of mine that are Egyptian. I like the strawberry the best!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Thank you Kimm! new
      #145775 - 02/02/05 10:20 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

I was getting a little worried about the direction this thread was going, but didn't know what to say or how to say it! I couldn't have said it better myself!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Re: Ahhh tanning beds new
      #145777 - 02/02/05 10:21 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

I have tried the spray on tan and it's ok. But it's really hard to get an even tan on your hands and if you have any dry spots look out because it makes a big dark spot on your body. I think what I tried was the Mystic Tan.

Re: My thoughts new
      #145784 - 02/02/05 10:36 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Personally, I don't smoke, never really have. I may have smoked maybe 5 cigs in my life, years ago, when I was drunk. I don't dislike people that smoke. I dislike people who are inconsiderate of it. I hate going into a public building and having to walk through a haze of smoke from 10 people huddle around smoking in front of the doors. I dislike how a lot of people throw there butts on the ground. If someone wants to smoke, thats fine by me, who am I to judge? But please, be considerate.

Heather, you ARE a considerate smoker!! Your clothes don't smell and neither does your house! I have several friends who smoke, I even provide an ash tray for them, OUTSIDE my house, on the porch! I KNOW about addictions and I do not judge anyone for them. My mom chain smokes. This has caused issues between us. She is aware of my no smoking in the house rule at my house. Last year, I invited her down to stay the night and bought us tickets to the Christmas Spectular Show. She was SO pissed at me because I made her go outside in the cold to smoke. Did she think just because it was winter out, I was going to let people smoke in my house?? She has never been back to my house and I doubt she ever will. This is a very sad thing for me. Especially with my trying to have a baby. She can't go 5 minutes without a cig. I will not be taking baby over there and exposing a helpless infant to all that second hand smoke. So, I guess my baby won't have much of a grandma and I find that very, very sad.

Anyway, I degressed, sorry. My point is, I could care less if someone smoked, just be considerate about it! We all have our vices of one sort or another!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#145788 - 02/02/05 10:42 AM
michele

I LOVE going to tanning beds but haven't been in a while. I guess I did go a few times last winter but that was because we were going on a cruise and I burn less if I have a bit of a base tan first. Not to mention, I refused to put on a bathing suit looking like the Pilsbury Dough Girl!! Although, recently I have started swimming and boy, oh boy, I'm so white, I think I glow in the dark!! Oh well, I'm there to get healthy not to impress anyone!

--------------------

Re: Oregano??? LOL. new
      #145791 - 02/02/05 10:44 AM
michele

Clove cigs have a terribly strong smell. Personally, it makes me ill to even smell it but I know a lot of people do like the way it smells! I've never tried smoking it because I can't get past the smell!

As for the "oregano," I may have smoked a little of that in my day!

--------------------

RIGHT ON KIMM.... new
      #145803 - 02/02/05 10:57 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

Couldn't have said it better myself....

I never had a bad work habit, EVER. In fact I got more done that most people because I didn't chat (like on a website) all day!

Everyone has their own problems...no, smoking isn't the best thing you can do for your body, but there are a lot of things people do that aren't good....smokers just got knocked for it a lot more.

Just my 2 cents!

This is the exact reason that people hate talking to non-smokers about it, and it sure doesn't help make people want to quit!

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: RIGHT ON KIMM.... new
      #145831 - 02/02/05 11:23 AM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

No it sure doesn't!!

I remember being in the elevator at work last summer and I had just come in from having a smoke. Well this lady got in the elevator and sort of sniffed the air and then looked at me and said, "do you know how many people die from smoking each year??" and kind of rolled her eyes at me.
I thought it was hilarious she would say that to me considering she was extremely over weight and carrying a Mc Donald's bag LOL It was on the tip of my tongue to say, "And do you know how many people die each year of obescity related illnesses???"

I kept my mouth shut though....if I barked back a reply to every ignorant thing someone said to me I'd have a sore throat 24/7 LOL

Anyway...now I'm just rambling.....

Oh noo! new
      #145837 - 02/02/05 11:37 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Oh, I'm sorry, I so didn't mean it as a generalization! I'm thinking of someone in particular, let's call him JEFF! Jeff just couldn't be trusted in everyday life to do anyhting, but he used his smoke breaks every 45 minutes to make like he was getting away with it! He used to TAKE NAPS at his desk and act mad if he was woken up! With him, it was diminishing returns all around, and smoking was just a small part of it!!

But what I was saying is that when I worked in Human Resources, we weren't allowed to ask if a person interviewing smoked, but we were trained to look for it. Kinda sneaky of them, but there you are, they didn't want to hire smokers. They even made the interview process extra long on purpose, and took potentiial hirees outside to other buildings to see if they lit up. They didn't want to hire childbearing women either, which tells you what kind of place it was. The name of this place? NASD-Nasdaq! Can you believe it??. True story. I'll never work in HR again!!!!

But the problem was if your job is to be at your desk, and you're not, well a smoke habit can be a problem.

~nelly~

#145853 - 02/02/05 12:09 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

pilsbury dough girl.. haha michele your hysterical!

I say a tan every once in awhile isn't gonna kill you! haha.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 582 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 34568

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review