All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)
So wait...I don't get it....do you think it's gross?? :P -nt- new
      #145693 - 02/02/05 08:34 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

--------------------
~Cara~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Gross!!! new
      #145711 - 02/02/05 08:53 AM
abuss

Reged: 01/13/05
Loc: Lake Crystal, MN

Ditto - I don't understand why anyone would smoke in this day and age...you are literally killing yourself. I guess I may be a bit more passionate about it than others b/c my mom smoked and had a stroke at the age of 55 because of it. Not to mention the smell...I have employees who come into my office after their smoke breaks and practically gag me out!!! YUCK YUCK YUCK

Re: Ahhh tanning beds new
      #145713 - 02/02/05 08:56 AM
abuss

I used to love to tan, but since I know it's so bad for me I've told myself that I'm not going to go tanning anymore, but if I did need some color for a special occasion I would just go to the spray bed...the cost isn't a whole lot different!

#145723 - 02/02/05 09:12 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

Ohhh I should look into the spray on tans! I thought that they were way more expensive.

I've definitly tried the self tanners, but its a pain in the butt compared to just running into a booth really quick.. laying down listening to music and coming out tan. Self tanners really are alot of work.

but.. I bet the booths might be something to look into.

--------------------

#145729 - 02/02/05 09:24 AM
abuss

I think the price might depend on where you go. When I tanned I used the Ultra Bronze beds and they were a bit more expensive than the traditional beds, so if I were to compare the spray booths to that...it was relatively the same!

yes the stink! new
      #145730 - 02/02/05 09:25 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I have 2 people proofreading my novel manuscript for me and both smoke and when they give me a few pieces of paper they smell so much like smoke I have to air them out before I read them!

Where is Lake Crystal?

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#145731 - 02/02/05 09:25 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

My step-mom and I were going to do the spray-on tanning two years ago for her wedding, but never did. She looked into it and said it was only $30 or so. Might try it this year!

--------------------
- Jennifer

Re: Yikes, don't get me started!! new
      #145735 - 02/02/05 09:27 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Yep a waste of time. My mom used to get so POed at her coworkers who basically worked half as much as her because of smoking.
LOL cigars. I think smoking a pipe like Gandalf looks doable.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Nope, never have -nt- new
      #145758 - 02/02/05 09:57 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Ummmmm...... new
      #145767 - 02/02/05 10:14 AM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I just wanted to say.....I don't smoke anymore (1 month today actually!!)!! And yes I agree that it's a disgusting habit.

However, I think that saying that smokers slack off more at work because of smoke breaks, etc. is a huge generalization and it's quite offensive. I smoked 10 years and my work performance was always 100%. I went for a smoke when I had a break and it didn't effect my work performance at all.

This seems to have turned into a "let's hate on smokers" thread. There are plenty of things that people do that are equally bad for them so lets ease up a bit here folks!!

Not wanting to offend anyone here...just had to say something.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 126 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 34473

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review