All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)
Re: Jennifer new
      #145464 - 02/01/05 06:55 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Quote:

That is really interesting! I don't think I've ever heard anyone put it that way before. So how come if you don't mind the smoke, why don't you just smoke? Had you smoked before in the past and quit and miss smoking that you do this now?

Nobody.. never smoked cigarettes before. I smoke cloves on special occasions (camping trips, parties, etc.) but not often.

I guess I'm just used to the smoke and when I smell it, I start thinking about hanging out with my friends. It's weird, but it just doesn't bother me. Feels weird when I haven't smelled it in a while...

--------------------
- Jennifer

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Question??? new
      #145465 - 02/01/05 06:57 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

I think the boards are trained to catch some words, or else Heather edits them.

--------------------
- Jennifer

Re: Another Poll: Do you smoke? new
      #145468 - 02/01/05 07:00 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Ashley, funny how when you are with someone that smokes it's hard to not smoke. A lot of people say that. Like when a BF/or husband quits and the wife/or GF still smokes, the other usually starts back up again.

Not only are you I guess healthier but I think people who tend to get colds or bronchitis get it even worse if they are smokers. My mom gets pneumonia every year and she's a smoker. Hey, and also, according to Cara....smoking causes wrinkles and we don't want them !!!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#145469 - 02/01/05 07:03 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

oh no.. def don't want the wrinkles..

however I do still frequent the tanning bed every few weeks.. which probably doesn't help at all!

I know it is hard.. me and my roomate basically lived together two years and would chill on the couch and smoke butts.. so its really strange not to do that with her. but i've learned my lesson now and I know I have to be extra careful.

--------------------

Re: Ahhh tanning beds new
      #145471 - 02/01/05 07:10 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

LOVE them. Especially in the winter months! I used to go when I was younger then I saw a dermatologist who removed 9 million moles off me and guilted me into sunscreen and no tanning beds...Ugghhhh one of the joys of life, ripped from me! I LOVE the sun!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

LOL Heather!! new
      #145472 - 02/01/05 07:22 PM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

Quote:

So I say LIVE and be HAPPY because you never know when you might slip

Hahaha....that's a good one. You rock. HUGS!

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: Oregano??? LOL. new
      #145476 - 02/01/05 07:24 PM
Cara4503

I think cigarettes taste good too though And I LOVE the smell. I don't like being in a room with no ventilation and smokers...but I love smelling someone that just smoked, or walking by someone who's smoking...yummm....I better stop talking about this!! LOL.

I didn't make an appt yet for a gallbladder scan. I have felt good now for 2 days....hubby has a check up with a new doctor next week, and if I don't have pain before then I'm going to ask him about it. I'm procrastinating, which is probably dumb...but I just hate doctors/hospitals!

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: Lisa new
      #145479 - 02/01/05 07:26 PM
Cara4503

I had D too when I quit, for about a week it was really bad....that's one of my motivations to not start again actually! It really screwed with my stomach!

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: Ahhh tanning beds new
      #145489 - 02/01/05 07:54 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

oh god I know.. In college the big thing to do was to go weekly or sometimes twice a week all winter.. and look perma tan and hot all year round hehe!

Anyways.. I know its really unhealthy and since entering grad school i've cut down a million percent.. but I still go every once in awhile.. I hate being too pale.

--------------------

#145511 - 02/01/05 09:45 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

I don't smoke cigarettes, never have really. Maybe about 5 in my life, mostly when really really drunk, all in college. But, I do smoke this ...

Don't call the cops, it's not for pot. It's an Arabic water pipe, called a Hookah or Shisha, or nargileh (though the last is mostly a Syrian word). You smoke flavored "molassas" tobacco from it, which is wet and sticky and comes in lots of flavors. My favorites are mint, melon, apple, apricot, and cola. You put coals on the top, over the bowl that has the tobacco in it. Then the smoke goes down into the base and mixes with water (or whatever else you put in there, like vodka or sambuka), and it gets all steamy/smokey, and you smoke it through the long tube. It's a social thing, and I do it about once a month or so, with my brothers and my friends. It is so relaxing, I can see why cigarette smokers get addicted to that feeling! It does get me kind of woozy and nauseated though sometimes, so it's really just for once in a while. I do love it though! I have the one in the pic, and I have a teeny baby one that I used in college, which is now mostly for decoration. My brother has 3, and always brings them out for parties and stuff. And now there are about a million places in manhattan and brooklyn where you can go smoke and order appetizers (meze in Arabic). Interestingly, a lot of those places don't serve alcohol (I think it's a Muslim thing), so it's a fun thing to do when you don't want to really party hard. Mmm .. makes me want to light mine up!
Panda

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 554 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 34568

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review