All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)
Re: Terri.... new
      #145420 - 02/01/05 06:13 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Seems like a lot of people smoked for 10 years then quit! Interesting................10 years must be the magic number!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Oregano??? LOL. new
      #145422 - 02/01/05 06:14 PM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

That's too funny!

Clove cigarettes are generally unfiltered and usually contain 30 - 40 percent of cloves (yes the spice!) and 60 - 70 percent of tobacco. In addition, the type of tobacco used in clove cigarettes has approximately twice as much tar, nicotine, and carbon monoxide as the tobacco in ordinary cigarettes! So they are worse for your lungs. They taste good though. :P

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: Way to go Rach! new
      #145423 - 02/01/05 06:17 PM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

Thanks Lisa! I'm very proud of the fact that I quit!

It IS amazing how much they cost... Fortunately, when I was still smoking, they still cost under $2 a pack (which was still expensive due to the fact that I was up to a pack a day for a while). I can't imagine being able to afford the cost now! What is it now?? $3 a pack or more?

Cara!! Congrats on your 3 months!! Wow! Has it been that long already! Good job!

Heather! I still love you! Maybe if you hang around me long enough, I'll be a good influence! j/k

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Nope - never have and not ever planning to -nt- new
      #145424 - 02/01/05 06:17 PM

Unregistered

Re: GOD NO! new
      #145425 - 02/01/05 06:18 PM
LittleLisa

Yep, grew up with two smoking parents too! When I was dating my now husband, he HATED coming over to my house. He left smelling so much like smoke and my parents too CHAIN smoked. I mean their walls were yellow! He had parents that didn't smoke so it was difficult for him.
My sister picked up the habbit and she smokes now too. However, it's very different now. She only smokes outside, never in the house (as her husband doesn't smoke and she has a 18mth old.) A lot of people don't smoke in the house now. I wish my parents hadn't!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Re: Oregano??? LOL. new
      #145426 - 02/01/05 06:19 PM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

Haha!! I tried smoking oregano when I was a smoker too! Blech!!! Boy did that taste bad! Blech!!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Re: Hang in there Cara! new
      #145430 - 02/01/05 06:23 PM
LittleLisa

Your put up a good argument! Smoking being bad for you just like McDonald's, binge drinking, drugs, ect. but people still do it knowing it's bad for them! I don't usually tell people how bad it is, like you and Heather said, you obviously know it's bad. It's an addiction just like drugs and it's very hard to stop. Dieting is the same way for people, they know when they have to start just like smokers know when it's time to stop!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Re: Oregano??? LOL. new
      #145433 - 02/01/05 06:26 PM
LittleLisa

I know, I know It's still embarassing to think about all these years later. Thanks for the informative lesson on clove cigarettes. Funny how you think they taste good and Ruchie thinks they are yucky ..I would think they'd tast better than regular ones.

Hey, how have you been feeling? Did you get an appointment for a gallbladder scan yet?

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Re: Yep I'm going on about 11 years..... new
      #145437 - 02/01/05 06:30 PM
LittleLisa

Amy, A LOT of people that smoke have anxiety and that helps it. I think it's actually proven that it calms the nerves. Man, I should have started smoking at a young age too! Maybe my nerves would be better Instead I eat chocolate which sometimes causes my IBS to flare up and then I get anxiety from that! Ughhh can't win!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Re: Glad I am not alone!!! . new
      #145442 - 02/01/05 06:33 PM
LittleLisa

Heather!!! There are millions of people that smoke...some on the boards that maybe are closet smokers and won't respond! I don't think differently of anyone whether they smoke/drink/overeat/undereat or whatever. You, my friend, are still as sweet as can be no matter what and that's what matters!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 510 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 34568

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review