All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
Re: Tina!!!! new
      #144345 - 01/30/05 10:52 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Beth, you're so sweet! I look forward to reading them and yes, maybe they'll help me sort out some things.

Thanks for being so nice Beth!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Tina!!!! new
      #144360 - 01/30/05 11:08 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

It's easy to be nice when the person I'm being nice to is such a sweetheart! And yes, get that picture back up there! Now I know how you feel not being able to see me! So empty without a face. I'll have to work on that! Maybe by spring?

I'm still not really sure why you left, and you don't need to share that with me. But I have a pretty good idea, and it is expressed in my emails. Just so happy to see you back. Like we said, these boards are addicting. I have come so close to going away, but always find myself logging in in the morning, at work, after work. Even though I get my feelings hurt easily, and quite often lately, the good feelings I get after reading posts from Casey,or Tommys sentimental post last night, or all the other uplifting posts, those somehow can help to cancel out the ones that hurt me. And those,I guess, are the ones we must focus on, and try, as hard as it is, to leave the other ones out of our minds. But I know that is hard when you have a sensitive, thin skin, as we both do.

That's when we can bounce it off each other and get an outside opinion. Laura Sue did that for me when I was feeling slighted by a post, and it helped. Yet there were once again two posts just yesterday in response to my posts that tore me up inside. I was trying to help and also to get help and the replies caught me off guard. I immediately felt this pain in my gut, a sad pain, a hurtful pain. And that is not what I need from these boards. I have a hard time filtering out the few hurtful replies, from the many,many helpful and wonderful people who provide my daily "fix" of feel good words!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Beth new
      #144363 - 01/30/05 11:15 AM
Sara-Sage

See!!!! That's why you need to get a picture. I'll try to get my old one back.

I'll email you tomorrow the reaosn that I left. Not sure if I should share it online. I will be more cautious now! It's a few little things topped by a bigger thing that was just enough to upset me.

If people respond rudely to your posts (as one real idiot did to my advice for him) just ignore it. Seriously. Move on to someone who has something positive or nice to say.

Part of the reason that I felt like leaving the boards was because I find that I'm almost addicted to them! I know I may not be on them as often as some but I do check them as often as I can. And I do feel like a lot of people here are way more than on-line friends.

Anyhow, I'll email you tomorrow as you probably do know what this is about.

Have a great Sunday. It's gorgeous here, very mild and sunny.!

Good advice new
      #144373 - 01/30/05 11:31 AM
Augie

I think I will just not post my "helpful" or what I thought was helpful advice to this person anymore, as it is always attacked as negative when I am only trying to help. You will see the details in the emails I sent'.

And yes, that is part of the reason I think about leaving, I really think I have an addiction problem to these boards. To the point where I log in first thing I wake up, at work it is interferring with my new job, after work. My apartment is a serious wreck, I haven't been to church in over a month , I don't call people anymore, or watch the television shows I used to enjoy, or started my knitting lessons. At least you get out and do yoga. I don't even make time for that! Sometimes I even eat dinner and lunch while on the boards. Okay, I'm out of denial, now I must come to accept this as a problem! Does it have to be all or nothing? Can I find a balance or limit the hours?

Everytime I go to log off, I see another post I want to open up or reply to, so pretty soon, 3 hours have gone by! Okay, that's a totally different problem.

I do need to go to HFS and get some stuff. BTW, I found some Red Lentils yesterday!!! Had to go to a HFS. Also got some canned chickpeas at Trader Joes. So will have to think of some things to do with those!

BTW, how many hours ahead are you in Canada from the US. It's like 1:30 pm here now. If your still on?

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: Good advice new
      #144377 - 01/30/05 11:37 AM
Sara-Sage

Ya, I try to not reply to people's posts anymore if they are cranky. he he

I try to stick to my own rules. No boards before work, very minimal boards AT work (as my desk cubicle area is not private at all), and if my BF is home (he's at work until 9pm tonight) then I should see him so he doesn't feel ignored. It's tough because everyone here is so interesting!

Glad you got some red lentils. As for the chickpeas, you can make hummus, chickpea curry, chickpea salad, etc. I can look for recipes if you'd like.

Right this second, it's 2:42 pm.

Wow, you're only an hour ahead of me! new
      #144397 - 01/30/05 12:13 PM
Augie

I thought it would be more. I think Australia is like 6 or 8 ours ahead of me!

I make rules too on computer use, but then break them! I do need to start cracking down though. Like, I'm not even dressed yet and it's 2:10 pm!

I'd love a chickpea recipe too! The brand I bought has beans, water, ans kombu seaweed in it! Ever hear of kombu seaweed? Is it safe? It's Edens brand Organic, but that doesn't always mean an ingredient is safe for us.I picked this one up because there is no salt added.

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: Wow, you're only an hour ahead of me! new
      #144404 - 01/30/05 12:22 PM
Sara-Sage

Yeah, I guess we're not too far apart time-wise.

Get dressed! Just turn off the computer and don't look back! You can do it!

I'l look for recipes for you. Seaweed is harmless as far as I know. I wouldn't worry about it.

Don't you know by now I worry about everything!-nt new
      #144426 - 01/30/05 12:55 PM
Augie

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: Don't you know by now I worry about everything!-nt new
      #144433 - 01/30/05 01:00 PM
Sara-Sage

Ok, ya, so I can't tell you not to worry. Worry your heart out Beth! There!

Ha Ha! new
      #144451 - 01/30/05 01:15 PM
Augie

I'm working on it! Maybe the drug my doc put me on yesterday will help? It's suppose to help with anxiety! Let's hope for the best. And now, I really am logging off. It's been a great time had by all! But I must go leave this party to visit the bathroom, eat, and go to the store!

--------------------
~ Beth

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 34 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 21028

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review