All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
Dalia... new
      #144072 - 01/29/05 10:03 AM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Thanks! It was great to meet you as well. I thought you guys might like that place. Sorry I could not stay longer. I kind of messed up. I didn't have a big lunch and after having about 4 pints plus another 3 bottles of beer made me sloshed. I did make my train though! I hope we can meet up again soon and I wish Sinead and Padhraig lived in NY too!

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Ok, I kinda changed my mind...... new
      #144076 - 01/29/05 10:16 AM

Unregistered

I can't believe I almost missed this, but I'm glad you've changed your mind. I don't really know what happened to make you feel like this, but I seriously hope that you don't leave because you're just too fun to have around! I was even thinking earlier how nice it is to see you around more often.

I think everyone goes through a point where you just need some time off and to take a breather, so do that if that's what you need because you come first, but please don't leave us for good - you're just to fun to have around!! Hugs and feel better!!

Re: Ok, I kinda changed my mind...... new
      #144099 - 01/29/05 12:18 PM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

*HUGS* Just wanted to let you know as well that I think you're a great, fun lady, and I hope that you get everything that you want sorted out. We'll miss you!

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Re: So long everyone! new
      #144106 - 01/29/05 12:49 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Whazzup, SS? What did I miss ! Email me when you get a chance: (deleted) I'll take this email off soon so copy it down, Tina! I'm pretty agitated today too, so maybe we can have a meeting of the minds!! Email me, girl!!

Nelly 3:49pm EST Saturday

Edited by Nelly (01/29/05 12:57 PM)

*HUG* new
      #144108 - 01/29/05 12:55 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

let us know if there is anything we can do to help... I know sometimes my emotions go haywire and I get upset about stuff that really shouldn't bug me... I've been off the boards a lot lately ust due to lack of time and energy...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: NY Dinner (More like drinkfest) Update new
      #144123 - 01/29/05 02:27 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I'm completely and totally jealous of all of you... to think, 2 years ago I could have gotten in on the fun, I lived upstate in NY, but not so far that I couldn't have made it to the city. Sigh!

But anyway - sounds like it was a fantastic time! Can't wait to see some pictures!

Re: NY Dinner (More like drinkfest) Update new
      #144124 - 01/29/05 02:33 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Hey didn't you live in NoVa/Md too?? We could have been out right now, toasting the NY-ers and living it up in the blanket of snow that's covering DC!

~nelly~

It's true... new
      #144144 - 01/29/05 04:13 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I've been all over the darn place. And that would have been a blast!

I love it here, but I do sometimes wish I had more opportunities to socialize. Ah well.

Re: I hope I'm not too late...me too! new
      #144181 - 01/29/05 06:43 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

I have no idea what's gone on. Seems I missed something but please don't leave Tina! I've really gotten to like you since I started coming to the boards. You are one of my favourite people. I love to read all your posts and see your smiling face in your pic. I hope you feel a bit better soon. The pms monster is the absolute worst but I'm sure that no-one here intentionally hurts other people's feelings. Sometimes what you say comes out wrong in typing cause there's no emphasis in what you're trying to say. Big hugs. I hope you have a safe trip away and really hope to see you back here.

--------------------
Amy

I hope I'm not too late...me three! new
      #144182 - 01/29/05 07:06 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Tina, sweetie, this has totally caught me by surprise. I am in tears as I read your goodbye. I think I know what's going on though. I have sent you some emails and I hope that they help you feel better and come to some resolution with what is best for you.

You are not alone. I was also going to quit the boards because I am so sensitive, and took some responses to my posts very personally. I was hurt because I was only trying to help. We are definately HSP's.

Amy's right. It's often hard to know how the responder is really feeling without a tone of voice to hear, or any body language to see. I also take words at face value and always assume the worst. That I did something wrong and then I get hurt and end up crying.

You have probably left already, but please read my emails to you when you get back and hopefully they can be of some help. Guess these words are futile if you aren't going to come back, though or if you have already left for the weekend. I would miss you dearly. Your face and words on this board bring me laughs, and we share so many common thoughts and feelings. Thank you for what you have already given to this website, and to me personally.

You know my feelings about you babe. Do what's best for you. And if that means taking a break from all this, then do it. I may be right behind you to be honest.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 578 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 21028

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review