All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: Is there anything you haven't been able to give up? new
      #142999 - 01/26/05 12:44 PM
Alice the Pilgrim

Reged: 01/26/05

I've found that the only way I can stop this horrible pain, which is like labor, is to eat something else. It's as though my intestines may be quivering, but when something new enters the system, it has to stop and deal with the new stuff. What is actually happening?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Fake Coffee new
      #143000 - 01/26/05 12:46 PM
Alice the Pilgrim

How about Postum? We used that during WWII when we couldn't get coffee. But I need that caffeine or I'll have a horrid headache. What's a good substitute for that?
:confused: [color:blue] [/color]

Re: Is there anything you haven't been able to give up? new
      #143003 - 01/26/05 12:50 PM
Alice the Pilgrim

I'm brand new to this group, and from Alabama. So what do you do about this terrible pain. Only way I can stop it is to eat something else, anything.
What's actually happening? Can't link it to any diarrea OR constipation. But I know when it's starting. Just need to keep something close by. Are there any pills you can take for this? :( [color:red] [/color]

THE UFO! new
      #143023 - 01/26/05 01:22 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

hehhee, well that is not too bad of a thing to eat! i always assumed it was the worst possible junk food, like ice cream or cookies or something.
popcorn? bah! As long as you gigeset the kernels ok, it is probablu not an official no-no, just IF.
Popcorn?! Sorry, need a few to get over this one, it is like finding out the Wizard of Oz is just that puny little guy behind a curtain and not really a bad a@$.

--------------------
-Sheri

Only ONE thing! new
      #143027 - 01/26/05 01:25 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

I am VERY strict with my diet, and am at the point I rarely crave any no-nos. I have cheated with pancakes twice, and some baked goods that were high in fat and baked with triggers. I only rarely do that if I am very stable and on holidays.
OTHER than that, my only frequent cheat is... alcohol! And you know what, I am kinda ashamed that I have to drink. I mean, I am not an alcoholic, but I can't stand to be the one in the crowd that is out and can't drink. i am sure I will outgrow it, but I usually don't see very bad affects of it anyways.

--------------------
-Sheri

Re: THE UFO! new
      #143051 - 01/26/05 02:05 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Quote:

Popcorn?! Sorry, need a few to get over this one, it is like finding out the Wizard of Oz is just that puny little guy behind a curtain and not really a bada@$.

ROFLMAO! Oh man, that's funny, Sheri!

What you don't know is that she mixes pieces of pepperoni, cheese, and deep fried onion rings with the popcorn. I can see right through her - trying to convince us that it's 'just' popcorn! Sheesh...

Love ya, Shell!

--------------------
- Jennifer

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 545 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2913

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review