All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Is there anything you haven't been able to give up?
      #142378 - 01/25/05 09:01 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

I try to follow the IBS safe diet as closely as I can but I just can't seem to give up my one a day Dr. Pepper.

Does anyone else have something you can't give up even though you know it is bad for you?

Just curious to see if I am the only one.

--------------------
Janey

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Is there anything you haven't been able to give up? new
      #142395 - 01/25/05 09:35 AM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

Hey Janey! Good to see you around here! How's my beloved espana?
I know Ashley (Spicey) still drinks at least one coke a day, so you're not alone. I have various cheats, like real tea and a very occasional coffee (only when I REALLY need it). I was snowed in at my parents' house this weekend and in one meal had salad (even though I had bread with it), chicken (no problem there), green beans with some teeny bits of ham, lots of red and white wine, and .... the teensiest bit of ice cream, like a quarter of a cup. Suffice it to say I had one of the worst D attacks I can remember. The pain was so bad that I thought I was going to pass out and throw up at the same time. I really am usually so disciplined about cheating, and I can usually get away with a bit of cheese, or a mexican dip with sour cream, or even beer or other alcohol. I guess the fact that I haven't slept in weeks (law school) and I was traveling around and stuff didn't help.
My usual "can't give up" cheats are pretty much all alcohol. Not that I drink that often, or even that much, but when I do get a chance to go out, I don't feel like sipping iced tea all night. I can almost always get away with it, especially if I have something other than beer, but lately the hangovers have been so bad that it's almost not worth it. Am I getting old???

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

#142398 - 01/25/05 09:43 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

Coffee and Birth Control Pills. I know I'd be better without both, but....

--------------------
God is Faithful!

#142399 - 01/25/05 09:45 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I still sneak some "real" cheese now and than!! And a few glasses of wine and some chocolate!! Once in a while, I'll have a diet vernors, if I pour it into a glass and let it sit for a little while first, it doesn't seem to bother me at all!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#142400 - 01/25/05 09:46 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Frankly, I didn't notice any change in my IBS when I stopped the birth control pills a year ago!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#142403 - 01/25/05 09:51 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Well, it is not really bad for ME...but it is a IBS no no for most.....

POPCORN!! I eat it almost everynight (so now those of you that see me reporting in on the Vegas board you now know what that UFO is that I eat at the end of the day)

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#142409 - 01/25/05 10:04 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Chocolate. I am ok with it as long as I eat small quantaties on a full stomach. I was really bad over the holidays with it. I have just recently been drinking a bit of pop. I am getting tired of tea, water and soy chocolate milk. Sunday I made the mistake of drinking a half of glass of Canda Dry ginger ale and eating a slice of homemade apple pie. I had the worst gas pains for about 3 hours afterwards.

Thanks Amanda new
      #142418 - 01/25/05 10:13 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

It is good to be back. Being away during Christmas made it difficult to get on the boards. Too busy doing all the shopping. Since I have been back I was sick with the flu and then very busy with work and my daughters practices, fundraisers, and games. She is on the cheering squad at the high school.

Espana is darn cold right now. Coldest it has been since we have lived here. I heard it is supposed to be down as low as 29 degrees F Friday. Burrrrrrr! Southern Spain never seens temps like this. I am so thankful that my new house has heat. If we were in the old house we would be freezing.

Sorry to hear that you had such a bad D attack. I hate those that make you feel like passing out and throwing up. They are the worst. At least you weren't out in a public bathroom. Have a find a silver lining in all situations.

This may be out last year here so we are trying to enjoy everything. There are so many things that we take for granted.

--------------------
Janey

#142419 - 01/25/05 10:14 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

chocolate and cheese! OMG I had the worst attack monday !! I had drank tons of mountain dew and ate a ton of choclate on my drive sunday to stay awake! WELL MY tummy woke up that is for sure on Mon!!

I can't live without my dairy! I am almost always ok with it in small quanties.

Hey we are humane!!

--------------------
Heather7476

#142440 - 01/25/05 10:48 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Hmm.. maybe a smaller list would be the items that I was able to give up! LOL

Just kidding. Been really bad lately so it hasn't helped.

1) Chocolate
2) Soda (working on that slowly!)
3) Anything with trace amounts of dairy in it (cookies, cakes, etc.) - never full dairy, though!

--------------------
- Jennifer

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 56 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2913

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review