All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Anti Wrinkle Creams
      #142194 - 01/24/05 07:37 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

Hey.. I'm still relatively young.. but I think GASP I just noticed a tiny lil wrinkle starting. (bad news) Anyways.. I figure I might as well start young and use something.

Can anyone reccomend anything relatively cheap but that still works well that I can find in a drugstore. I mean it doesn't have to be hardcore.. but something that will help out now while i'm still young.

THANKS!

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Anti Wrinkle Creams new
      #142269 - 01/25/05 04:26 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Yes, I use L'Oreal Plenitude, Eye defence. It's not too expensive.

#142308 - 01/25/05 07:04 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

Ash --
I teach skincare lessons, and I'm just as young...but wrinkles ARE forming under your skin already!

You can't get my skincare line from a drugstore, but it's definately a lot cheaper than most 'famous' skincare lines. Check out my website - this stuff is amazing. The base in EVERY product, even the makeup, is Aloe - it's constantly healing and rejuvinating your skin. My skin feels and looks amazing, better than it ever has! And I am determined to not get wrinkles for a long time!

I had to go through training to learn EVERY ingredient in these products, that's why I believe in them so much, I know everything that goes into producing them. I will never use anything else!

L'Bri

--------------------
~Cara~

#142320 - 01/25/05 07:19 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

thanks girls I'll check them both out!

oh and cara what would you reccomend from your site. I already have a facial lotion that I love.. I'm looking something more for wrinkles.

--------------------

#142321 - 01/25/05 07:21 AM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

my dermatologist told me that it's best to stay away from anti-wrinkle creams altogether.

He said the only reason they appear to get rid of wrinkles is because it causes the skin to sort of "puff up"....apparently you can become reliant on it and it's not good for you.

But if you really do want to use one my mom uses this one from Vichi (could be only available in Canada) and she loves it....smells really yummy too!!

#142327 - 01/25/05 07:32 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

thanks kimm.. its not that I really want to use one.. but I reallly don't want wrinkles.. especially not now.

i should ask my dermo too.. thanks for the advice

--------------------

#142330 - 01/25/05 07:37 AM
Sara-Sage

Your link doesn't work?!

Here Tina... new
      #142334 - 01/25/05 07:39 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

Try this one... L'Bri

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

I'm sorry! :( Thanks Rachel! -nt- new
      #142461 - 01/25/05 11:12 AM
Cara4503

--------------------
~Cara~

Thanks Rachel! -nt- new
      #142554 - 01/25/05 01:21 PM
Sara-Sage

Anyone that is interested... new
      #142624 - 01/25/05 02:50 PM
Cara4503

Please ask me any questions you have about the skincare line! I would love to help you out and find out about your skintype.

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: Anyone that is interested... new
      #142630 - 01/25/05 02:54 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Hey Cara,

Do you guys ever have sales? Unfortunately my cash flow is limited but have been wanting to try your products! Or maybe sampler sets?

--------------------
- Jennifer

#142693 - 01/25/05 06:06 PM
Cara4503

Hey!

Unfortunately we don't have sample sets...I can order samples to pass out, but customers cannot.
We do have sales - once you sign as a new customer (which doesn't mean you have to buy anything, it just gives you a username and password), you can look through at products and prices!

There are sets you can buy, which save you money...

Any purchase over $45 has no shipping costs...and there are no taxes unless you live in Wisconsin.

Products are shipped to you so quickly, usually in 2-3 days, sometimes customers have gotten products the very next day!

Everything has a 30-day money back guarentee also, so there are no worries!

Everything you see on there is a 3-4 month supply. So for example, the trio (cleanser, freshener, moisturizer) is $45 right now - for a 3-4 month supply! That is very inexpensive comparatively, and it's the best product you can put on your skin, period! I really believe in it and will never use anything else, I even use L'Bri body wash because it's so good for your pores and hubby loves the smell!

The 5-peice set (cleanser, freshener, eye repair gel, exfoliator, and moisturizer) is $74.50, which is like getting the exfoliator for free! This is the most popular set, the eye repair gel feels awesome - it's aloe and cucumbers, along with vitamins and botanicals and some selected deep sea plants. The exfoliator will not scratch your skin like most do, because it doesn't contain the shells of the peanuts and walnuts in it. These products are as natural as they can be for being man-made...no artificial colors, fragrances, etc - so people with really sensitive skin love it!

--------------------
~Cara~

#142737 - 01/25/05 08:44 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Thanks for all the info, Cara! I will definitely be checking out the site.

--------------------
- Jennifer

#142742 - 01/25/05 09:09 PM
ptillen

Reged: 06/27/04
Loc: Milwaukee WI

I have heard the same thing. At best, they're probably big fat waste of money. Here... is a really good article by "The Cosmetics Cop" on how wrinkles happen and why creams don't work.

I agree - but only to a point... new
      #142840 - 01/26/05 07:52 AM
Cara4503

Of course no one can completely stop wrinkles from forming! It's normal! But that doesn't mean you shouldn't put the best product for your skin on your face! Some products clog your pores and can make wrinkles show even more!
Everyone needs to wash and take care of their skin, and I think it's very important to know what ingredients you are putting on your skin everday!

The reason I like L'Bri so much is not only because of what is IN the products, but because of what is NOT in the products, like waxes, drying alcohols, harsh chemicals, heavy oils, and artificials!

Although we can't prevent wrinkles from coming, we CAN slow the process, and we can make our skin the healthiest we possibly can!

--------------------
~Cara~

I love the Cosmetics Cop!!! new
      #142903 - 01/26/05 09:50 AM
LittleLamb

Reged: 07/22/04
Loc: USA

Paula Begoun - she is awesome!

I struggled with bad acne for YEARS until I read her books. Once I followed her advice, I hardly ever get a pimple anymore! Maybe one small one a month, tops!

Over the years I tried oral antibiotics, topical antibiotics, peels, extractions, Retin-A, etc. Nothing worked. Dermatologists could offer no help. I noticed that in more recent years all the dermatologists that I would visit would try and peddle expensive skin care lines to me. I tried several, and they all turned my skin into raw hamburger and made everything worse! I later learned that they receive a nice kick-back for the prodcuts that they sell. I also later found out that most dermatologists receive no training in cosmetic usage. They mainly focus on giving you medicine to cure a problem. The problem is that if you are putting a bunch of bad products on your skin, it will negate what they are trying to do for you with the medicine! It becomes a vicious cycle.

I cannot recommend Paula Begoun's books, advice and products highly enough. I have saved literally thousands of dollars since I found her website.

Even if you have OK skin, I would suggest VEHEMENTLY that you read her books. They are eye openers and wow have I learned a lot! Most of what we learn as women from magazines and cosmetic counters is garbage - utter nonsense with no scientific backing.

Since following her advice, my skin GLOWS! My skin condition has improved. I not only am acne-free, but my skin is radiant, soft, supple and in balance (not dry or overly oily). I receive compliments all the time on how pretty my skin is. I could cry typing this - I used to be so ashamed of my skin and constantly was checking to see if my zits were adequately covered up. I am 30 years old, and I get asked all the time what High School I go to! LOL

If you want to prevent wrinkles - wear a hat, put on sunscreen EVERY day, care for your skin gently and forget the wrinkle creams - they don't work. They are a bunch of hooey and a waste of your money.

Visit her site, buy her books - I have never known anyone who followed her advice to be unhappy! www.cosmeticscop.com

Re: I love the Cosmetics Cop!!! new
      #142961 - 01/26/05 11:51 AM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

Thanks for reminding me about Paula Bedoun, she is the greatest! I have added her sight to my fav's and intend on going back when I have more time!

I love her too!!!

Yes! new
      #142980 - 01/26/05 12:26 PM
Cara4503

I'm really glad you are having such luck! What skin products do you use on your skin, can I ask??

And you're right - the WORST things for your skin and wrinkles are #1) SUN DAMAGE and #2) SMOKING!

Besides that, you can age your skin by putting harmful chemicals on it....

EG - you should really never use soap bars on your skin - the first ingredient is wax! You know that soap scum you clean off your tub?? That is what is sitting on your skin, not allowing moisture in. Not putting moisturizer on your skin is like not drinking water for your body! Think about it - put a prune in mineral oil (the first ingredient in most moisturizers) and put a prune in aloe - you'll see the prune in mineral oil shrivel up in time and dry out - and the one in aloe actually absorbs moisture and gets plumper - showing less wrinkles! It is VERY important to know what ingredients and products you put on your face.

I agree that 'wrinkle creams' do not get rid of wrinkles, and are definately too expensive! But your cleansers and moisturizers should be the best that they can be for your skin, or you're not doing it any good.

Also - everyone HAS to wash thier face TWICE A DAY! Going to sleep with makeup on ages your skin 3 DAYS everytime.

Foundations and coverup sit on your skin all day, getting into your pores - you should be careful of the ingredients in those also, and make sure you wash them off at the end of the day!!

I love talking about skincare if you didn't notice....:)

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: Ashley new
      #143157 - 01/26/05 05:46 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

Ashley, Ashley, Ashley! Just get a moisturizer you can afford with sunscreen in it. It will be fine for now, then when you finish school, you will have a great job and will be able to afford better skin products.

Right now, good cleanser, and a moisturizer with sunscreen. I have heard so many older women, I am talking about women in their '70's plus, say that a moisturizer was all they ever used. My grandmother had beautiful skin when she died, she was 84! She stayed out of the sun when she was young she was so afraid of burning. Back then, they wore sunbonnets, hehehe. That was a lonnngggggggg time ago. Man, how I miss her! Staying out of the sun is not an option for us these days.

love ya honey !

Re: Ashley new
      #143202 - 01/26/05 08:03 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

aww thanks gigi!!

I'll def take your advice.. my mom agrees wholeheartedly

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 735 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1846

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review