All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Scratches on Bumper new
      #142062 - 01/24/05 03:25 PM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Hmmm, its possible that someone hit you tonight in the parking lot of the grocery store. Maybe a shopping cart slammed into your bumper... Regardless, you can't get the person who did it.

What I suggest is to buy some Scratch X from your local automotive store. That should be able to take out most of the scratches with no harm to your car... Check it out Scratch X

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

NO!!! NO NO NO NO NO!!! -nt- new
      #142065 - 01/24/05 03:31 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Re: Scratches on Bumper new
      #142070 - 01/24/05 03:36 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Ya, I think it happened tonight. You might be right. It's pretty bad. It's not light scratches, it's black and really scraped to the point that there's no paint and just the bumper is showing in some areas. I don't think that product would cover it, but thanks.

I called my BF to ask him if he did it. Oops. Of course he didn't.

It sucks but the odd thing is there was a scratch there before (but not as bad) from when I scraped up in a parking garage against the cement divider. I got a quote from Toyota and they said it would cost $700! They have to take the whole bumper off, fix it, and then repaint the whole bumper to match. Now I'll have to get it repaired as it looks REALLY bad. My car's only 2.5 years old.

I'm going to go sulk/cry now.

Re: Nope! new
      #142081 - 01/24/05 03:50 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Few reasons #1 Hurts the tummy
#2 Emitaphobic here too!
#3 which I guess SHOULD be #1 is that I come from a father that is a recovering alcoholic and a grandfather which is also recovering and when your family background is has alcoholics in it you have a tendency to become one so I chose to just stay away in general

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Re: Can you drink alcohol? POLL new
      #142102 - 01/24/05 04:26 PM
ptillen

Reged: 06/27/04
Loc: Milwaukee WI

Can, but for the most part choose not to. I don't like the way it makes me feel, and would prefer to always be in as much mental control as I can. I like the way I feel and function better when I don't drink.

#142103 - 01/24/05 04:26 PM
RGS

Reged: 07/13/04
Loc: Queensland, Australia

It used to give me a hell of a time the next day, to the extent that i'd consider giving it up, but then friends would come to town and.......
Anyway since completing the hypno course i seem to be far more tolerant of it, more tolerant of a lot of things for that matter.

#142124 - 01/24/05 05:06 PM
Computr821

Reged: 12/02/04
Loc: University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA/ Baltimore, MD

Nope. And not just because of the IBS; my alcohol tolerance is horrifically low.

--------------------
Why'd you have to go and make me so constipated?
--'Weird' Al Yankovic, "A Complicated Song"

#142127 - 01/24/05 05:07 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Really? Aren't you in school? Do you get pressured a lot to drink with your budies?

#142211 - 01/24/05 09:16 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Nope. Not at all. Half a glass of anything will have my tummy in knots and anything more will have me dashing to the loo with major d! Just not worth it!

--------------------
Amy

Sometimes new
      #142215 - 01/24/05 09:44 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi guys,
Good post, I wondered about this the other day too.
I can handle alcohol sometimes, but I seem like that with a lot of things! Like, I am the same with dairy. Sometimes it's fine, sometime's it's _awful_.
I know I definitely CANNOT drink beer after a bad Budweiser experience last year and I haven't tried it again since. White wine usually bothers me, and I HATE red wine so I don't know.. but the smell makes me queasy so probably not.
I used to drink Bacardi Breezers a lot and when my IBS was _fairly_ stable, I never had a big problem. Once my IBS got worse, though, I didn't risk it.
Someone else already said this, but I can drink vodka with cranberry juice too and haven't ever had a problem. I also used to drink Archers (peach schnaps) with cranberry juice, and sprite. But I ALWAYS eat first (something safe), drink lots of water before I go to bed... I usually feel it the next day, but it's not usually worse than any other bad tummy day.. and it's usually more nauseous and just 'ick' feeling.
Man, I wish I had a drink right now... Hee hee! Back to Canadian Women's History Paper (someone save me!!), sans alcohol!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 152 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 17381

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review