All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
pregnant?
      #141637 - 01/23/05 05:45 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

Hi ladies...well, I don't really want to share this with the 'real' people in my life, barr hubby of course, because its all probably nothing...but I think I could be pregnant...
I went off the pill a few months ago and it took me 45 days to get my first period, then the next one came 37 days later...I am now on day 34 and my third period is just not here. I have been having pms like symptoms for well over a week and no show! I have never felt so purely exhausted in my entire life, my boobs feel weird, nauseated, spaced out, moody (thats an understatement hahhaha!), starving!! constipated...which is normal for me sometimes but the IBS has been really behaving itself recently...
now...we have been using condoms but lately we have been doing the withdrawal method quite a lot (my niece and nephew were conceived this way!)...we always think that day 14 of my cycle is the one to look out for because for the average cycle that is around ovulation time..but looks like my cycle is long at the moment and we did withdrawal almost every night after day 19ish....so I guess that could have been risky huh?
My husband is not up for a baby right now, and I feel totally excited, elated, nervous etc for it...my main fear is my emetaphobia (terrified of throwing up hence morning sickness is worse for me then labour pains in the fear stakes!!!) and I know this is all so silly because I am putting ideas into my own head and I probably am not even pregnant!! Part of me wants to be so badly that maybe I am making all this up..but the physical symptoms are just pretty overwhelming. I am so tired!!!
I really thought my cycle would be shorter this month because before I was on the pill my cycle was 29 days...so I thought each month out of the pill it would get shorter...which is why I am worried I have reached 34 days with no sign of bleeding.
Why don't you just shut up and take a test you ask? well, because tests aren't cheap and I am too body aware sometimes and I can't just go out and get myself wound up every month and keep taking tests (this happened last month too!)...I need to learn to let go and actually wait till it is officially late eg 40 days or something...
thanks for listening...you are all the best!!
an overanalytical dalia XXXXXXXXX

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Dalia new
      #141642 - 01/23/05 05:53 PM

Unregistered

You're right, that is a lot to have on your mind! Not that I'd know too much on this topic, but your the way you say you've been feeling lately does sound suspicious. I can't imagine how it will be someday to wait through that unknown period of time where it's too early to tell and you just don't know! I am totally with you on the emetaphobia thing too - I could have nightmares about it it scares me so much. But there are people who never have morning sickness so maybe we'll be lucky enough to be those people.

Well maybe we're jumping ahead of ourselves here, but I guess all I can say is good luck with the waiting and I hope that everything turns out like you want it to

Re: Dalia new
      #141648 - 01/23/05 06:01 PM
daliatree

Brittany...you always bring a smile to my face with your replies!!I am trying to be rational about the puke issue...my mum had morning sickness and we are pretty much the same hormonally-periods wise except she is a lover of puking 'better out then in etc - oh dalia, just let it come out' 'NO MUMMY!!!'...but in the pukey way, she is a much more frequent throwerupper...so I always hope two things...that pregnancy nausea will be like ibs nausea (one of my major symptoms) and I am a professional at knowing what to do and also that my mum puked because she is the type to get it up and I am not. But I WISH to GOD this wasn't such a bloody big issue for me!!! Why can't I be normal!!!!! Arggghhh.
Part of me is enjoying the waiting in the sense that the thought that I may have a baby inside makes me want to sob with joy!! and if I get my period part of me will have my hopes dashed!!
Thanks again...

--------------------

#141661 - 01/23/05 06:17 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Hey Dalia- hard to know how to respond, you know? Seems like a mixed bag for you, damned if you are, damned if you're not. I hope whatever happens, it's for the best.

I would love to accidentally get pregnant, as we really really want to have a baby, we have the money, the space, the stability etc. I just don't have the time right now. To that end- we're still using LOTS of birth control. I've never heard that the rhythm method was very reliable.

But, to sympathize with you, I'm paranoid about getting pregnant. If my period is even a little late I freak out. I usually just take the test though. I figure peace of mind is worth it!

Re: pregnant? new
      #141666 - 01/23/05 06:32 PM
LittleLamb

Reged: 07/22/04
Loc: USA

Your symptoms really do sound like pregnancy ones...but could be PMS too! Did you know that dollar stores have pregnancy tests? I was at the dollar store the other day and they had them there! LOL I wonder how accurate they are, though.

Oh, can I understand about the fear of throwing up thing....

Ever since I was tiny, I have been terrified of throwing up. It is one of my worst fears. My poor husband thinks I'm crazy, but he is so sweet about it. He is very respectful and does whatever he can to help me through if I have a stomach virus. (Thank God only 2 times since we've been married! Hopefully never again!)

I am 12 weeks pregnant right now...the morning sickness is different for everyone, but I must say that having IBS is an advantage. Foods that can aggrevate nausea are no-no's for IBS anyways, so we have a leg up already. And many of us are pros at managing nausea with our mints and ginger! LOL

My 1st pregnancy was not too bad - about 5 weeks of feeling icky. No vomiting, just nausea. Same thing with this pregnancy. I have had about 6 weeks of nausea - again, no vomiting. Mints, altoids, water, soda crackers, applesauce, popsicles have been helpful.

Everyone is different - some lucky ladies have none, some have a really bad time. But, the good thing is that if it does get really bad, they have medicine you can take to help you. No one needs to suffer through horrible vomiting.

If you are pregnant, get ready for a wonderful, amazing, incredible adventure! If you aren't....don't sweat it. You'll be able to handle it when it happens. Just find a great OB who is compassionate and listens.

I am excited to hear your news when you know one way or the other! Let us know!

#141667 - 01/23/05 06:32 PM
daliatree

hey...thanks! you're right about the peace of mind thing and I am glad to know that I am not the only one that is paranoid about getting pregnant!!! thanks for your sympathy...

--------------------

#141671 - 01/23/05 06:38 PM
Niesan

Reged: 01/18/05

hi, my name is alice and I am quite new to the site. What you are describing sound like you could be pregnant. Well good luck to you and keep us posted.

#141672 - 01/23/05 06:39 PM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

Hey dalia,
Im glad you posted...I feel like I havent spoken to you on here for ages and was wondering how you were doing! I cant imagine how you're feeling right now, not knowing is always so stressful...Im one of those people who just cant stand anticipation and suspense....I bet you're dying to know just one way or another! I hope that whatever happens you and your hubby are both happy and that things work out how you'd like them to! I also have a slight fear of puking, although I dont think I have it quite so bad as you and Brittany...I always sit on the end of aisles and stuff though cos of my fear....thats something I havent got over yet! Im better than I used to be though! Keep us posted on your suspected pregnancy...and Im praying that if you are that you dont get any nasty sickness....my mum had none throughout all 3 of her pregnancies so Im hoping Ill take after her!! Fingers crossed whatever happens....lots of love and hugs xx

--------------------
Natalie

#141674 - 01/23/05 06:43 PM
Niesan

Reged: 01/18/05

would this be your first pregnancy???

Re: pregnant?
      #141687 - 01/23/05 07:16 PM
daliatree

hey welcome to the site and yep, this would be my first!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 394 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1394

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review