All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
TESTING!! new
      #141688 - 01/23/05 07:18 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

hey I couldn't deal with my psychoness any longer so hubby has gone out in the snow to get a test, so in half an hour I should know....wish me luck! I am happy with either result...but more scared of one of them!!!

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

nathalie new
      #141689 - 01/23/05 07:21 PM
daliatree

you are such a sweetie...I am sorry we haven't chatted for ages...my life has been a bit insane with loads of work etc...I've missed the boards though and obviously this is the first port of call when I am worried about something! Apparently we do take after our mothers when we are pregnant...so looks like you may be a lucky one when you decide to have a baby! I meanwhile, have some morning sickness to look forward to...but then again, I think about the fact that my mum has the best bowels in the world and I have crazy ones...surely that means that we will experience the gastro side of pregnancy differently!?
What drives me mad is the fact that in theory I believe that there is no point worrying about stuff till the time when it is there, and yet I can't seem to put it into practise with the emetaphobia thing...it really drives me mad!
How is everything in good old leeds? I bet its freezing and windy!

--------------------

Re: TESTING!! new
      #141690 - 01/23/05 07:21 PM

Unregistered

Oh my gosh how exciting!! And how nice of your hubby to go out in the cold for you...is that the first time you'd mentioned the possibility of this situation to him?? What did he think?

Let us know asap!!!

#141693 - 01/23/05 07:25 PM
daliatree

he knows my period is 'late' (if it can be considered late considering the fact I went off the pill etc) and keeps making impressions of newborn babies crying, making fun of me...but is being very sweet. I think he will be really emotional if I am because he is the softest hearted guy...now that I am on the verge of taking the test I am starting to doubt that I am...I mean...ME...PREGNANT...how can that be? its always something that happens to somebody else!
Anyway, if I am not, I will be kind of embarrassed that I made this whole big deal about it!!

--------------------

#141694 - 01/23/05 07:29 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Oh good grief- don't be embarrassed by that. Seriously, my friends and I have a long standing joke about our paranoia of getting pregnant (I can't tell you the specifics of the joke, it would probably offend some people). Trust me- I bet the majority of people who buy those tests are NOT pregnant, and if you can sleep well at night, what does it matter? If it makes you feel better, the last time I freaked out I bought a two-pack so I'd have one on hand the next time I panicked!

LOL new
      #141695 - 01/23/05 07:31 PM
daliatree

my husband is buying a two pack now!! we were just joking about getting a whole load in costco etc!!!

--------------------

Re: LOL new
      #141696 - 01/23/05 07:35 PM
chinagrl

Heh- what, does he want to make sure he never needs to go out in the snow again?

Negative!!! new
      #141701 - 01/23/05 07:58 PM
daliatree

Just did a test and was sooo nervous..the result is hard to see, very faint, but its negative!!! I feel surprisingly relieved! Phew...thanks for all your kind support and words lovely people!

--------------------

Re: Negative!!! new
      #141703 - 01/23/05 08:02 PM
chinagrl

Ah- now you know!

Re: Negative!!! new
      #141705 - 01/23/05 08:15 PM

Unregistered

Well maybe it wasn't meant to be this time..but I think you two would be wonderful parents. It might come along when you least expect it, but when it's right it will be perfect And be more careful !

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 500 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1402

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review