All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Migraines are top priority again...
      #141502 - 01/23/05 10:57 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Hi, everybody. I'm not going to be around much because I need to work on getting my migraines under control like my IBS is. The support all of you have given me on both problems has been tremendously helpful. I am so glad I found this forum a year ago. I hope a year from now I can tell you that my migraines are a thing of the past too.

Warm hugs to everybody!!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

My Buddy is leaving??? new
      #141515 - 01/23/05 11:20 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

LS, I hope you know I want you to have the best quality of life you are possible of having, but I am teary eyed at the thought of not seeing your smiling face and helpful advice on the boards.

I have come to seek out your replies and words of wisdom and advice. I am really struggling, as you know, and you have been so full of helpful thoughts.

While I understand why you need to work on the migraines, I'm confused at how leaving the board will help with that? Don't you think the love and support you could find on the boards from all of us who like you so much would be helpful for you? Maybe not help the migraines, but help with encouraging and lifting you up when you are feeling bad, whether it was for your IBS or now your headaches.

I know you need to do what you feel is best for you, but I hope you will consider staying with us for the support. You don't need to post advice even, just join your friends in the Living Room maybe.

What are you going to do to help work on the migraines. Just curious? Is there another board geared towards that problem?

I'm just feeling sad. I feel like I am losing someone in my life and that is hard. I know, selfish me.

I hope you find some relief for your migraines. And I will miss you, my friend.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: My Buddy is leaving??? new
      #142076 - 01/24/05 03:46 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Bethie, sweetie!! I'm not leaving completely, you can't get rid of me that easy!! I'll still be around giving advice and ordering people around. I have BBSS (Bossy Big Sister Syndrome)!!!! I'm addicted to telling people how to run their lives! That's why I love this board so much!!

The thing about needing to spend time on the migraine board is because they are experts about migraines just like here we're experts about IBS. And I need to go learn from them just as I learned from everyone here. And believe me, when I'm crabby, I'll be right back here whining! There is no place on the internet as warm and loving and supportive as here.

But I'm tired of having a migraine a week. So I've got to go show the universe I'm willing to be healed by spending time reading and posting and asking advice on the migraine board. It's already helped me tremendously and there's always something new to try.

The site is The guide there is Teri Robert. She's like Heather is here. The link to the forum is on the left hand side at the top of the column.

But don't worry, I'll be around, and you're going to do just fine, sweetie, I know it!!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Well now I'm happy again new
      #142171 - 01/24/05 06:34 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Wow, do they have a board for everything??? Kandee keeps telling me I should go on celiac.com for their gluten free tips. But I don't think I have time for two boards at once. The job sort of takes up a lot of time.

I hope you get the help you need. I've never had a migraine, but regular headaches are bad enough.

I wish I had as much faith in my future as you. All I know is that I've been on this IBS diet for months now and I am no better, probably worse (the Constipation part). I sometimes think maybe this diet is for D and pain predominant people basically. Or sometimes I think the confusion and contradictory advice may be because the D people may be giving advice to a C person without knowing it. Maybe we should all have C or D next to our user names so that we all know who's who.

I know the basics of the diet is the same for everyone, but there has to be some differences between what's helpful for a D vs a C. Like I know a lot of C find that unpeeled fruit is better for them. Etc...

Glad to hear you will be around though.You bring a lot to the board, Laura Sue. Thank you.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Do what ya gotta do !! new
      #142756 - 01/25/05 10:35 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

LS, I totally understand. Though I am so sorry to hear that those migraines will just not leave you alone. It is time to go to a plac where you can talk only about the migraines.
I am always here for you honey. Come on back when you need some more hugs and love!!! take care, gayla

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 221 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 333

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review