All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
6 inches of snow and it's still coming down!
      #140941 - 01/22/05 09:32 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

The snow's coming down hard, and I'm warm and cozy listening to German pop music and drinking beer. I hope we don't lose power cos we're well stocked (30 pack of miller lite).

Oop. It's thundering outside now. Cool.

~nelly~ *burp*

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Beer??? new
      #140943 - 01/22/05 09:36 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

Having fun are you? j/k

I am jealous of the snow though!! We completely missed out on this storm, which is unusual for Iowa! All we got was a little freezing rain.

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Yes!!! new
      #140948 - 01/22/05 09:51 AM
Nelly

Yes! It's a beer day. I've been going through the German top 100 with my BF and some of the music is so funny. The top #1 song as of last night is "Snappy, the Little Crocodile" sung by, I kid you not, a three year-old. My fave is #10, Die Totten Hosen ('80's band, anyone remember them??) doing a Irish-y folk-y "Throw the Whale back in the Sea" which might be about dumping a fat chick, but I'm not sure. OK, Rammstein's playing now.

On to beer #2! Woo HOOO! SNOW DAY!!

~nelly~

Hehe! new
      #140955 - 01/22/05 10:06 AM
RachelT

I never drink, so I'm such a light weight when it comes to alcohol! After 2 beers, I'd be done for. Actually... come to think of it, 2 beers has always done me in, even during my "experimenting" stage, when I had more of a tolerance (or so I thought ).

Have fun Nelly!! I love snow days too... although I'd probably be out in it making snow angels or something.

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)

Scotch Day new
      #140957 - 01/22/05 10:15 AM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Nelly, what up babe? Long time no hear! I have my Johnnie Walker Black ready to go! Only about an inch or two so far... I am actually going to take a walk in about an hour to get some Chinese food.

I figure the scotch will be flowing around 3 or 4pm. Anyone want to come over? Its just me all by my lonesome... JK!

--------------------

Snow days rock! new
      #140958 - 01/22/05 10:17 AM
Nelly

Hey Rachel! Yeah, I only drink on snow days and, um, laundry days. Come to think of it, maybe I should put some laundry in as long as I'm drinking beer.

In German music news, the group Alcazar has combined "This is the World We Live In" and "Upside Down" by Diana Ross to make Germany's number 86 pop hit. As of yesterday, that is. Totally kicky.

~nelly~

Count me in!! new
      #140960 - 01/22/05 10:21 AM
Nelly

Het Tommy! Congrats on the job interviewing!! Hey, I've got some JD Black ready to go, if I can join you in a drink around 3-ish!

It's not technically drinking by yourself if you've got someone doing it with you, right? Let's have a happy hour!

~nelly~ It's a snoooooow daaaaay!!

Woohooo! new
      #140961 - 01/22/05 10:23 AM
TommyNY

Threeish it then. We'll ge that drink we never had while you were in NY and I was in my deathbed

Thanks for the well wishes regarding my interviewing. if I have all of you guys pulling for me then I should get something, right!

--------------------

Re: Woohooo! new
      #140962 - 01/22/05 10:26 AM
Nelly

Make it a big drink!! You for getting through the harrowing interview & interrogation process! And I, the unemployed, need look no further to drink!

'Cept it's a snow daaay! *flipping hair, wide grin, throwing a snowball*

~nelly~

Re: Woohooo! new
      #140963 - 01/22/05 10:29 AM
TommyNY

Hey, I expect a drunken e-mail from you young lady. I sent you an e-mail a couple of days ago because I was bit worried about ya... But it seems you're ok and back to yourself. You still owe me

-tommy ny- Mouth watering for that first drink of scotch

--------------------

No prob!! new
      #140965 - 01/22/05 10:41 AM
Nelly

OK! Can do! I have to use my hotmail account, cos my nel account has been frozen, cos the site is down until the pres of the company pays his bill! His check card # was stolen and he got a new one, only the direct payment he was on was on the cancelled account number. Hm, long excuse... I'll just promise a nice drunken email later after Jack Black!!!

In other news: Oh. My. Gosh. I've realized that all the 80's music went to die in Germany. It's all been reserructed in bad German techno remakes, sung in German. *shudder*

Top Nelly picks so far: "Kein Haus is so verrukt wie unser Haus" is the German remake of Madness's "Our House" and the translation is "no house is as messed up as our house."

Another good one is "Wie Familie" by the german group the Big Brother Allstars is a remake of "We are a Family" by the Pointer Sisters. The direct translation is "Like a Family..."

*SHUDDER* IT'S SO BAD, I CAN'T STOP LISTENING...!!!

~nelly~

Re: No prob!! new
      #140967 - 01/22/05 10:45 AM
TommyNY

Looking forward to it Nelly!

"Kein Haus is so verrukt wie unser Haus" sounds liek it rocks! Can I hear any of this fantastic German music over the 'net? It can be another addition to our Virtual Happy Hr!

Hey, maybe that should be a new thread! Nelly & Tommy's Virtual Happy Hr. We can post whenever we want and see how bad our grammar and language get after the alcohol kicks in. Others can join in from across the country... Fun times I tell ya!

--------------------

Re: 6 inches of snow and it's still coming down! new
      #140987 - 01/22/05 11:20 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

We have over a foot here near Chicago! And blustery wild wind. Duh, guess that's why it's called the Windy City.

I gotta move somewhere warmer!

BTW, doesn't the alcohol bother your tummy. I thought alcohol was one of the ten deadly sins!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

I AM SO THERE!!!!! new
      #140988 - 01/22/05 11:20 AM
Nelly

Nelly & Tommy's Virtual Happy Hr!!!! What a great idea!! Brought to you by snow and the letters Zzzzz! And by the letters J&D and the color Black!

OK I've had 2 beers and have a glass of JD on the rocks poured. What appetizers shall we serve at this virtual shindig? I'm boiling some eggs for lunch at the mo!

~nelly~

#140991 - 01/22/05 11:25 AM
Nelly

Yes, you are correct! The alcohol does bother the tummy, which is what I'm counting on. I'm a D, but really stable right now. Usually when I'm stable like this, I don't go unless I go off my meds or do what I'm doing now: provoke an attack. It's been like 8 days. So I'm all set to use the potty now.

I don't drink or otherwise engage in bad food behavior when my stomach goes out, only when it's doing ok. Or like right now, when it's way stable, and it's time to get things moving. But kids, odn't try this at home!

~nelly~ (plus it's a snoooow daaaay!)

Re: I AM SO THERE!!!!! new
      #140992 - 01/22/05 11:25 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

haha you guys are sooo funny! I'd love to join.. I'm always down for a nice drink. but I have to work.

It hasn't started snowing yet here in boston... but I'm scared.. ESPECIALLY beacuse I have to work tonight and drive there.. I'm not really in the mood to drive home in a foot of snow.

Anyways.. throw one back for me.. haha I made up for it last night and got a lil tipsy.. maybe i'll join you after work if happy hour lasts all night.

--------------------

#140993 - 01/22/05 11:27 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

I still drink (i'm 23 and still in school..i'm allowed haha).. I just take an immodium before and it works like a breeze

--------------------

#140995 - 01/22/05 11:27 AM
MCV

Reged: 01/04/05
Loc: Manchester, NH

The snow must be on its way here then - I'm in NH. The weather forecast is saying we could have blizzard conditions starting in the next few hours continuing throughout the night. Sorry to disappoint all you snow lovers, but I am DREADING it. That's right, I live in New England and I HATE winter! Going to run out and do my grocery shopping before driving becomes impossible!!

--------------------
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Michelle
IBS-A, pain predominant

Hmmm... new
      #140999 - 01/22/05 11:36 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

maybe I'll try a 7-7 next time instead of the nasty prune juice I resorted to last night. I think prune juice is another no no anyhow. But don't know if the alcohol would give me a BM or just a tummy ache!

Like Rachel, I'm pretty much a light weight anyhow. I hate beer with a passion.

Anyhow, glad your enjoying yourself this snowy day!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

#141000 - 01/22/05 11:38 AM
Nelly

Sounds great, Spicey!! Could always use another more in our little party!! How much did you get in Boston, 12 inches? Is it still snowing?

There's 8 inches on my banister on the balcony here! And it's still coming down! Good thing I bought that sled! Here, puppy, puppy!

~nelly~

#141001 - 01/22/05 11:40 AM
TommyNY

Johnnie black on the rocks is already poured... Well, I just got some CHinese food and dumplings will be eaten in a moment. Appetizers can be anyone's choice! Cheers to all my peeps in the IBS LR celebrating with the Nelly & Tom Virtual Happy hr!

--------------------

LOL!!! new
      #141003 - 01/22/05 11:43 AM
Nelly

Ugh, prune juice!! I say have a BM and get a buzz. Imodium works great for me for the insuing tummyache.

I'm so not the lightweight I used to be. In college I did fine with drinking, but I was never into playing quarters or other binge drinking activities. Ugh, binge drinking. Yuk.

But after college my tolerance went way down, and now it's back up again. All that drinking I did with gov't clients while I was in DC shot that tolerance way up. I am no longer a cheap date, unf.

OK back to the festivities! I'm going to throw snoballs at my dog now...

~nelly~

RUles are made to be broken new
      #141004 - 01/22/05 11:44 AM
TommyNY

Yup, alcohol is a trigger in many people. For me only wine really gives me problems. Beer is ok on my tummy and my buddy Johnnie Black is always good for me on a cold, snowy day!

--------------------

Re: 18 inches predicted here in PA!!! new
      #141005 - 01/22/05 11:44 AM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Yep AND I hate the snow! I feel confined when it's that much snow. Claustraphobic thing I guess. One of my issues...Anywho, it's supposed to lay 2inches an hr. Is that not insane Oh and God fobid the Eagle's don't play tomorrow. I think the city of Philly would go into a depression. If I hear one more E-A-G-L-E-S chant I'm gonna throw up. Nope not an Eagle's fan, can you tell
Sorry...Just in a bad mood today... Woman issues. Got cramps, miserable, hate snow, blah blah blah. ON a good note, IBS is good to me today.....

Thanks for listening

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Oh no! Take it easy on those roads, MCV!! -nt- new
      #141007 - 01/22/05 11:44 AM
Nelly

Oh man I forgot about wine! new
      #141009 - 01/22/05 11:47 AM
Nelly

Yeah, wine cuts right through me too. But beer I can have for breakfast for some reason. Exactly the opposite of wine, which I HAVE to have with food. Beer with food just makes me bloated!! OK, TMI! Time to go back to the drinking!!

~nelly~

Re: Oh man I forgot about wine! new
      #141013 - 01/22/05 11:49 AM
TommyNY

Last year, I had a week off during the winter. I made myself dinner and had some wine. Needless to say, in about a couple of hours I was running to my bathroom. Wine is such a no-no for Tommy NY. I can't have beer with dinner either Nel. I have the same problem...

Back to drinking, wait I need a refill! Nell! Whats on the top of the German Pops now?

--------------------

#141014 - 01/22/05 11:50 AM
Nelly

Have a drink, Lil Sis!! On me. Join our little party and have a glass. Tee heee.

I heard something funny the other day, tell me if it's true. Do Eagles fans pronounce it "Eggels"?? Maybe we should pronounce Redskins something special too. Something that rhymes with "disappointing" maybe...

~nelly~ Go skins in '06!

#141015 - 01/22/05 11:51 AM
TommyNY

Shouldn't Eagles rhyme with something like CHOKE?

--------------------

Re: Oh man I forgot about wine! new
      #141017 - 01/22/05 11:54 AM
Nelly

There's a German rap *UGH!* playing now... "Something something... HOMEY, something...!" Can't understand it. Somehow German rap wasn't covered in college. Shame, tho. Could have been a course there. Anything past Falco is too advanced for me. Nelly needs to get back to school, Yo.

~nelly~ Ich bin ein Superstar... aber so popular... ROCK ME AMADEUS!

OHO! He WENT there!!! -nt- new
      #141018 - 01/22/05 11:55 AM
Nelly

~nelly~

#141019 - 01/22/05 11:56 AM
Nelly

I'm toasting to everyone!!!!!!!!

~nelly~

Re: OHO! He WENT there!!! -nt- new
      #141020 - 01/22/05 11:59 AM
TommyNY

I SO went there!! Eagles stink!! YEAH!

Disclaimer: please note that these are the rantings of a disgruntled NY Giants fan drinking Johnnie Black during a blizzard. This may not represent the real opinion of Tommy.... Okay, who we kidding, of course it does!!!

--------------------

I with you on this one!!!!!!!!! new
      #141022 - 01/22/05 12:01 PM
RachelT

DAMN Eagles!!! Not that the Vikes are any good! But hey, it would have been nice to see them go further! Hehehe! At least we beat the Packers!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)

#141025 - 01/22/05 12:03 PM
LittleLisa

Thanks for the invite!!! I HAVE to pass. Me and alcohol ...#1 not to mention the fact that I'm 93lbs I only need 1 drink and I'm done #2 hurts my belly BADDDDDDDDDDDDDDD. I'll take a 7-up though and join the fun. Don't have to have alcohol to have fun right>>>>

You were sort of right with the pronouncing. They call em "IGGLE'S". Philly people talk funny. They call the grocery store ACME "ACAME" and Sherry would be Shurry. I, however, do not have that accent. Thank goodness. Only my parents do

I'm hopin we have a better year next year. Let's just stick to Redskins as opposed to my husband and kids calling em the "Deadskins" which unfortunately this year they were correct

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

HEY! HEY!! YOU!!! new
      #141028 - 01/22/05 12:03 PM
Nelly

OK, OK, now let's just back aaaawaaay from the sports referances!! Tommy! Behave!! And Rachel, I don't see a drink in your hand, young lady!!

~nelly~ Keeping da peace since '05 wit a lil bit of love and a lot of whiskey

#141030 - 01/22/05 12:04 PM
LittleLisa

Yes and please pray to whatever Saint is up there that they do lose! I can not live in this town if they win this game!!!!!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Bartender! Pour Lil Sis a 7-Up! new
      #141032 - 01/22/05 12:05 PM
Nelly

You so don't have to have alcohol to have fun. Why if we pooled our perscription drugs alone...

OK, just kidding. I drank beer for breakfast. don't listen to me.

~nelly~

Ah... What the he!! new
      #141033 - 01/22/05 12:06 PM
RachelT

This is cyberspace right??? Drinks are on me!!!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)

Woo hooo!!! ALL HAIL RACHELT!!!!! -nt- new
      #141035 - 01/22/05 12:07 PM
Nelly

~nelly~

Re: OHO! He WENT there!!! -nt- new
      #141045 - 01/22/05 12:13 PM
LittleLisa

Oh you go there all you want! A man after my own heart! Any ANTI Eagles fan is a fan of mine!!!!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Re: Bartender! Pour Lil Sis a 7-Up! new
      #141048 - 01/22/05 12:16 PM
LittleLisa

LOL Nelly....you are funny whether you are drinking or not drinking!!!!

There go the snowmobiles...........Oh let this snow be over soon!!!!! Not the party of course Just the snow!!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

8-10" and its still falling here... new
      #141075 - 01/22/05 12:32 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

hard to believe when I went to work this AM it had just started.. I'm home for the afternoon trying to decide what to do with myself.. I'm not going back out thats for sure...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Stay in, Khyricat!!! new
      #141103 - 01/22/05 12:49 PM
Nelly

...and have a virtual drink on us!! Join the party!

~nelly~

OH it's not so bad-- new
      #141107 - 01/22/05 12:51 PM
Nelly

When you have company like this!! All hail the electric company, and its ability to stay juiced up! To... JUICE!!

*swigging beer, daintily*

~nelly~

#141117 - 01/22/05 12:57 PM
ptillen

Reged: 06/27/04
Loc: Milwaukee WI

Same conditions in Milwaukee. Now it's stopped snowing (I think, although it's really hard to tell cause the wind is so fierce) and I'm debating whether to go outside and shovel yet again.
Wow!
Kind of enjoying my own snow day- rehearsal got cancelled so I'm sitting in peace, reading, with a cat in my lap, husband roasting a chicken, so the house smells like Thanksgiving. Very homey, huh?

Hey Ptillen, and welcome! new
      #141137 - 01/22/05 01:17 PM
Nelly

Pour yourself a sherry and chill with us. We're a rowdy bunch, but mostly harmless!!

I've got 10" of snow on my balcony, with a storm right behind this one! Cooool!

~nelly~

Re: Stay in, Khyricat!!! new
      #141197 - 01/22/05 01:59 PM
khyricat

I will and I'm staying in... my sister is the crazy one- in Manhattan for 2 sets of theatre tickets and spent last night at the marriot... no clue how they'll get back to NJ today...

--------------------
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic

#141203 - 01/22/05 02:04 PM
Nelly

Oh man, they are so stuck. Well, better be at the Marriott than elsewhere, I guess. Which play did they see? I've been trying to get tix to Wicked but no luck so far!

~nelly~

#141304 - 01/22/05 04:26 PM
Computr821

Reged: 12/02/04
Loc: University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA/ Baltimore, MD

I heard 10-16...whatever. I'm on the U of P campus, and we're not moving anywhere. The snow plow thingie cleared the walkways but only partially, so I had to trudge through snow to get to the Hillel today.

Oh, and a lot of people are playing football in the snow. Go figure.

--------------------
Why'd you have to go and make me so constipated?
--'Weird' Al Yankovic, "A Complicated Song"

#141316 - 01/22/05 04:40 PM
khyricat

not sure- one set tehy had bought, the other set was the replacement tickets for not being able to see the stage at another show (same theatre as the prior show, better tix)... the hotel was free- they had a free night at any marriot for all the rooms booked at their wedding - Dad let them keep one that he didn't use towards the suite or his room, and they decided to use it now and not wait for their anniversary.

Amie

--------------------
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 553 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9951

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review