All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
No prob!! new
      #140965 - 01/22/05 10:41 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

OK! Can do! I have to use my hotmail account, cos my nel account has been frozen, cos the site is down until the pres of the company pays his bill! His check card # was stolen and he got a new one, only the direct payment he was on was on the cancelled account number. Hm, long excuse... I'll just promise a nice drunken email later after Jack Black!!!

In other news: Oh. My. Gosh. I've realized that all the 80's music went to die in Germany. It's all been reserructed in bad German techno remakes, sung in German. *shudder*

Top Nelly picks so far: "Kein Haus is so verrukt wie unser Haus" is the German remake of Madness's "Our House" and the translation is "no house is as messed up as our house."

Another good one is "Wie Familie" by the german group the Big Brother Allstars is a remake of "We are a Family" by the Pointer Sisters. The direct translation is "Like a Family..."

*SHUDDER* IT'S SO BAD, I CAN'T STOP LISTENING...!!!

~nelly~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: No prob!! new
      #140967 - 01/22/05 10:45 AM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Looking forward to it Nelly!

"Kein Haus is so verrukt wie unser Haus" sounds liek it rocks! Can I hear any of this fantastic German music over the 'net? It can be another addition to our Virtual Happy Hr!

Hey, maybe that should be a new thread! Nelly & Tommy's Virtual Happy Hr. We can post whenever we want and see how bad our grammar and language get after the alcohol kicks in. Others can join in from across the country... Fun times I tell ya!

--------------------

Re: 6 inches of snow and it's still coming down! new
      #140987 - 01/22/05 11:20 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

We have over a foot here near Chicago! And blustery wild wind. Duh, guess that's why it's called the Windy City.

I gotta move somewhere warmer!

BTW, doesn't the alcohol bother your tummy. I thought alcohol was one of the ten deadly sins!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

I AM SO THERE!!!!! new
      #140988 - 01/22/05 11:20 AM
Nelly

Nelly & Tommy's Virtual Happy Hr!!!! What a great idea!! Brought to you by snow and the letters Zzzzz! And by the letters J&D and the color Black!

OK I've had 2 beers and have a glass of JD on the rocks poured. What appetizers shall we serve at this virtual shindig? I'm boiling some eggs for lunch at the mo!

~nelly~

#140991 - 01/22/05 11:25 AM
Nelly

Yes, you are correct! The alcohol does bother the tummy, which is what I'm counting on. I'm a D, but really stable right now. Usually when I'm stable like this, I don't go unless I go off my meds or do what I'm doing now: provoke an attack. It's been like 8 days. So I'm all set to use the potty now.

I don't drink or otherwise engage in bad food behavior when my stomach goes out, only when it's doing ok. Or like right now, when it's way stable, and it's time to get things moving. But kids, odn't try this at home!

~nelly~ (plus it's a snoooow daaaay!)

Re: I AM SO THERE!!!!! new
      #140992 - 01/22/05 11:25 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

haha you guys are sooo funny! I'd love to join.. I'm always down for a nice drink. but I have to work.

It hasn't started snowing yet here in boston... but I'm scared.. ESPECIALLY beacuse I have to work tonight and drive there.. I'm not really in the mood to drive home in a foot of snow.

Anyways.. throw one back for me.. haha I made up for it last night and got a lil tipsy.. maybe i'll join you after work if happy hour lasts all night.

--------------------

#140993 - 01/22/05 11:27 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

I still drink (i'm 23 and still in school..i'm allowed haha).. I just take an immodium before and it works like a breeze

--------------------

#140995 - 01/22/05 11:27 AM
MCV

Reged: 01/04/05
Loc: Manchester, NH

The snow must be on its way here then - I'm in NH. The weather forecast is saying we could have blizzard conditions starting in the next few hours continuing throughout the night. Sorry to disappoint all you snow lovers, but I am DREADING it. That's right, I live in New England and I HATE winter! Going to run out and do my grocery shopping before driving becomes impossible!!

--------------------
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Michelle
IBS-A, pain predominant

Hmmm... new
      #140999 - 01/22/05 11:36 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

maybe I'll try a 7-7 next time instead of the nasty prune juice I resorted to last night. I think prune juice is another no no anyhow. But don't know if the alcohol would give me a BM or just a tummy ache!

Like Rachel, I'm pretty much a light weight anyhow. I hate beer with a passion.

Anyhow, glad your enjoying yourself this snowy day!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: I AM SO THERE!!!!! new
      #141000 - 01/22/05 11:38 AM
Nelly

Sounds great, Spicey!! Could always use another more in our little party!! How much did you get in Boston, 12 inches? Is it still snowing?

There's 8 inches on my banister on the balcony here! And it's still coming down! Good thing I bought that sled! Here, puppy, puppy!

~nelly~

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 330 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10064

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review