All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Chicago???
      #140867 - 01/22/05 03:48 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

DH just asked me if I wanted to go to Chicago for the weekend late next month...

but what to do and where to eat- he wants to take me somewhere fancy/special (maybe sushi- a safe favorite) while there... any suggestions??

Anyone know the city well? I've been there once but it was to visit someone, who no longer lives there, and one other time for a few hours when a flight was cancelled but I don't remember much of our foray into the city.... and DH has never been...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Chicago, that toddlin' town... new
      #140881 - 01/22/05 06:52 AM
ptillen

Reged: 06/27/04
Loc: Milwaukee WI

Art museum is fabulous. You could spend hours just standing in front of the Seurat "Sunday on the Isle of Grand Jatte". Beginning at the Art Museum and going south, there is a whole campus full of museums; the Museum of Science and Industry, the Planetariem, the Aquarium, all in gorgeous buildings and all wonderful ways to spend an afternoon.
If you're into shopping, just plan to spend an afternoon walking up and down Michigan Avenue. Some of the ritziest stores in the world.
If the weather is pleasant enough to be able to spend some time walking outside, take a walk through Graceland Cemetery. It's in the "Wrigleyville" neighborhood. Burial place of many people of national & local fame, and much beautiful sculpture.
As to eateries, let's see- we always bend the dietary rules a little on trips to Chicago because there's just so much good cuisine. But you might really enjoy a trip to Chinatown- really pretty and chock full of wonderful Asian restaurants.
For really world-class dining, you might want to check out Charlie Trotter's He has a cooking show on PBS; regarded as a chef's chef.
Whatever you decide to do, you'll have a great time! We live in Milwaukee (about 1 1/2 hours away) and take trips down several times a year. It's a tremendous city.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 754 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 233

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review