All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)
Re: SEATTLE - Dinner Gathering - Saturday, February 5th new
      #143666 - 01/28/05 06:29 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

OK, so far I will make........

Sweet Cinnamon Zucchini Bread and Peppermint Fudge Cake

Sounds like the menu from the Sprawl! LOL I was going to say Peppermint Fudge Cake also. It is one of my favorites also. I was also going to suggest Better than Cheesecake, only because I've never had it and I've always wanted to try it. But, 2 should be plenty for just us 7!! So scratch my BTC suggestion.

Now I'm dying for peppermint fudge cake.

I'll do the Peppermint for sure...and then maybe the BTC.... I've never tried it either....that way I can break in my new springform pan!! I'll play with that idea

I like your new "M&M" signature!! *wink wink**

I just looked at the BTC recipe and it says that it needs to be served chilled.... so I don't think I should make that one....it will be out of the fridge from at least 5:30pm until we eat it which could be as late at 8:30-9:00pm by time we are ready for it.... SO.......

What do you guys think about "Brer Rabbit Carrot Cake" on page #242 in Heather's book EFI? There are no bananas or nuts (so it will be safe for Steph). I can bring the wet & dry ingredients separate for the "Sweet Orange Icing" on page #243 and then just mix it up when we are ready to eat; at that time each person can add it to theirs if they would like to try it.

Oooh! The carrot cake sounds awesome! I've always wanted to try that one also. Sounds good to me!

BTW - I got a springform pan 2 yrs ago for Christmas, because of the recipes in EFI, and just finally used it a few weeks ago. I made the blueberry pecan cake in The First Year - yummy! I recommend it! (Not for this dinner, but for you to try.)

You like my M&M? LOL

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#143704 - 01/28/05 08:08 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Sounds like the menu from the Sprawl! LOL I was going to say Peppermint Fudge Cake also. It is one of my favorites also. I was also going to suggest Better than Cheesecake, only because I've never had it and I've always wanted to try it. But, 2 should be plenty for just us 7!! So scratch my BTC suggestion.

I'll do the Peppermint for sure...and then maybe the BTC.... I've never tried it either....that way I can break in my new springform pan!! I'll play with that idea

I just looked at the BTC recipe and it says that it needs to be served chilled.... so I don't think I should make that one....it will be out of the fridge from at least 5:30pm until we eat it which could be as late at 8:30-9:00pm by time we are ready for it.... SO.......

What do you guys think about "Brer Rabbit Carrot Cake" on page #242 in Heather's book EFI? There are no bananas or nuts (so it will be safe for Steph). I can bring the wet & dry ingredients separate for the "Sweet Orange Icing" on page #243 and then just mix it up when we are ready to eat; at that time each person can add it to theirs if they would like to try it.

Oooh! The carrot cake sounds awesome! I've always wanted to try that one also. Sounds good to me!

BTW - I got a springform pan 2 yrs ago for Christmas, because of the recipes in EFI, and just finally used it a few weeks ago. I made the blueberry pecan cake in The First Year - yummy! I recommend it! (Not for this dinner, but for you to try.)

You like my M&M? LOL

LOL...I got my pan 2 years ago too for Christmas because of the BTC I was gonna try..... and never got around to it... still in the box it came in... LOL

OK. I'll do the carrot cake & peppermint!

Love the M&M

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#143709 - 01/28/05 08:22 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Quote:

Hey Shell - have you made this cake before? It's delicious! I've made it the night before for a dinner, with the frosting on top, and still tasted great! The frosting is more like a glaze and is very thick, so if someone doesn't like the glaze, they can gently cut the top off! That's what one of my guests did and it worked fine.

--------------------
- Jennifer

#143711 - 01/28/05 08:26 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Quote:

Hey Shell - have you made this cake before? It's delicious! I've made it the night before for a dinner, with the frosting on top, and still tasted great! The frosting is more like a glaze and is very thick, so if someone doesn't like the glaze, they can gently cut the top off! That's what one of my guests did and it worked fine.

No, I've never tried it.... but I guess it soulds like it is best to put the glaze on and let it set up. Did you store it in the fridge or just the counter?

--------------------

#143716 - 01/28/05 08:35 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

I stored it in the fridge overnight, but then when I was ready to go I just left it on the counter during dinner. Was very delicious and is probably best not really cold.

--------------------
- Jennifer

#143718 - 01/28/05 08:39 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I stored it in the fridge overnight, but then when I was ready to go I just left it on the counter during dinner. Was very delicious and is probably best not really cold.

COOL! Thanks!

--------------------

#143878 - 01/28/05 02:08 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You like my M&M? LOL

LOL...I got my pan 2 years ago too for Christmas because of the BTC I was gonna try..... and never got around to it... still in the box it came in... LOL That is too funny!!! LOL About a month and a half or so before Christmas is when I got my EFI book and I swore up and down I just had to have that springform pan because I was going to make these recipes. Two years later I finally use it! I can't believe I'm not alone! LOL (If we had known this back in Vegas, we could have placed a bet on who would use their's first! ROFL!!)

OK. I'll do the carrot cake & peppermint! Excellent! Thanks for taking the time to do that Shell. I can't remember the last time I've gone out to eat and was able to eat dessert. (or one I should be eating anyway! )

Love the M&M

#144083 - 01/29/05 10:59 AM
manofmayo

Reged: 01/18/05
Loc: Everett, WA USA

I will see what I can do to come that night, but don't count on it, I usually need to work Saturday nights.

#144084 - 01/29/05 11:01 AM
manofmayo

Reged: 01/18/05
Loc: Everett, WA USA

you need a better way of listing who is coming.....

over on a car club site, we list who is coming to any event like:
1. Shell Mar
2. Heather
3. ????

and so on......

I know it makes my life easier to find out who is going without having to read every single post.

#144089 - 01/29/05 11:47 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

you need a better way of listing who is coming.....

over on a car club site, we list who is coming to any event like:
1. Shell Mar
2. Heather
3. ????

and so on......

I know it makes my life easier to find out who is going without having to read every single post.

Hey, I have edited the "original" (the 1st post in this thread) every time I find out someone is coming.... so no need to read the whole thread. Sorry you can't make it.... maybe next time.

But just for FYI... this is who will be there

*Shell Marr
*Mags & Mikey
*Steph & Adrian
*Heather & Will
*snookie (aka Gina) and her hubby Paul may also be joining us!!

--------------------

Edited by Shell Marr (01/29/05 11:50 AM)

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 162 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 31820

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review