Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re:We knew each other 2 weeks,,,, new
      #140658 - 01/21/05 10:25 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

For us it was only 4 weeks! We met October 1 and he proposed November 2nd! Only God could have made this match, and we thank Him for it always! Actually, I told my sister I had met the man I was going to marry after our first date! I just KNEW!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Re:We knew each other 2 weeks,,,, new
      #140662 - 01/21/05 10:42 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

Unbelievable! That is such a great story Gayla! 2 WEEKS! And now 30 years later....you two must be the cutest couple ever!

--------------------
~Cara~

SO romantic! new
      #140755 - 01/21/05 01:30 PM
Angie113

Reged: 12/31/04
Loc: Alternate b/w Northern and Southern California

Wow, reading all the proposal stories brought tears to my eyes...That's wonderful that you have such great memories AND successful marriages! The "love at first sight" stories are so sweet, and Cara I thought it was great that you said your DH was sweating because he was sooo nervous. Shell Marr, how sweet that Shane called your parents to ask for your hand, I love it! I hope to have a similar happy story someday...

--------------------
~Angela

Re: Thats sweet Shell, new
      #140792 - 01/21/05 04:04 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

I love men who are able to shed tears for love! What a guy!!!

Both of my sons are the same way, they can let the tears out and not feel embarassed, I taught them that!

It is quite harder for my husband. But I love him anyway!

Re: Thats sweet Shell, new
      #140795 - 01/21/05 04:08 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

I love men who are able to shed tears for love! What a guy!!!

Both of my sons are the same way, they can let the tears out and not feel embarassed, I taught them that!

It is quite harder for my husband. But I love him anyway!

Hehehe... Shane even cried during our wedding ceremony, made the Minister cry too.... it was sweet, but kinda funny...

He is just a doll.... he has no problem showing his emotions...one of the many things I love about him.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: SO romantic! new
      #145920 - 02/02/05 02:24 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Wow, reading all the proposal stories brought tears to my eyes...That's wonderful that you have such great memories AND successful marriages! The "love at first sight" stories are so sweet, and Cara I thought it was great that you said your DH was sweating because he was sooo nervous. Shell Marr, how sweet that Shane called your parents to ask for your hand, I love it! I hope to have a similar happy story someday...

Yes, Shane is a sweetie... and you too will have that.....

(ya just have to know how to train them....hehehe JUST KIDDING).... I have a feeling I'm gonna get it for that comment! LOL

--------------------

#145922 - 02/02/05 02:25 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Quote:

Quote:

(ya just have to know how to train them....hehehe JUST KIDDING).... I have a feeling I'm gonna get it for that comment! LOL

Oh good.. Mike can get some training in Seattle! If he's good, we'll take him to a Mariner's game. LOL

--------------------
- Jennifer

#145925 - 02/02/05 02:27 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Oh good.. Mike can get some training in Seattle! If he's good, we'll take him to a Mariner's game. LOL

Sounds like a plan!! I THINK Jeff Nelson just signed with the M's again... maybe it will be a good year?

--------------------

Re: How did YOUR husband propose? new
      #145943 - 02/02/05 03:04 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

At like 4 am I was awoken. Told to get dressed. Get on the T (in Boston...the trolley is called the T).

It was Feb 14th. Hubby and I are religious Jews so he figured I wouldn't suspect he was asking me to marry him on VALENTINE'S DAY LOL

He was right.

I had been waiting for weeks for him to ask. At that point..I was expecting to be waiting a while.

I figured since I'd been naggin him for a surprise...this was finally it.

After going all over town...we ended up at the Wharf by the water. Around 5:45 in the am. He timed it for sunrise! It was FREEZING cold LOL He read me a poem he had written. I STILL didn't think he was going to ask me LOL When he took out the ring...I was SHOCKED! Like...is this REAL?!?!

The poem was BEAUTIFUL! Oh, I also thought he wasn't asking me to marry him because my dad had written my mom a poem to ask her also! Basically it asked me to share my life with him.

I had sent him a website with rings on it. And showed him the type I like. And he had it ordered for me...and he was WAITING for it to be ready.

It was just so special!

We've been together 2.5 years. He means everything to me. Thank G-d I have him

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 94 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10649

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review