All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Re: How did YOUR husband propose? new
      #140587 - 01/21/05 06:49 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

My hubby surprised me with a trip to Florida, said I needed a week to just relax on the beach and in the hot tub (his grandma has a house there we stay at with a pool and hot tub - it's AWESOME!). The second night we were there he took me to a really nice restuarant on the beach, we sat outside and it was beautiful! We went to watch the sunset, and then went for a walk on the beach really late that night when no one was out. We went down by the water and he got on one knee! I don't remember a thing he said to me....all I was thinking was, 'oh my gosh, this is it...this is what everyone waits for...I have to remember this...etc'.

It's funny because I look back and I should have seen signs - he was sweating like CRAZY on that walk and I was FREEZING...I kept asking why he was so hot. And on the plane on the way there, he had my ring in his jacket, and I asked if I could wear his jacket and he was like, 'Why, you have your own right??' Which he NEVER would have said to me....

We've been married about 2 years now!

--------------------
~Cara~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#140599 - 01/21/05 08:03 AM

Unregistered

Aww Cara that's such a cute story! I love what you were thinking in your head..that would so be me, and then I wouldn't remember what was actually being said.

How romantic with the sunset and all too - those are always great. Funny how you can look back now and see all the signs too that you didn't notice then

#140600 - 01/21/05 08:05 AM

Unregistered

Angela that's such a cute story! I bet you think of that moment when you look at kiwis and strawberries..or want to eat cheesecake

Like your new picture too by the way!

Re:We knew each other 2 weeks,,,, new
      #140601 - 01/21/05 08:05 AM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

After dating for 2 weeks,we were going out for Pizza, (the best place to eat in a town with little to choose from). I was driving his truck, he was sitting beside me, he asked me to marry him. I had no problem say YES !!!!

It was definitely LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT!! When our eyes first met, we both knew this was it, that we were going to spend the rest of our lives together. So, for me, that first magical moment was one not to be beat! We were married 4 months later in a huge church wedding, and have been together for almost 30 years. We love each other more every day and cannot imagine being away from each other, ever!!!

I thank God for bringing us together, every day!!! He is a great man! I love him.

Re:We knew each other 2 weeks,,,, new
      #140602 - 01/21/05 08:07 AM

Unregistered

Wow..after 2 weeks you've been married happily for 30 years..that is so amazing!! I love to hear such happy stories like that where you just look at each other and know that that's it. How was it that you guys first met?

I can't pass this up.... new
      #140603 - 01/21/05 08:14 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

We had been in the library studying (good 'ole college days), and had walked out to the car to go home. It was raining lightly, and I couldn't understand why my DH came to my side of the car. He took my hand, got down on his knees, and asked me to be his wife! We enjoyed a nice long smooch in the rain! That was over 16 years and two kids ago...and I still am crazy about the man!! He is the most wonderful fella on two feet!!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Re:My aunt introduced us.....she is a matchmaker new
      #140614 - 01/21/05 08:48 AM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

My moms sister kept telling me that she knew this guy....she kept telling him that she had a great neice. My uncle would stand behind her and silently mouth that I weighed over 300lbs. , (you would have to know my family to think this is really funny, it was). So, naturally he was afraid my uncle might be telling the truth.

To meet him, I had come for a visit and my aunt told me to get in the car, she had someone for me to meet. She called and told him the same thing. We met in a huge barn out in the country, he had some pet squirrels he had raised from tiny babies in a huge cage. He came in the barn and was standing on the opposite side from me, he looked around the cage with the sweetest smile......ahhhhhhhhh. We both knew right then that we loved each other!

I said to myself....He is mine, I am going to marry that boy!

It was a heart pounding, clock stopping, "I gotta get some of that" moment. It seemed like it lasted forever, and I can still see his young face every time I think of it.

#140617 - 01/21/05 08:53 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Thanks for the compliment Brittany! Yeah I do think about that when I eat strawberries or kiwi. Except now I can't eat that kind of cheesecake anymore!

Gayla new
      #140627 - 01/21/05 09:11 AM
XXXXX

Reged: 11/23/04
Loc: South East Texas

I too knew that I would marry Charles the day we met. We met in October of 1985 and were married in January of 1986. During the 3.5 months between, we only spent two weeks together. Ours too was a match made in heaven...God is sooo Good!

#140635 - 01/21/05 09:35 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Ours was just on the fly... kind of a funny story. Shane & I were home (yes, we lived together 1st). I was sitting at the computer and he was standing next to me.... we were just taking about "our future" you know we all have those talks when you have been together and don't really know where it is going...lol. I was checking email and Shane went to the bathroom..... when he came back out... I spun around in my chair and found him in front of me down on one knee.... looked at me with tears in his eyes and said..."you know what? lets do it.... (pause) lets get married" I think I said "ok" but I'm not sure... he then picked up the phone and called my Dad My Mom answered and he asked to speak with Marv... Shane said, "Hey, how ya doing?....(they had some small talk)....then I hear Shane say (in a shaky voice), "would it be okay with you if I married your daughter?" Of course Mom & Dad were VERY HAPPY!! We laughed and cried etc... then I had to leave to go pick up our dinner (pizza we had already ordered from a wonderful friend who also came to our wedding a worked his butt off to make it right)....anyway... by time I got home...he had called his Dad, his Mom, and his Brother to let them all know. After we ate... I called my Sister (Maid of Honor), Best Friend (Bridesmaid, flowergirl, & ringbear), and all the Grandparents.... it was quite the night!! That was in Oct 2001....we were tight on money so we did not pick out rings until the end of Nov.... then for Christmas my Boss found out where we were getting the rings and gave us a $1,000 gift cert to pay for it and I was able to have it on my finger the same day that we left to go home to Shane's Family for Christmas.... it was so cool!

We were married Aug 2002...and are living happily ever after!

Thanks for asking this question.... HAPPY MEMOIRES!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Edited by Shell Marr (01/21/05 01:39 PM)

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 348 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10649

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review