All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
New Here Also!!
      #139801 - 01/18/05 08:54 PM
Katusoz

Reged: 01/17/05

Hi, I found the site through Google search. I seem to have developed IBS without recognizing or realizing it, just knew there was a bowel change. Then in November 04 I had a bad IBS attack, the doc thought it was just a virus, diarrhea lasted for two months, colonoscopy determined IBS. Now I'm to the Constipated side of IBS which would probably be the norm for me. I also have Chronic Lung Disease, Thyroid Disease, Fibromalagia, Poly Arthritis, Chronic Fatigue, Osteoporosis, Esophigitis or Reflux Disease, Depression, plus now IBS. This is a great site and is helping me to begin to understand, that I am not eating right, mainly because I was told to eat normally. Well that has ended up in no motility at all, even though taking metamucil three times daily. Yesterday the doc put me on Zelmac the Australian version of Zelnorm which sounds a bit scary, but so far no dramas. Today I ordered Heather's books. My quandry is that it seems most of the substitutions are with soy based products and because of my Thyroid disease, I cannot eat a lot of soy, as it will cause problems with the Thyroid function. I'm guessing maybe use rice milk, I'm not lactose intolerant, but in reading noticed with IBS you still can't digest Dairy products. I know we have some rice products here in Australia, will need to find a health food store!! Well enough rambling I think. Hope whoever reads this is having one great day. Katusoz

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: New Here Also!! new
      #139820 - 01/19/05 01:34 AM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Hi! I'm from Aus too! Rice Dream (from Coles) Vanilla is the best rice milk we have (the others are generally gross!) but other than that we don't seem to have a lot of rice cheese, yoghurt etc. I can't do soy at all so I had big problems trying to find the stuff, but canberra may be different from where you're located. I hope you start to feel better soon and if you're ever having a bad day (or a good one) or need some advice, just post and we'll all be here to help out. See you around the boards.

--------------------
Amy

#139854 - 01/19/05 07:47 AM
Computr821

Reged: 12/02/04
Loc: University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA/ Baltimore, MD

Wow...that's a lot of stuff to deal with. Glad to see you're a part of the boards now, we'll be more than happy to help.

--------------------
Why'd you have to go and make me so constipated?
--'Weird' Al Yankovic, "A Complicated Song"

#139930 - 01/19/05 11:14 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Hello and Welocme! I actually prefer the rice products over the soy products but I'm not sure how readily available they are in australia! I hope the Zelnorm works for you. It worked ok for a couple of weeks for me than stopped working completey. I find miralax to be a better long term solution for chronic C!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 511 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 499

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review